Derek McInnes

Where are we going with Pedro? At this moment even second looks a long way of

I don't know if MacInnes would be a success or not, but at this moment I would have him in a heartbeat
After 6 games 2nd place is a 'long way off' Really? He man you want to replace our manager dropped points at home to Kilmarnock today - a result which would have you screaming for our manager to be sacked. You epitomise the nonsense spouted on this board after every negative result. Get a f@cking grip

I think he would do a far better job than Pedro, it really wouldn't be hard for any good manager to do so truth be told.

That said, can we see McInnes toppling Rodgers and overtaking Celtic?

Na, me neither.

He would probably do a better job then Pedro is doing at the moment

But is that what we are looking for? Someone who isn't as bad as the last one?

Pedro was a left field appointment and it's looking more and more like a mistake with every passing week

But we bring in a new manager then what? Is he going to want to work with what we have or do we need to start again for the 3rd time in 3 seasons

How does second look a long way off? Are you saying another team (Celtic aside) look significantly better than us?

Yes, at this moment the league doesn't lie. The sheep are ahead of us and likely to be further ahead next week

Can you honestly say we are better than the sheep?

You sure it's footballing hipsterness and not us being weary of hiring someone whose won %^*& all, unless Aberdeen got a second place trophy.
What the %^*& had Walter Smith won before he came to Ibrox? He would have been nowhere near Rangers if the board back then had your attitude.
Just because McInnes is Scottish doesn't make him a bad manager. In fact Scottish managers have mostly been responsible for our success over the years.
The out of the box forward thinking appointments have been, on the whole, failures. PLG was a disaster, MW was not much better and Pedro should have been nowhere near Rangers.
McInness was the obvious choice to replace MW. Knows Scottish football, knows what Rangers are all about, worked under Smith and has done well at Dolly with limited funds.
Instead we went for an unknown Portuguese guy that was managing in Qatar but he did have a belter of an interview. Talking, I would suggest, is Pedro's strong point. It doesn't seem to be winning football matches.

Yes, at this moment the league doesn't lie. The sheep are ahead of us and likely to be further ahead next week

Can you honestly say we are better than the sheep?

Time will tell. But they aren't significantly better than us from what I've seen of them.

After 6 games 2nd place is a 'long way off' Really? He man you want to replace our manager dropped points at home to Kilmarnock today - a result which would have you screaming for our manager to be sacked. You epitomise the nonsense spouted on this board after every negative result. Get a f@cking grip

you haven't obviously haven't looked at the league recently

It is not about one negative result though. If you are happy where we are than good for you- I and plenty more are not

Last edited:
What the %^*& had Walter Smith won before he came to Ibrox? He would have been nowhere near Rangers if the board back then had your attitude.
Just because McInnes is Scottish doesn't make him a bad manager. In fact Scottish managers have mostly been responsible for our success over the years.
The out of the box forward thinking appointments have been, on the whole, failures. PLG was a disaster, MW was not much better and Pedro should have been nowhere near Rangers.
McInness was the obvious choice to replace MW. Knows Scottish football, knows what Rangers are all about, worked under Smith and has done well at Dolly with limited funds.
Instead we went for an unknown Portuguese guy that was managing in Qatar but he did have a belter of an interview. Talking, I would suggest, is Pedro's strong point. It doesn't seem to be winning football matches.

Walter had worked at Rangers as an assistant to a title winning manager. To be fair if Walter was appointed when the Internet was around there would be an uproar.

As for the rest of that, who gives a %^*& what he's done at a shity wee club like Aberdeen. He's won %^*& all and a it's a completely different kettle of fish to doing it at Rangers.

"Pure knows Scottish fitbaw n'at". The best coaches in the world are often coaching and winning in leagues where they never played or managed previous.

But your shitebag prehistoric approach will probably come to fruition anyway. And I'm sure it'll be depressing as %^*& when it does, but at least you'll have your Scottish born manger that knows wit itz aw aboot.

I'm fully behind Pedro at the moment and will give him till New Year at least to let the team gel but should it not work out... I can't see by McInnes. I was against his appointment back in March however it's the only logical appointment. Knows the league, has an Aberdeen team playing well on a budget much lower than our own having had to rebuild the squad after key players left over the summer.

I think that pedro will get there what we need is stability within the club chopping and changing managers will not help then we would be looking at new players then they would need time to settle

Early days yet it but Pedro might be off before the end of the season do we go for another obscure foreign manager.

Derek Mcinnes is a Scottish manager at knows the Scottish game. so he should be the rangers manager no. now many top English teams have an English manager. when was the last English manager to win the premiership. just because he is Scottish does not mean he would win the league.

Every team that plays us either raise their game as if it's a cup final or boot lumps out of our players, Rangers are the team to beat for all of them, no matter who the manager is the environment in Scotland is ramped up by the media to such an extent that all the other teams are desperate to beat us.

Derek Mcinnes is a Scottish manager at knows the Scottish game. so he should be the rangers manager no. now many top English teams have an English manager. when was the last English manager to win the premiership. just because he is Scottish does not mean he would win the league.
Comparing the EPL and the SPL is like comparing chalk and cheese,the EPL teams have millions of pounds to spunk and that's what attracts mercenaries from all over the world what have we got to offer these people.

you haven't obviously haven't looked at the league recently

It is not about one negative result though. If you are happy where we are than good for you- I and plenty more are not

Of course I am not happy with third place, but there are 32 more games to be played, so I am not going to wet myself quite yet.

"Pure knows Scottish fitbaw n'at". The best coaches in the world are often coaching and winning in leagues where they never played or managed previous.

But your shitebag prehistoric approach will probably come to fruition anyway. And I'm sure it'll be depressing as %^*& when it does, but at least you'll have your Scottish born manger that knows wit itz aw aboot.

The last time a non British manager won the SPL was Advocaat in season 1999-2000.

Walter had worked at Rangers as an assistant to a title winning manager. To be fair if Walter was appointed when the Internet was around there would be an uproar.

As for the rest of that, who gives a %^*& what he's done at a shity wee club like Aberdeen. He's won %^*& all and a it's a completely different kettle of fish to doing it at Rangers.

So how is the modern let's get an unknown foreign manager approach getting on? Oh and just for the record McInness has won the league cup with Aberdeen. The last time Rangers won the SPL it was with a Scottish born manager that knows wit itz aw aboot. He had to come back and save us after a forward thinking foreign manager made a James Hunt of it or has that wee episode slipped your memory?

Probably the most successful manager in the EPL was Scottish, played for us as well. Cut his teeth at St Mirren and then managed Aberdeen. Do you think he knew wit it wiz aw aboot?

If we had brought in McInness when MW left and gave him the same budget as Pedro I reckon we would be in better shape than we are now.

Cannot disagree with any of that.

Maybe something for a bit of comparison, that some folk cannot appear to grasp, regarding the managers job at Rangers.

David Moyes was a good manager for Everton, I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

He never won the EPL with Everton though.

Everton fans expectations were probably they were quite happy punching above their weight, finishing near the top of the league. European football etc.

Did Moyes know the English game inside out?

What happened when Moyes took over at Manchester Utd?

Found out to be a complete dud in that role.

Why, because managing Everton and managing Manchester Utd are two entirely different jobs.

Similar to managing Aberdeen, and managing Rangers.

Not saying this would happen to McInnes, but there is absolutely no guarantee that success at a one club immediately means success at another club, where the expectations are so much higher.

If you don't ask you don't get he's also got a soft spot for us so I would ask the question,

We can ask all we like, his demands are way, way out of our financial reach.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/12/24/crystal-palace-agree-48k-big-sam-wages-20m-kitty/

Crystal Palace agree ÂŁ48k Big Sam wages + ÂŁ4m bonus & ÂŁ20m transfer kitty for boss who earned ÂŁ25k a day with England
Posted by Andy Morris December 24, 2016
Sam-Allardyce.jpg

Sam Allardyce will reportedly earn ÂŁ2.5m a year as Crystal Palace manager.

The new Eagles boss, who replaced Alan Pardew in the Selhurst Park hot-seat on Friday, has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal.

According to the Daily Mail, that deal is worth ÂŁ2.5m per year (ÂŁ48,077 per week), plus a ÂŁ4m bonus if Palace avoid relegation this season.

Palace are currently 17th in the Premier League table, so Big Sam just has to maintain that position, or drift slightly closer to mid-table mediocrity in order to earn his latest whopping bonus.

The Mail claim that he was paid ÂŁ1.5m for his sixth-month stint at Sunderland last season, plus around ÂŁ2m for keeping them up.

And his 67-day spell as England boss earned him £650,000 in wages, plus a £1m pay-off when he was sacked, per The Mail’s info. That works out at £24,627 for each day he was in charge of the Three Lions.

As well as throwing money at their new manager personally, Palace are seemingly ready to give him a wad of cash to throw at players.

The Daily Star report that Palace have given Allardyce a ÂŁ20m transfer kitty to blow in January.

We can ask all we like, his demands are way, way out of our financial reach.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/12/24/crystal-palace-agree-48k-big-sam-wages-20m-kitty/

Crystal Palace agree ÂŁ48k Big Sam wages + ÂŁ4m bonus & ÂŁ20m transfer kitty for boss who earned ÂŁ25k a day with England
Posted by Andy Morris December 24, 2016
Sam-Allardyce.jpg

Sam Allardyce will reportedly earn ÂŁ2.5m a year as Crystal Palace manager.

The new Eagles boss, who replaced Alan Pardew in the Selhurst Park hot-seat on Friday, has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal.

According to the Daily Mail, that deal is worth ÂŁ2.5m per year (ÂŁ48,077 per week), plus a ÂŁ4m bonus if Palace avoid relegation this season.

Palace are currently 17th in the Premier League table, so Big Sam just has to maintain that position, or drift slightly closer to mid-table mediocrity in order to earn his latest whopping bonus.

The Mail claim that he was paid ÂŁ1.5m for his sixth-month stint at Sunderland last season, plus around ÂŁ2m for keeping them up.

And his 67-day spell as England boss earned him £650,000 in wages, plus a £1m pay-off when he was sacked, per The Mail’s info. That works out at £24,627 for each day he was in charge of the Three Lions.

As well as throwing money at their new manager personally, Palace are seemingly ready to give him a wad of cash to throw at players.

The Daily Star report that Palace have given Allardyce a ÂŁ20m transfer kitty to blow in January.

He may drop his demands with the chance of actually winning something.

2 points out of the last 6 (keeper at Murrayfield saved it from being 1 out of 6). It doesn't necessarily make him a bad manager, of course it doesn't, but it is the type of points return that would have the rump of fans calling for PC's head calling for McInnes's.

The majority of fans complaining aren't jumping on PC because he managed a team that threw away a one goal lead to salvage a draw against the second bottom team playing with ten men. They are complaining because of a catalogue of horrendous results including two pumpings from celtc, one of which is a record for them, a defeat at home to Aberdeen, dumped out of Europe by 4th place in Luxembourg and only managing one win from three home games at Ibrox.

There's always a few who go tonto with any points dropped, but when you see generally rationale posters like SDF say he doesn't believe in PC then it's more than one off games.

In fewer than 20 matches PC has recorded 4 or 5 of the worst performances we've seen in decades. Surely that has a few alarm bells ringing?

For some reason I just can't take To McInnes as a manager.

I don't think he's achieved that much and in some instances failed.

Our own manager's profile and pedigree or lack thereof has been done to death so I won't go there.

So how is the modern let's get an unknown foreign manager approach getting on? Oh and just for the record McInness has won the league cup with Aberdeen. The last time Rangers won the SPL it was with a Scottish born manager that knows wit itz aw aboot. He had to come back and save us after a forward thinking foreign manager made a James Hunt of it or has that wee episode slipped your memory?

Probably the most successful manager in the EPL was Scottish, played for us as well. Cut his teeth at St Mirren and then managed Aberdeen. Do you think he knew wit it wiz aw aboot?

If we had brought in McInness when MW left and gave him the same budget as Pedro I reckon we would be in better shape than we are now.

The two teams in Scotland who win the titles don't often appoint foreign coaches anyway do they?

You know %^*& all about football. Your assertion that it's got to be someone familiar with the league when the Mourinho's, Conte's, Ancelotti's and Guardiola's won titles in countries they'd never played or managed in previously is hilarious and makes a complete mockery of that.

A league cup? I'm talking about something significant, I'm not interested in Rangers finish the season with the fecking league cup.

Your personal take on it is backwards pish and the notion McInnes would have had more success based purely on a decent job at a shitty decrepit club like Aberdeen shows how over simplistic your view is. If only Rangers had went for George Burley after Big Eck eh! After all he had his hearts team winning more games than us, cleary he was meant for a bigger job, like the Scotland job maybe. Oh wait......

McInnes would do a very good job with the higher budget he's have

I reckon the attitude towards him is typical of a lot of our fans, the same ones who were 'underwhelmed' about McInnes' last captain signing for us, who has went on to be our best player.

I think we'll go all out for him if it doesn't work with Pedro.

It's difficult to say but I'd be open to it, a lot more than I have been previously.

The two teams in Scotland who win the titles don't often appoint foreign coaches anyway do they?

You know %^*& all about football. Your assertion that it's got to be someone familiar with the league when the Mourinho's, Conte's, Ancelotti's and Guardiola's won titles in countries they'd never played or managed in previously is hilarious and makes a complete mockery of that.

A league cup? I'm talking about something significant, I'm not interested in Rangers finish the season with the fecking league cup.

Your personal take on it is backwards pish and the notion McInnes would have had more success based purely on a decent job at a shitty decrepit club like Aberdeen shows how over simplistic your view is. If only Rangers had went for George Burley after Big Eck eh! After all he had his hearts team winning more games than us, cleary he was meant for a bigger job, like the Scotland job maybe. Oh wait......

Telling someone they know feck all about football because you disagree with them.

giphy.gif

Telling someone they know feck all about football because you disagree with them.

giphy.gif

Sometimes people just talk shite. It's like if someone tells you Ronaldo isn't very good at football. You're just greeting because you're on the Derek McInnes loveboat with him

All these people saying he's doing a or would do a better job than Pedro Is he really, Aberdeen are only 3 points in front of us and they've had a settled squad for the last few seasons

When he replace Pedro surely we have to look at a higher level, As hopefully we'll have had a share issue by then and the merchandising is now stablised

Wow .... we actually have the "you know f*ck all about football" comment in this thread.

Will we get "Ma Da is bigger than your Da" next ?

All these people saying he's doing a or would do a better job than Pedro Is he really, Aberdeen are only 3 points in front of us and they've had a settled squad for the last few seasons

When he replace Pedro surely we have to look at a higher level, As hopefully we'll have had a share issue by then and the merchandising is now stablised

They've had a better start to the season than us having spent around about ÂŁ500k bringing in 7 new players.

I don't like Derek McInnes by the way.

Sometimes people just talk shite. It's like if someone tells you Ronaldo isn't very good at football. You're just greeting because you're on the Derek McInnes loveboat with him

I don't think Derek McInnes is a particularly brilliant manager but I'd argue he's clearly much more suited to the job of Rangers Manager than Pedro Caixinha is.

I honestly don't know who the answer is.

I feel after 2 'outsiders' we probably would be better getting someone from Scottish Football and that's not because I'm a shitebag or an idiot or an xenophobe.

It's because 2 times in a row the 'new ideas' route hasn't worked. Hipster shit in Scottish Football generally doesn't work.

We need something that will work.

McInnes would do a very good job with the higher budget he's have

I reckon the attitude towards him is typical of a lot of our fans, the same ones who were 'underwhelmed' about McInnes' last captain signing for us, who has went on to be our best player.

I think we'll go all out for him if it doesn't work with Pedro.

It's difficult to say but I'd be open to it, a lot more than I have been previously.
Best player? he is far to lightweight to be anything like what we need, putting on muscle and not getting blown over by a gust of wind would help him immensely.

I don't think Derek McInnes is a particularly brilliant manager but I'd argue he's clearly much more suited to the job of Rangers Manager than Pedro Caixinha is.

I feel after 2 'outsiders' we probably would be better getting someone from Scottish Football and that's not because I'm a shitebag or an idiot or an xenophobe.

It's because 2 times in a row the 'new ideas' route hasn't worked. Hipster shit in Scottish Football generally doesn't work.

He might be more suited to it, it's true. But if he is as high as we're willing to aim then we should all get comfortable with mediocrity because there'll be a whole lot more of it to come in my opinion.

Whilst I am leaning toward McInness being our next boss now, it's simply because I want to see us cement at least 2nd and attempt at getting into the Europa. I am more than happy if our new DoF has someone in mind for the job and that person is able to implement a system into our play.

Aberdeen lost brought in 7 players and 11 left in the summer. 2 of those players were their best players. They shouldn't be doing better than us on paper at least.

McInnes is a decent SPL manager but I reckon he's found his level.

Yes Aberdeen were above us last season despite our budget being bigger, so credit where it's due. However Aberdeen's budget was bigger than the rest of the dross they finished ahead of last year and are ahead of this year.

Up against the filth while we were away and down at Bristol City are the times that he's really been tested and he has completely crumbled.

McInnes averaged 1.031 points per game with Bristol City and took them on the worst run of their history with seven consecutive losses. He subsequently beat this record himself by taking them on an even worse run. He was also roundly ridiculed for the quality of his signings, not to mention how he set his team up (Ricky Foster in midfield etc).

He's back in a comfortable SPL job from which I don't see him moving as he knows it's his ceiling, hence why he signed the new deal.

If we appointed McInnes we'd maybe pick up a league cup or two while the rats marched to ten in a row and beyond.

If not McInnes, then who? Tommy Wright? Another foreigner? Because unless we break the bank we're not going to secure a big name

Back