Can the hysterical threads now stop?

dt17

The Jay Cartwright of FF
I've seen posters saying we're nothing more than a top 6 side now which is absolutely mental.

We shouldn't expect to challenge Celtic for the title as they are vastly superior to us in almost every department. They can afford to make 5 changes to their usual starting 11 and still batter teams.

The fact is, we should still finish second and I think we will. The likes of Aberdeen, St. Johnstone, Hibs etc will all drop points along the way (as seen today).

People need to get it out their head that we will just turn up and run over teams. They days are well gone.

I've seen posters saying we're nothing more than a top 6 side now which is absolutely mental.

We shouldn't expect to challenge Celtic for the title as they are vastly superior to us in almost every department. They can afford to make 5 changes to their usual starting 11 and still batter teams.

The fact is, we should still finish second and I think we will. The likes of Aberdeen, St. Johnstone, Hibs etc will all drop points along the way (as seen today).

People need to get it out their head that we will just turn up and run over teams. They days are well gone.
Good post but we need to stop rolling over to teams!

I heard the same stuff all last season. When there is any evidence we are any better than last season maybe then. Running over teams isn't the pre requisite but showing form beyond two wins against mediocre teams is. If your happy fair enough, I can see issues and next weekend has every chance of another sore one. Then you will see some real hysterics.

come onto FF on and off all day every day but after a bad result you just know all the bedwetters will be out in force what happened to supporting your f#cking team I'm astounded by some of the comments and threads started on here Derek f#cking McInness give me a break

Surely places 1 and 2 are in the top 6 so your thread makes no sense at all.

For the sake of your sanity it's always best to avoid FF for at least 24hrs if we drop any points.
Some of the comments about our players, coaching staff and Board are just outrageous.

I'm not expecting us to challenge Celtic this season, what I am expecting though is for us to string some victories together, play well enough to beat newly promoted sides, managerless sides, relegation fodder sides who have 10 men.

There is little to suggest we will finish second, in fact a large number of posters suggested we would comfortably finish second last year.

Surely places 1 and 2 are in the top 6 so your thread makes no sense at all.

What are you on about?

Do you know what it means when someone says a top 6 side? They're referring to a St. Johnstone, Motherwell type of team.

Honestly...

We need to see progression, at least1 win against them this season with a comfortable 2nd place and a cup final is progressing.

Last seasons team would have lost last night.

So are we using Patrick Thistle as a yardstick here? We are looking at progression because we scraped a point against Patrick feckin Thistle?

We need to see progression, at least1 win against them this season with a comfortable 2nd place and a cup final is progressing.

Last seasons team would have lost last night.

If St Johnstone can hold them at the Piggery, we can beat them at Ibrox.

I want us to get in about them from the kick off. Not making stupid fouls or getting embroiled in handbags at dawn scenarios, but closing them down cleanly and professionally, intercepting passes and forcing them into errors.

No matter what the perceived gulf in quality is, you can be hardworking and professional no matter who you're playing. And that might just be the difference between getting a good result and not.

No matter what way you look at it we have dropped at least 5 points we shouldn't have ,
5 points we are now behind the Scum from some fairly easy matches .

They'll never stop. We've got panic merchants, those with a very sparse knowledge of football, and full blown nutters everywhere, and they go into a frenzy whenever we drop points and they'll continue to do so.

Cardoso the Portuguese Konterman
Pedro out
Alves done
Tavernier a joke
Blame the board
Declan John hopeless
Windass an imposter
Pena & Herrera a waste
Morelos not doing enough

ALL mentioned on the board since the FT whistle last night

Last week we were spanking the tims, actual threads on it

FF is an asylum for the Bi Polar!!!
It's honestly a joke. Considered signing off and hitting the log out button today. But then, what else would I do on holiday.

I'm not expecting us to challenge Celtic this season, what I am expecting though is for us to string some victories together, play well enough to beat newly promoted sides, managerless sides, relegation fodder sides who have 10 men.

There is little to suggest we will finish second, in fact a large number of posters suggested we would comfortably finish second last year.

I want us to get in about them from the kick off. Not making stupid fouls or getting embroiled in handbags at dawn scenarios, but closing them down cleanly and professionally, intercepting passes and forcing them into errors.

No matter what the perceived gulf in quality is, you can be hardworking and professional no matter who you're playing. And that might just be the difference between getting a good result and not.
All I ask is the players give everything they've got

Your expectations seem entirely reasonable, Jimmy.

I'll crack the jokes around here mate.

You've got more chance of disarming North Korea than you have of trying to convince some posters on here on your thoughts.

I heard the same stuff all last season. When there is any evidence we are any better than last season maybe then. Running over teams isn't the pre requisite but showing form beyond two wins against mediocre teams is. If your happy fair enough, I can see issues and next weekend has every chance of another sore one. Then you will see some real hysterics.
I think there is evidence we are better than last season. Yes, we need to improve defensively, but with the exception of the Hearts game, we are banging the goals in, something we were most certainly not doing last season. Midfield and up front is a marked improvement. Stop shifting daft goals and switching off for spells results will come.

Pedro out
Alves done
Tavernier a joke
Blame the board
Declan John hopeless
Windass an imposter
Pena & Herrera a waste
Morelos not doing enough

I blame you for getting the infirm's hopes up :D

For the sake of your sanity it's always best to avoid FF for at least 24hrs if we drop any points.
Some of the comments about our players, coaching staff and Board are just outrageous.
Agreed. Some of the hysteria after any dropped points or even after a narrow win sometimes is laughable as much as it is embarrassing.

So are we using Patrick Thistle as a yardstick here? We are looking at progression because we scraped a point against Patrick feckin Thistle?

Not on its own but we have this team until Jan before we can make any additional changes. 4 players from last year started the game.

Yes we are Rangers - the biggest club etc but this summer wasn't an Advocaat transformation. There are learnings to be made and last night will be one for many of the players to understand what Scottish football is about.

I think we need to be on the front foot with a couple of early goals then be compact and counter-attack to get any sort of result.

I think we need to be on the front foot with a couple of early goals then be compact and counter-attack to get any sort of result.

An early goal for us would be extremely helpful.

It's important we keep our discipline though. The first meeting last season was a lesson on how not to play a Glasgow derby.

Win next week and it's game on. We'd be two points behind them having played the same number of games.

Lose next week and the Bear Pit is best avoided.

Win next week and enjoy it . Have a sash bash a bevvy and feel good about the 3 points. Dont come on here saying we are going for 55.

We are not going to challenge this year. We will beat them at some point but over the marathon of a 38 game season they will finish comfortable 1st. Roberts , Sinclair , Tierney all on the bench for them today. They will win most spfl games at a canter. We need to concentrate on developing as a football team and finishing second.

It's the same idea as the manky mob have, just go on a run and beat the rivals with a lead that they can't pull back.

We can do it but we need to sharpen up the defending which is costing us goals, therefor points.

We are coming into a run of games that need to be won, nae draws or defeats. That's where we stand.

The ones calling people bed wetters will be the first to moan like %^*& should the bheggars do us over next week.

The same ones name calling were the first to point out the records Caixinha messed up; 5-1 Celtic at Ibrox, Aberdeen first win at Ibrox since '91, Progres.

Whooops alright...

It's the same idea as the manky mob have, just go on a run and beat the rivals with a lead that they can't pull back.

We can do it but we need to sharpen up the defending which is costing us goals, therefor points.

We are coming into a run of games that need to be won, nae draws or defeats. That's where we stand.

I always had the end of Oct to see where we are before making any sort of judgement.

So 1st and 2nd places are not on the top 6 then?

You're deliberately trying to be a smart arse and you're making yourself look stupid.

Have you never heard that term before? I'm sure Chelsea or Man City wouldn't class themselves as top 6 teams even though they will always finish in the top 6. They'd class themselves as title challengers.

Reactions: Mez
Patience is key in times like these. Incremental improvements can be seen in our play. Teams have been extremely lucky against us thus far. I think we can win next week if we get right stuck in and force them into errors as their backline is gash. As for the hysteria, it's part of life now, for people to spout bull without thinking. They should be careful as loose lips sink big ships!

They're not well thought out or considered they're just the ramblings of hysterical drama queens.

But that can be said of the staunchers too. "Pedro will come good, I just know he will". Not well thought out, no carefull comsideration, just a hunch, a hope and some blind loyalty.

Pedro out
Alves done
Tavernier a joke
Blame the board
Declan John hopeless
Windass an imposter
Pena & Herrera a waste
Morelos not doing enough

A situation arose during the summer where this level of hysteria was unavoidable.

gutless semi final > 1-5 > Aberdeen > Progres

Your average Rangers fan will just not accept the man who presides over those results.

The board should know their customer's better.

Back