Souness on super sunday

albop

topic came to zouma and he was'nt holding back

the other two ( carragher and richards ) giving it he should be forgiven

at one point richards compared it to a murderer walking the streets after being released

at one point i thought souness was gonna go joe pescy on them with his pen

I love that he asked if they had time to talk about it. It clearly wasn’t on the agenda for today’s games but he wanted to get his tuppenceworth in so he could slate the scumbag Zouma.
talking about forgiveness like hes learned a lesson, hes a fuckin scumbag

souness was right suspend him then sell him

moyes defending the cretin is just as bad, he had a sore tummy ffs

talking about forgiveness like hes learned a lesson, hes a fuckin scumbag

souness was right suspend him then sell him

moyes defending the cretin is just as bad, he had a sore tummy ffs
Loved when the presenter said “yeah but he said he’s sorry, he’s been fined and he’ll work with the RSPCA” etc and Souness (seeing straight through it) just said “yeah but that’s all PR stuff that’s come from his advisors”. Modern footballers probably won’t like him saying that because they’ll all know that they’ve got their army of advisors to tell them exactly what to do to maintain a certain image. Nothing original or genuine about them, phoney bastards.

Is this Zouma thing still going on?

Any time anyone does anything wrong, and this is terrible behaviour btw, it doesn't half go on and on these days with everyone and anyone wanting a pound of flesh.

Let the authorities deal with it as they see fit and get on with it.
was it not only last week it was posted

everyone wants a pound a flesh because hes a absolute khunt

was it not only last week it was posted

everyone wants a pound a flesh because hes a absolute khunt

Exactly. Last week.

Maybe people would do well to stop holding footballers up as some sort of automatic role models. There are alleged rapists and murderers among them.

Let guys like Rashford be seen as role models for their deeds but some random guy isn't a role model just cos he is good at football.

No need for people to still be going on about this imo. It's been pretty much universally decided he is a khunt. He is under investigation and the cats are now safe. What more do folk want?

Exactly. Last week.

Maybe people would do well to stop holding footballers up as some sort of automatic role models. There are alleged rapists and murderers among them.

Let guys like Rashford be seen as role models for their deeds but some random guy isn't a role model just cos he is good at football.

No need for people to still be going on about this imo. It's been pretty much universally decided he is a khunt. He is under investigation and the cats are now safe. What more do folk want?
But footballers are looked up to by kids whether you like or not. They have a bit of responsibility there, and to be honest they should be able to deal with it, it’s not as though they have many other responsibilities in their pampered, mollycoddled lives.

And I think people want to see him punished accordingly, not just forced to give up a wee bit of his savings before being allowed to forget it all ever happened.

Is this Zouma thing still going on?

Any time anyone does anything wrong, and this is terrible behaviour btw, it doesn't half go on and on these days with everyone and anyone wanting a pound of flesh.

Let the authorities deal with it as they see fit and get on with it.
There's the problem. Authorities doing nothing, the police from day one said, nothing to see here and the football authorities have said nothing of note.

But footballers are looked up to by kids whether you like or not. They have a bit of responsibility there, and to be honest they should be able to deal with it, it’s not as though they have many other responsibilities in their pampered, mollycoddled lives.

And I think people want to see him punished accordingly, not just forced to give up a wee bit of his savings before being allowed to forget it all ever happened.

I don't see footballers as role models. What are they role models for? You can't just say to someone "here mate folk look up to you because you're good at football so you better act appropriately." Like any other job, some of them are kunts. Zouma is clearly a kunt.

Kids have wanted to be professional footballers since day dot but that's different from seeing them as someone to model your life on. When I was younger, I ran about pretending to be Gazza. Loved the man. Read about him lifting his hands to Cheryl and, even at 10 or 11, I knew it was wrong. Didn't stop me loving what he was doing on the park.

Same here. No kid brought up the right way is kicking any cats just because some no mark West Ham player did it.

I've kinda digressed a bit from my actual point here tbf.

He is going to be heftily punished for this every time he steps onto a park in front of thousands as well as by the authorities. Is there any need to go on about it so much a week down the line?

He is a kunt who just happens to work as a footballer. He will actually probably get punished more than you or I as we don't go to work in front of 50,000 people who now hate us. Nor would anyone remember if we did it two weeks down the line.

He most certainly isn't getting away with this Scot free. He has brought it on himself and I've no sympathy. But just don't think everything needs to have work related consequences by way of a suspension or that, by not doing so, his manager who gets sacked if his team don't do well, is doing something wrong by playing him.

Last edited:
you can say it’s unfairly making role models out of footballers or it happened last week, or poor Zouma is now having mental health issues, or some other irrelevant twaddle to justify and excuse what Zouma did, but you can’t defeat the base argument of what Souness said. They abused the cat and laughed about it then uploaded it to social media because they thought there was nothing wrong with what they were doing and that others would think the same

And mealy mouthed Karren Brady saying he feels bad and he’s been disciplined is also irrelevant

Don't agree with him saying Zouma shouldn't play the rest of the season but i respect his opinion, he's an animal lover and vegan, the wellbeing of animals is something he strongly believes in. He's not going on about animal cruelty and how wrong it is while having bacon with his breakfast and a steak for dinner that came from animals that dealt with cruelty and suffering their entire lives because of factory farming.

Zouma did something wrong, he has already been punished financially by his club and lost his deal with adidas, besides a ban for a certain amount of matches what more do people want? We aren't talking about a player like Griffiths who can't go a year without getting into bother, this seems like Zouma's first mistake in life. At some point he deserves the opportunity to work on bettering himself and show this was just a terrible mistake.

Souness called it spot on there, he can see right through all the PR shite that was trotted out on Zouma's behalf.

Carragher not exactly someone I’d listen to for personal advice
At least Sky forgave him for....what was it....doing a Gill Sturgeon and gobbing in someones face?

Souness is correct in everything he said.

Often in the past, clubs will announce that players have been fined - but, haven't actually fined the player.

The problem is......if West Ham sacked him - there are plenty other teams who would sign him!

Last edited:
Micah Richards keeping on repeating "He's made a mistake" what planet are these idiots on?

Don't agree with him saying Zouma shouldn't play the rest of the season but i respect his opinion, he's an animal lover and vegan, the wellbeing of animals is something he strongly believes in. He's not going on about animal cruelty and how wrong it is while having bacon with his breakfast and a steak for dinner that came from animals that dealt with cruelty and suffering their entire lives because of factory farming.

Zouma did something wrong, he has already been punished financially by his club and lost his deal with adidas, besides a ban for a certain amount of matches what more do people want? We aren't talking about a player like Griffiths who can't go a year without getting into bother, this seems like Zouma's first mistake in life. At some point he deserves the opportunity to work on bettering himself and show this was just a terrible mistake.
Financial punishment is irrelevant he’s a very wealthy young man given his years at Chelsea and now West Ham where he’s earning a lot more

I’m pretty sure a fine of 2 weeks wages is a mere drop in the ocean for him

And he wasn’t banned he played the very next game after the video came to light

I think Souness was talking a lot of sh*te to be honest. It’s got nothing to do with football. Leave it to the authorities to sort out.

Seen allsorts of incidents over the years look no further than Gazza/Sheryl. Don’t remember anybody saying he should’ve missed the remainder of the season.

Scumbag behaviour but the noise around it is way over the top.

Zouma is an absolute lady's front bottom for doing that.

But he is getting a harder time than Mason Greenwood at the moment.
No he’s not. No one can comment on Greenwood and nor would they due to their being a live police investigation. Completely different scenarios.

I think Souness was talking a lot of sh*te to be honest. It’s got nothing to do with football. Leave it to the authorities to sort out.

Seen allsorts of incidents over the years look no further than Gazza/Sheryl. Don’t remember anybody saying he should’ve missed the remainder of the season.

Scumbag behaviour but the noise around it is way over the top.
let me ask you this - what would you be saying if this was Goldson?

Would you want him playing for Rangers the same day as this instance or arguably ever again?

This isn’t about whether authorities deal with it or get a slap on the wrist, this is a moral issue. He could get fined £10m and people quite rightly be disgusted by the sight of him. I wouldn’t want to share a dressing room with him. Would you be happy to eat lunch in your work with a colleague who had been you knew abuses his helpless cat?

To easy for him to say this from the comfort of not being a manager now. Would be a different story if he had a multi million pound player to deal with.

let me ask you this - what would you be saying if this was Goldson?

Would you want him playing for Rangers the same day as this instance or arguably ever again?

This isn’t about whether authorities deal with it or get a slap on the wrist, this is a moral issue. He could get fined £10m and people quite rightly be disgusted by the sight of him. I wouldn’t want to share a dressing room with him. Would you be happy to eat lunch in your work with a colleague who had been you knew abuses his helpless cat?
I never wanted to sell Gascoigne for hitting his missus.

I dont think I would be that fussed about a cat to be honest. Everyone is different.

To easy for him to say this from the comfort of not being a manager now. Would be a different story if he had a multi million pound player to deal with.
Don’t think it would be. He looks utterly disgusted and wouldn’t have him in the dressing room.

Back