Souness on super sunday

let me ask you this - what would you be saying
let me ask you this - what would you be saying if this was Goldson?

Would you want him playing for Rangers the same day as this instance or arguably ever again?

This isn’t about whether authorities deal with it or get a slap on the wrist, this is a moral issue. He could get fined £10m and people quite rightly be disgusted by the sight of him. I wouldn’t want to share a dressing room with him. Would you be happy to eat lunch in your work with a colleague who had been you knew abuses his helpless cat?

Football fans are fickle.

We all worship Gazza.

As long as players do the business on the pitch a blind eye gets turned to a hell of a lot.

It’s not right but it happens.

Financial punishment is irrelevant he’s a very wealthy young man given his years at Chelsea and now West Ham where he’s earning a lot more

I’m pretty sure a fine of 2 weeks wages is a mere drop in the ocean for him

And he wasn’t banned he played the very next game after the video came to light
It might be a drop in the ocean for him but how much money does he need to be fined to satisfy everyone? I haven't seen if West Ham have said they will be donating the money they fined him but hopefully they do and it would be good if Zouma does more in the future. I agree that West Ham shouldn't have played him when this came out but clubs only care about winning which is why the fa should be doing something about it.

I don't see footballers as role models. What are they role models for? You can't just say to someone "here mate folk look up to you because you're good at football so you better act appropriately." Like any other job, some of them are kunts. Zouma is clearly a kunt.

Kids have wanted to be professional footballers since day dot but that's different from seeing them as someone to model your life on. When I was younger, I ran about pretending to be Gazza. Loved the man. Read about him lifting his hands to Cheryl and, even at 10 or 11, I knew it was wrong. Didn't stop me loving what he was doing on the park.

Same here. No kid brought up the right way is kicking any cats just because some no mark West Ham player did it.

I've kinda digressed a bit from my actual point here tbf.

He is going to be heftily punished for this every time he steps onto a park in front of thousands as well as by the authorities. Is there any need to go on about it so much a week down the line?

He is a kunt who just happens to work as a footballer. He will actually probably get punished more than you or I as we don't go to work in front of 50,000 people who now hate us. Nor would anyone remember if we did it two weeks down the line.

He most certainly isn't getting away with this Scot free. He has brought it on himself and I've no sympathy. But just don't think everything needs to have work related consequences by way of a suspension or that, by not doing so, his manager who gets sacked if his team don't do well, is doing something wrong by playing him.
First bit is nonsense and that’s where this argument falls down bud, because being a footballer isn’t “like any other job”, the local butchers and bakers don’t have teams of kids wanting to be like them or watching them work every week. And no ones asking if you personally look at them as role models, I mean I’m assuming you’re an adult. But kids do, they look up to them and the players know this too. I’ve heard plenty of players say they feel it’s their duty to be a good role model for the children who idolise them.

And by the way, a hefty fine means nothing to footballers with money to burn. I think that’s why people aren’t satisfied with the idea of him paying a fine and snaking off in a bid to forget it ever happened. If I punched my dog and the police fined me £1.50 I wouldn’t be giving much of a shit, because parting with that money isn’t really going to change my life in any real way.

Last edited:
First bit is nonsense and that’s where this argument falls down bud, because being a footballer isn’t “like any other job”, the local butchers and bakers don’t have teams of kids wanting to be like them or watching them work every week. And no ones asking if you personally look at them as role models, I mean I’m assuming you’re an adult. But kids do, they look up to them and the players know this too. I’ve heard plenty of players say they feel it’s their duty to be a good role model for the children who idolise them.

And by the way, a hefty fine means nothing to footballers with money to burn. I think that’s why people aren’t satisfied with the idea of him paying a fine and snaking off in a bid to forget it ever happened. If I punched my dog and the police fined me £1.50 I wouldn’t be giving much of a shit, because parting with that money isn’t really going to change my life in any real way.

First bit isn't nonsense. Footballers arent automatically role models for anyone. There are good role models among them like Rashford and bad ones like Greenwood.

It's the same for the local baker you mention- he or she could be a good role model depending on their actions. Good role models aren't defined by their jobs. They are defined by what they do and how they conduct themselves.

And yes I am an adult and one who works with children from some of the worst areas in the country. I known fine well who they see as role models and why. I've had chats about Greenwood and Zouma in the last few weeks and not a single kid has said anything other than how disgusting these acts were. We also talk about Rashford and guys like that to.

Anyone can be a role model. Just like anyone can be a kunt.

Was Kurt Zouma ever anyone in this country's role model or is it lazy just to say footballers are role models? At what level of football do you become a role model?

Actions are what define people not their job.

And I never mentioned a fine so unsure why you're speaking about the irrelevance of a fine as I fully agree with you that any fine he receives means little to a man of his means.

First bit isn't nonsense. Footballers arent automatically role models for anyone. There are good role models among them like Rashford and bad ones like Greenwood.

It's the same for the local baker you mention- he or she could be a good role model depending on their actions. Good role models aren't defined by their jobs. They are defined by what they do and how they conduct themselves.

And yes I am an adult and one who works with children from some of the worst areas in the country. I known fine well who they see as role models and why. I've had chats about Greenwood and Zouma in the last few weeks and not a single kid has said anything other than how disgusting these acts were. We also talk about Rashford and guys like that to.

Anyone can be a role model. Just like anyone can be a kunt.

Was Kurt Zouma ever anyone in this country's role model or is it lazy just to say footballers are role models? At what level of football do you become a role model?

Actions are what define people not their job.

And I never mentioned a fine so unsure why you're speaking about the irrelevance of a fine as I fully agree with you that any fine he receives means little to a man of his means.
Yeah I remember when I was a kid I’d go up the bakers every week to marvel at his kneading skills and cheer him on, get pictures, my rolling pin signed and all that jazz. You can’t just ignore the fact that they’re in the public eye and millions of children across the world want to be like them. No one is saying a good role model is defined by their job, the point is that far more children will look up to these men as opposed to men with more normal careers. Whether they set a good example or not is up to them.

And to suggest he maybe wasn’t anyone’s role model when there are an army of young West Ham fans is bonkers. You’re deflecting with some of these questions friend, he plays football at the very highest level in a major city for a famous club, so either way he will be a figure who many kids look up to. I’m not sure what job you do with kids that you wouldn’t be aware of this, or that you’d discuss the likes of Greenwood, but I suppose that’s besides the point. I just find it mental that anyone could deny they have a certain responsibility knowing that an army of weans see them as a benchmark for what they’d like to be. In much the same way I wanted to look like McCoist and have his larger than life personality when I was a wean.

About the fine, sorry it was only because you said he’ll have a hefty punishment, when really he’s just been fined and that’s it. I didn’t realise you meant because he’ll get abuse at different grounds, so apologies for that. Although personally I don’t think having songs sung about you is much of a punishment.

Yeah I remember when I was a kid I’d go up the bakers every week to marvel at his kneading skills and cheer him on, get pictures, my rolling pin signed and all that jazz. You can’t just ignore the fact that they’re in the public eye and millions of children across the world want to be like them. No one is saying a good role model is defined by their job, the point is that far more children will look up to these men as opposed to men with more normal careers. Whether they set a good example or not is up to them.

And to suggest he maybe wasn’t anyone’s role model when there are an army of young West Ham fans is bonkers. You’re deflecting with some of these questions friend, he plays football at the very highest level in a major city for a famous club, so either way he will be a figure who many kids look up to. I’m not sure what job you do with kids that you wouldn’t be aware of this, or that you’d discuss the likes of Greenwood, but I suppose that’s besides the point. I just find it mental that anyone could deny they have a certain responsibility knowing that an army of weans see them as a benchmark for what they’d like to be. In much the same way I wanted to look like McCoist and have his larger than life personality when I was a wean.

About the fine, sorry it was only because you said he’ll have a hefty punishment, when really he’s just been fined and that’s it. I didn’t realise you meant because he’ll get abuse at different grounds, so apologies for that. Although personally I don’t think having songs sung about you is much of a punishment.

We can agree to disagree on it. As we both agree he is a kunt.

Just to clarify though- I was making the point that admiring the job or even aspiring to do a job doesn't mean the people in those jobs are role models. The baker down the road could hand in unsold bread to the homeless. Funny example obviously but just to make the point that its deeds and people who make role models not jobs.

They SHOULD remember people are watching their every move but more so from a point of view of them doing the right thing as they are under scrutiny and more likely to have someone with a phone on them or want to bring them down (not the case with Zouma).

I just struggle with anyones job automatically making them a role model. There are some fine role models for youngsters doing jobs that aren't glamourous. There are good and bad people everywhere in all walks of life.

As I say though mate, we both agree he is a lady's front bottom. Just looking at the role model thing differently. Have a nice night.

WW3 about to start - huge backlog of cancer patients due to lockdown etc etc

And grown men wetting their knickers about a dumb animal.

Souness is spot on. He's highlighting the fact that they were enjoying what they were doing. There was about 10 wee smiley faces across the video ffs.

These guys earn more a week than most of us do in a couple years. This should make them aware that they have responsibilities for being a role model, whether they actually want to be one or not.

He is a guy who is VERY lucky to be in a job after his previous behaviour….
Exactly this… I watched this and the irony (maybe hypocrisy) of Jamie carragher slagging West Ham for their stance on this whilst being paid a wage from sky after spitting out his car window at a young lass. He’s a scummy bar steward. On the cat thing, surely he is bringing his company into disrepute and if he wasn’t such an asset he’d be gone from WH.

Zouma is an absolute lady's front bottom for doing that.

But he is getting a harder time than Mason Greenwood at the moment.
Have to say that’s my take too. Mendy and Greenwood are on a different level surely? I’m not in any way condoning what Zouma did but a fine and barred from owning any ‘pet’ whilst in the U.K. is surely enough?

Have to say that’s my take too. Mendy and Greenwood are on a different level surely? I’m not in any way condoning what Zouma did but a fine and barred from owning any ‘pet’ whilst in the U.K. is surely enough?
Criminal proceedings Bob. Press cannot be critical of a guy that is going to be going to trial by looks of it.

Good for Graeme, calling out utter scum behaviour and telling it like it is.
Who would want to be around a guy who would behave like Zouma did?

Can't believe there's people comparing it to what Souness was like as a player. I mean how can hard tackles for sport by two grown men who can defend themselves be compared to what was the enjoyment these men were getting from abusing a little defenceless animal. What else do they enjoy doing to weaker things you have to wonder.

I’m not meaning on super sunday.

In the media the focus is on Zouma.

Greenwood should be getting nailed for what he done.
In the eyes of law, at the moment, Greenwood hasn't done anything wrong.

Of course, once the legal process concludes that may well be different but it would be wrong on many levels to be pre judging it.

WW3 about to start - huge backlog of cancer patients due to lockdown etc etc

And grown men wetting their knickers about a dumb animal.
So get out the thread then and go and post about lockdown or whatever. Though I’m guessing you don’t have an issue with a forum full of grown men wetting their knickers over some football matches? Especially that OF game.

The fact it’s a footballer that did it and this is a football forum obviously has no bearing on the level of discussion. Quality input!

Last edited:
I am also an animal lover but we eat cows and many folk see them as sacred. We eat pork and many see that as unclean. We eat meat and hundred of millions over the world don't. I don't see your point.
Just saying....
A dog's got personality.

We really won't see someone like Souness again on Sky once he retires from punditry. He's old school & says it as he sees it.

The problem is we will see someone pretending to be like Souness when he retires but it will be crap as whoever the pundit is will be pretending rather than believing what he says.

Souness wants blood
Probably got a taste for it in Turkey when they carved up a sheep in front of him on his arrival... Although from the cat kicking reaction we are seeing now, if that had happened today people might have actually died on the spot with uncontrollable outrage.

Bottom line is that Zouma is a prick and hopefully he will naff off at the end of the season, but as a few people have said I'm not clear where the line is where people will ever be happy he has paid his penance.
It does appear on the face of it that cat abuse is far far higher up the outrage list with the media than nonces, drunk driving killers, rapists, racists and drug dealers... All of which can be found in today's football family.

Probably got a taste for it in Turkey when they carved up a sheep in front of him on his arrival... Although from the cat kicking reaction we are seeing now, if that had happened today people might have actually died on the spot with uncontrollable outrage.

Bottom line is that Zouma is a prick and hopefully he will naff off at the end of the season, but as a few people have said I'm not clear where the line is where people will ever be happy he has paid his penance.
It does appear on the face of it that cat abuse is far far higher up the outrage list with the media than nonces, drunk driving killers, rapists, racists and drug dealers... All of which can be found in today's football family.
True but Zouma won’t just naff off, he’s too Valuable

I’d never heard of this piece of filth before this cat incident but I hope he lives to regret this for the rest of his life. I have zero sympathy for any scumbag who wants to abuse a vulnerable animal or person old or young. I hope his life is now a f&cking misery.

So we have a laugh at Rigsby mistreating Vienna? Some perspective here. The player should face the law and be rehabilitated. He should also be allowed his career.

I think Souness was talking a lot of sh*te to be honest. It’s got nothing to do with football. Leave it to the authorities to sort out.

Seen allsorts of incidents over the years look no further than Gazza/Sheryl. Don’t remember anybody saying he should’ve missed the remainder of the season.

Scumbag behaviour but the noise around it is way over the top.
I thought we should have sacked Gazza when it came apparent he was guilty, wonderful footballer but hitting your wife is Red Line for me
Our Club should be bigger than that

I'm sick of hearing this " mistake' patter from certain people and w@nkers in the media.
Standing on your cat by accident in the dark when you get up to go for a pish in the night is a mistake. Vollying the poor creature around the kitchen intentionally, taking joy in it then having someone filming it is not.
Anyone thinking this pr1ck deserves to continue playing is as bad as he is imo. And you can bring up any other situation to try and justify it as much as you like, filth

I am also an animal lover but we eat cows and many folk see them as sacred. We eat pork and many see that as unclean. We eat meat and hundred of millions over the world don't. I don't see your point.
Just saying....
Dogs and cats are a bit different because we have bred them and controlled them. Especially dogs have evolved through "unnatural selection" to be loving, loyal and part of human families. We have responsibility as a species towards domestic animals v wilder ones. And as you say, respect should be shown to all animals, but I think that dogs and cats deserve more because we made them what they are. Also just realised that they are possibly the only members of the animal kingdom that can give themselves a blow-job, and for that alone they deserve some respect.

I thought we should have sacked Gazza when it came apparent he was guilty, wonderful footballer but hitting your wife is Red Line for me
Our Club should be bigger than that
He grabbed her arm in a drunken stupor and was actually found not guilty. He admitted his previous wrongdoing separately in rehab and for him it was very different. She said he had beaten her and Gazza supported her, but he was never proven guilty of anything. Her support for him and his troubles, along with his obvious trouble is partially why Walter put his arms around him.

I am an animal lover and zouma is a dick but Koreans eat dogs openly. Just saying……..
whats wrong with that ? they are bred for food just like we eat chicken sheep and cows etc .. Theres nothing better coming home from a Korean pub pished with a Rottweiler curry.

whats wrong with that ? they are bred for food just like we eat chicken sheep and cows etc .. Theres nothing better coming home from a Korean pub pished with a Rottweiler curry.
This will never sit right with western thinking.
I’m not being critical of Koreans or their culture, just emphasising the difference.

I’m not meaning on super sunday.

In the media the focus is on Zouma.

Greenwood should be getting nailed for what he done.
Greenwood hast be found guilty first, then both barrels can be opened up. Zouma has admitted what he done, and deserves greater punishment than he is getting.

Zouma is an absolute lady's front bottom for doing that.

But he is getting a harder time than Mason Greenwood at the moment.
Nonsense, just because Greenwood's offence is far worse doesn't mean others can't be criticised. Very strange comparing the two.

Back