“Respect the decisions”

If folk can’t see GvB’s comments being for the players benefit not for the fans, that’s twice now he’s publicly telling them to play to the whistle. This is on the board to sort not Gio, Gio can only effect the players inability to play to the whistle

It’s fucking daft tbh.

Ok, don’t get yourself banned, but box smart.

Surely the media man coaches him before he heads out?

Something along the lines of;

I’m sure when Madden watches that back tonight, he’ll admit to two glaring errors that have ultimately cost us the game today. From there, we have to hope for drastic improvement in the closing weeks of the season ahead of VAR coming into our game. The apology won’t return the points, but i’m sure Crawford Allan will reach out all the same…

That reply has as much spine as a jellyfish.

I don’t care if it’s sour grapes. We held talks with the SFA recently, what’s changed since then? Nothing.

We wonder why we don’t get decisions, because unlike the mutants we try to be diplomatic in everything we do, we don’t hound referees on the pitch, we don’t call them out publicly.
We didn't exactly hold talk s. We complained about one of their own, his decision making and lack of consistency. There was always going to be payback, either conscious or unconscious. This is it.

He has to or else sfa ban him so instead he’s saying that .

We can tell a fuller truth , one which he would like to tell but is forbidden from doing

What are you talking about? He would not get banned for simply pointing out that we were denied two penalties. There is clearly a middle ground between what he is doing now and calling the ref a cheat.

We can tell a fuller truth , one which he would like to tell but is forbidden from doing

Why ?

All he has to say is I can’t believe the Officials missed them. That is the truth

To be fair the eagle eyed assistant that missed the pull on Sakala managed to stick his flag up for an offside against Sakala earlier that VAR would’ve had trouble sorting out.

Coming out with ‘dignified’ nonsense such as that does more harm than saying nothing.

Next time a referee has a decision to make he’s got two options:

1. Upset someone who will ‘respect’ the outcome whatever.
2. Face of the wrath of a club and their supporters.

The referee will opt for option one every time.

Gio just seems too nice sometimes as though he doesn't want to offend anyone or say anything that may be construed as controversial. He needs to remember he's the face of Rangers and what he says goes a long wet. He's there to speak up for is not to have other folk think he's a good guy.
Gerrard was not a “nice guy” but used to do the same thing. It could well be club policy for the manager not to openly criticise the officials.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with him saying that. In fact I think its a good response. It's made clear the decisions were wrong and game changing without turning into a ranting lunatic.

Not like he just said we will accept whatever the ref says.
It’s a complicit agreement that the officials are wrong I agree . Let’s be blunt though this isn’t an accidental outcome it’s part of a general program of anti-Rangers corruption and culture in sfa/spl and no Rangers manager can say anything to change that .
The club have to do something different on this it’s going to cost us fortunes .

Ok u could say he could then add context and say look at pittodrie penalty and ye;low card and look at today ?
The shirt pull one on Sakala was double important because that was also a red card . Maybe some words around that were possible but in general the point was made , yet again , the officials failed

I’m actually not sure what people want him to say to be honest

This.

Do people want the Neil Lennon paranoid attitude? Gio to criticize them and get banned? What good will that actually do? Gio going mental isn't going to make the officiating better or bring in VAR tomorrow.

Building a us against them attitude is not what we need. We need to focus on the team and our performances and not try and deflect it and focus on excuses.

Agreed mate, if the manager or the players or the club dares to say what we are all thinking and saying, then they would get absolutely hammered by the SFA or the SPhell. That is why they are saying nothing, but it doesnt change the fact that as long as we have awful officiating and no VAR then we are playing with a handicap.

Gerrard was not a “nice guy” but used to do the same thing. It could well be club policy for the manager not to openly criticise the officials.
Gerrard was a hell of a lot more forthcoming than Gio when it came to decisions he didn't agree with.

i would rather Gio went to town on them and spent the rest of the season in the stand, at least it would get coverage then. Or on second thoughts get one of his backroom staff to give the interview and we can all chip in for the fines.

Coming out with ‘dignified’ nonsense such as that does more harm than saying nothing.

Next time a referee has a decision to make he’s got two options:

1. Upset someone who will ‘respect’ the outcome whatever.
2. Face of the wrath of a club and their supporters.

The referee will opt for option one every time.
This for me, I don’t care what you have to do to to win, get decisions, get one up on your opponent, Do everything in your power to get the decisions and win.

Nobody criticised Ferguson for it, an absolute master at it. Did he care? Did he f, who cares what the outside think if its sour grapes or whatever, the only thing that matters is that you lift that trophy. Absolutely sick of the gutlessness of the club, even arfield, he should have been screaming, down holding his ankle from that “tackle” from Mulgrew, too nice and it gets you nowhere. Scunnered.

Just listened to GVB on Rangers TV. Comments about the penalties were really uncomfortable listening, borderline cringeworthy stuff and totally naive not to call these decisions out

It’s up to the board to go after these fuckers, they’re the ones who have been here over the entirety of the last few years to see it all, they’ve seen the intimidation of referees, the dodgy Dundee votes, the manipulation of fixtures etc etc. If Gio steps out of line in a post match interview it’ll only mean he watches the next few games from the stands. But as poor as we’ve been, the likes of Clancy and Madden have indubitably had a huge influence on swinging this title race in their favour.

Forget about VAR Gio, don’t mention it as it’s not a thing here. Just call out the incompetent officials, that’s all you need to do. The linesman should have seen the Sakala pull back even if Madden didn’t.

Why ?

All he has to say is I can’t believe the Officials missed them. That is the truth

To be fair the eagle eyed assistant that missed the pull on Sakala managed to stick his flag up for an offside against Sakala earlier that VAR would’ve had trouble sorting out.
The same marginal offsides which have benefited Celtic in recent weeks to get them over the line.

The interviewer was a f*cking clown choking to get Gio to say something out of line and you could tell he was raging with him constantly pressing him on it.

It’s the boards job to deal with this and we have lost that war already, if that’s them today, there’s statements, players saying it, maybe even their manager never mind the mentally challengeds in the media a week long of how it went against them.

We have only got Boydy backing us up and even he is bound to what he can say because his employers.

On Rangers' two penalty claims, Van Bronckhorst adds: "VAR will make it easier. These decisions that can be turning points, they can change the game, but there's no VAR, so end of discussion.

"What can we do? There is no VAR. Every decision that the referee will make, it cannot be overturned, so we have to respect the decision he makes."

While I agree there’s not a great deal to be done once the games finished, do we really need to respect the decisions the ref makes? Especially when it’s a common theme. Could of at least mentioned the separate incidents that were the turning points. That would be a start. Point out where the ref went wrong
I think he's right, what can he do?? Games done, and what will those mutants at the sfa and spl going to do if we complain? Nothing is the answer, they only get involved when their beloved bheasts require assistance!

Can he really go to the press and start shouting about VAR.

Could the SFA come down on him?

It’s easy for us to shout about it on here.

Well Board members need to do it, or we put a few big name ex-players on a retainer and reel in some journos and non-reptile pundits too. They cvnts have their fingers in every fvckin pie out there and it's blatantly obvious if you watch, listen or read any of the media that passes for such up here.

On Rangers' two penalty claims, Van Bronckhorst adds: "VAR will make it easier. These decisions that can be turning points, they can change the game, but there's no VAR, so end of discussion.

"What can we do? There is no VAR. Every decision that the referee will make, it cannot be overturned, so we have to respect the decision he makes."

While I agree there’s not a great deal to be done once the games finished, do we really need to respect the decisions the ref makes? Especially when it’s a common theme. Could of at least mentioned the separate incidents that were the turning points. That would be a start. Point out where the ref went wrong

In my opinion and in my experience, once you start to blame the officials, players start not to look at themselves but become convinced that it was the officials fault they lost that game and not their own fault, it’s like a passing of the responsibility for losing the game.

In reality we should have won that game and most other games without relying on officials.

For the record Bobby Madden was shocking and missed 2 stonewallers.

The rhats didn’t respect the ref when they played Dundee Utd when treacle teeth went for the throat and then caused a referees strike while we sat and twiddle our thumbs and say nothing

If ever an interview probably summed up our club when it comes to the fight on being cheated then that’s probably it.

He had no problem with the cheats bringing forward the winter break either.

Maybe he needs to learn fast because at this rate its a dignified but flimsy title defence.
He doesn’t get it.
This way.

Where he comes from, there are referring mistakes.
Honest referring mistakes.
Plus there are better referees.

Gio was here last, as a player.
20 years ago.

So much has changed, and he doesn’t understand, and probably …never will.

The club really is pathetic with stuff like this, granted Gio can't come out and call it what it is, but as others said, make the point the smart way.

If posters on here can compare stats showing the huge difference with how we are dealt with compared to others, the club can too.

You would think with what is on the table for this years winners that the club would be all over this, but no, the usual cowardice and silence is the output.

In my opinion and in my experience, once you start to blame the officials, players start not to look at themselves but become convinced that it was the officials fault they lost that game and not their own fault, it’s like a passing of the responsibility for losing the game.

In reality we should have won that game and most other games without relying on officials.

We shouldnt be looking to "blame the officials" but neither should we be accepting officials who are rotten.

This is the correct answer.

Scottish officiating has always been poor, it's no worse now than it was 5, 10, 20 years ago. Us jumping and shouting about it won't change anything, we just need to push for VAR and focus on ourself.

The fact 2 major decisions went against us on Thursday (only to be corrected by VAR) shows officiating isn't great across the board. There is zero benefit of pushing some conspiracy narrative.

The thing is, for the 1st one today, the guy tried to take his arm away, even though the ball came from quite a distance.
I have sympathy with that not being given, my question is, why was Morelios punished at Pittodrie? He tried to get his arm away and the ball came very quickly at him from quite a distance, if both shouts are not given = consistency, I am OK with that, we have 2 more points.
2nd half pull on Sakala, not only is it a penalty, it is denying a goal scoring opportunity while not attempting to play the ball, they are down to 10 men, irrespective of whether we score the pen or not, their tactic 2nd half is to throw as many men in front of the ball as possible, with 1 player less, we would have more room and we would definitely score at least 3 in the last 20 - 30 mins in my opinion. That is another 2 points gained, bad refereeing decisions have put us probably 3 points behind, whereas we should be probably 1 point in front at the end of today.
The club should be calling this out publicly.

The thing is, for the 1st one today, the guy tried to take his arm away, even though the ball came from quite a distance.
I have sympathy with that not being given, my question is, why was Morelios punished at Pittodrie? He tried to get his arm away and the ball came very quickly at him from quite a distance, if both shouts are not given = consistency, I am OK with that, we have 2 more points.
2nd half pull on Sakala, not only is it a penalty, it is denying a goal scoring opportunity while not attempting to play the ball, they are down to 10 men, irrespective of whether we score the pen or not, their tactic 2nd half is to throw as many men in front of the ball as possible, with 1 player less, we would have more room and we would definitely score at least 3 in the last 20 - 30 mins in my opinion. That is another 2 points gained, bad refereeing decisions have put us probably 3 points behind, whereas we should be probably 1 point in front at the end of today.
The club should be calling this out publicly.

To be fair the EPL has VAR and they talk about the consistency of hand balls every single week.

Gio is in a difficult position if he goes off on the ref the SFA will probably ban him from the dugout for several games and that helps no one.

It's our board who should be calling this kind of thing out.

The boards complete and utter weakness in saying nothing after the yahoo agm then allowing the season to be rearranged probably means we'll sit around and do nothing as usual.

We shouldnt be looking to "blame the officials" but neither should we be accepting officials who are rotten.

I get you, in my opinion it should be the club who raise their concerns behind closed doors.

I would be concerned that if Gio does it in public, as it almost gives the players a way out as if the officials are in control of us winning the title and they are not. It’s a card you can play now and again to take the heat off the players and protect them, but it can send out the wrong message to them IMO.

Back