Balogun at full time

PaulS1988

Looked to be holding his hamstring at full time, I know he needs his minutes managed so do we stick big Helander in on Saturday despite lack of games?

We really should have spent the money and got Souter rather than spending what little money we had on sands who’s nowhere near first team quality, dialo who’s basically a youth team player and worst of the lot Ramsay who’s played just over 90 mins since he signed.
I agree with everything except Sands. He's barely in the door & not really been given a chance. From what little we have seen of him he he hasn't done much wrong. A similar situation with the keepers IMO.

I still cannot see us not winning the title this year, but who knows, its the heavy injury list and lack of depth on the bench that might be the tipping point either way.

Gawd I still look at that last minute (victory to) draw with Hearts as vitally important

We need big Fil and Leon to get and stay fit as both wont be able to play every game. Hopefully in remaining games this season they can both make an impact.

We really should have spent the money and got Souter rather than spending what little money we had on sands who’s nowhere near first team quality, dialo who’s basically a youth team player and worst of the lot Ramsay who’s played just over 90 mins since he signed.

It wasnt about the fee now

Hearts were insisting on a sell on clause. Why would we do that? Could have ended up costing us millions depending on how much the wanted

Helander isn't fit though.
3 years he’s been here and he’s averaged 11 league games a season. 11.

Goldson and Balogun out of contract. Simpson probably back to college. Katic doesn’t have a future here. And I’d also argue Helander needs moving on before seeing out the last 12 months of his deal on the treatment table.

We need 3 centre halves. In addition to Souttar.

We need him fit for Saturday and the run in.

Then, come the summer we move him on (he’s out of contract). We cannot continue with the long list of injury prone players we have in our squad.

Goldson and Balogun out of contract. Simpson probably back to college. Katic doesn’t have a future here. And I’d also argue Helander needs moving on before seeing out the last 12 months of his deal on the treatment table.

signing souttar still worries me.

Agree with this. Helander the best centre back in Scotland for me but not any use when u get about 15 games a season.

If he’s out injured again that should be it for him at Rangers we need reliable players for next season.

Hopefully Jack and Helander will have passed the Covid test and be in the team Saturday along with Sakala or Roofe.

I thought he was the best player on the park last night.

But under no circumstances would I be handing him a new deal.

He can genuinely only play 1 or 2 games before getting injured. Makes Kemal Roofe look Robust

He played last night as a player who was asked to commit for the team but was no where near ready. Playing with an injury doesn't always work, will be surprised to see him at the weekend.

Most of the players will be running on empty, playing twice a week without a break. This is why we have a squad. If the squad isn't good enough it was the managers duty to go to Ross Wilson and tell him and Wilson's job to improve it. Both looked to have dropped the ball monumentally

Hope not. I thought Balogun was very good last night. Didn't have much to do but anytime they ventured forward he sniffed it out at source and his distribution was decent considering the conditions.
Agreed, he provides a calmness for Goldson too allowing him to concentrate on his own game

If only balogun could stay fit

He looked fucked around the 70 minute mark when he was trying to chase one of their players back towards our box. A heavy pitch and a lack of game time probably the contributing factor but Gio seems determined to run the players into the ground regardless.

Hopefully Helander has recovered from COVID and can slot back in on Saturday if Balogun is struggling.

Hope not. I thought Balogun was very good last night. Didn't have much to do but anytime they ventured forward he sniffed it out at source and his distribution was decent considering the conditions.

He was his usual self, I felt. Had all the good moments you point out but his positioning at times was wild. He's a good player picked up on a Bosman to help the squad.

He's absolutely not someone we can consider to be a permanent 1st team regular. That's not on him though...that's down to a complete lack of (good) planning from Ross Wilson.

The Simpson and Edmundson experiements are part of the reason we're on a very fine line when it comes to the centre of defence.

Most of the players will be running on empty, playing twice a week without a break. This is why we have a squad. If the squad isn't good enough it was the managers duty to go to Ross Wilson and tell him and Wilson's job to improve it. Both looked to have dropped the ball monumentally

I think the squad is good enough we just aren't using it.

Players sitting in the bench not getting game time are going stale and players playing 90 mins after 90mins are running on empty. it's a dangerous game to play.

I realise Man City's squad is far superior but look at how Pep rotates his squad, has his players all firing and ready to step in when selected.

Roofe, Sakala, Kamara, Davis are all as good as anyone else in the squad, there is no dip in quality when they're utilised. Lowry and King are ready to walk into the first team as much as Patterson was.

Wright's been hit and miss but he can do a job against St J or Motherwell ffs. A better job than players who've been running themselves into the ground.

I'd love to know what the plan is here. Is Gio just going to hope these 12-14 favourites will do the business until the end of the season or is there a masterplan that he'll transition the team in the coming weeks so there's up to 6 different players in the regular starting 11 come the final weeks of the season?

Helander was starring for club and country motm against Spain and being touted for a prem side. Let's not cast him aside just yet

Helander was starring for club and country motm against Spain and being touted for a prem side. Let's not cast him aside just yet

When? He was on the bench in the Euros, as some no mark from China played.

I like Helander. But he has been here 3 years and played 33 games. If 3 years isn’t enough, when does “just yet” pass?

Last edited:
Back