MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Receive the ball centrally in the opposition half? In loads of space? No one on you? are you a midfielder? Options: Pass it back or pass it back :mad:

Woefully underwhelming. Ball going back more than forward. Shooting awful. Not a sniff from corners. Aberdeen playing like demons, tackling ferociously, doubling up on our forwards (all of them) - they really do cheat their fans in 11 games out of 12.
Our players are also cheating our fans.
Look at how they played against Dortmund.

Paid for it and can't get it. Fecking raging. This laptop is going to get launched. Feeling crap enough as it is.

Thanks anyway VB. Appreciated. Enjoy the game.
Are you trying to access via the 'substitute' website or the regular RangersTV website? If you are in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland - and don't have a VPN - then you should be on the 'substitute' website. If you are in England then the only way to get it is using a VPN.

If you have a VPN - and it seems you do - do the following:

If using a VPN and trying to purchase the game if you get redirected to the new website then try clearing cache/cookies, closing down your browser and then opening your browser and trying again on the real RangersTV website. If 'overseas' you should be nowhere near the new website. One quirk though, you need to click on the gold Subscribe button on the white menu bar at the bottom of the screen and not the Subscribe button next to the game. If it doesn't appear keep clearing cache/cookies until it does.

1 min added but Gallacher alone spent 3 mins down between fouls Alfie and doing his laces

Joke of a performance so far from us

And I can’t stand that wee wank mcrorrie either
Yes, wait till I tie my laces referee, you don't need var to help you with these 2 incidents you useless wet wipe beaton

It wasn't a good first half, not enough attacking. Don't think overall the team are that bad but there is a severe lack of urgency. I don't think Gio is capable of setting up a quick moving team and his tactics are boring. He does need to change things in the 2nd half but I doubt he will.

I do think the players and the manager either don't get the urgency and need to win today or the fact we're doing the 150 year celebrations. They say they do but I don't actually think they give two hoots on that.

Need to come out fired up and go for a win as it's looking very grim for Gio as manager.

If Ramsey is anywhere near fit then bring him on for Sakala and move Aribo into the front three.

Nothing against Sakala but he’s not been great so far

Goldson and Bassey playing so deep is setting the tempo, or not.

Kamara and Jack in the midfield just doesn't work.

What must Roofe do to get a start in this side?

I know its angeball stuff, but we need to go all guns blazing for the first 15 mins to try and get the first goal. This will now make it a turgid 2nd half with dolly doing as much time wasting as possible.

Sakala is a pest but he literally just runs fast and then hits the ball as hard as he can when he can’t run any further. Never looks like he has any idea what he’s trying to do.

Alfie is showing signs of having carried the weight of this team for too long. Likewise Aribo. He’s had far too much this season already and looks burnt out.

There needs to be some tactical changes at HT.

A few things happening for me:

- Playing with 2 wingers.

This is far too easy to defend against & making passing through the midfield difficult. Our centre halves and/or midfielder (normally Jack) don't have a passing option on the ball. It doesn't work & never will in the SPL. I've always held this view & warned about Gio's love of it. It doesn't work & we need Kent or Sakala to play inside closer to Morelos

- Midfield shape / balance.

Too much gap between midfield & attack but think point 1 would help out. Anyway Lundstrum on at HT for Kamara to get more control for a start

- McGregor distribution

Maybe more minor but its affecting passing options at the start of a move.

Sakala is a kick and run player who is permanently offside. Baffling signing.
He isn't a baffling signing. We need to take cheap punts and younger players that do well in Belgium are a good place to start. There are so many players that come through that league with great potential. He has offered much more this season than more senior players to be honest.

Barisic and Jack showing some balls questioning Beaton, Tav pulls them away. He should've pulled them away and said you'll speak to me because I'm the captain and questioned him himself.
Just about to post that, our captain's not interested. Can say enough to him not to get booked. The whole team should be round Beaton and Gio should be asking him to protect our players. Surprises me that the crowd down give him shxt either. Back in the day he's be getting a few choruses of you're a bastard, you're a bastard, you're a bastard referee.

I'm not going to slate any individual, so far the whole team has been shite - tempo needs to be increased a fucking lot!

GvB hopefully sees that for as poor as it was and makes changes at halftime, we aren't breaking them down if we don't change it.
Some of these players are dead on their feet. If Gio would start using subs, the tempo could be upped

Were I the manager I would institute a system of fines for players who play a pass backward when a forward pass is on. Tavernier would be first for playing a free kick from halfway inside their half backward, that ended up at the goalkeeper, rather than toward their box.

Gio’s teams are just so meh to watch, so boring. McGregor has missed a rangers player for every kick out what feels like most times, man cannot kick football, get him out the team. Don’t even know what we’re attempting to do, there’s no plan on that park what so ever.

Alfie coming too deep to get involved, Jack and Kamara is one sitting midfielder too many. Dont think anyone is playing that bad, just no one is playing great. Aribo losing it a lot, but only needs them to miss one tackle and he's away. Kamara in the same passage of play looks like Zindane and Sunday league simultaneously. Sakala has played well, but not getting ball a lot, takes up space Tav is wanting. Kent, similar to Sakala, not getting ball in position to run at defence.

Would take Kamara off, for either Lundstram or Ramsey.

If subs made at half time can see us winning by a few as they will tire soon, chased everything and doubling up first half.

A few pretty poor performers out there for us today.
However, imo Borna's having a good game.

The tactics of passing backwards are best encapsulated by what happened on about 35 minutes -- we had the ball, and a few numbers up front and nearby, just over the halfway line.
It gets passed back and we're probably lucky that it just ended with us conceding a corner.

The passing back from strong positions on the pitch, and even from that Tav free kick, are infuriating.

There's a point to retaining possession, but there's also a point to trying to take advantage of where you are and your own strengths.
What those strengths are today, I'm not sure.

If our performances don’t start improving by at least another 20-30% we can say goodbye to the league this season. Our performances get worse game by game.

It wasn't a good first half, not enough attacking. Don't think overall the team are that bad but there is a severe lack of urgency. I don't think Gio is capable of setting up a quick moving team and his tactics are boring. He does need to change things in the 2nd half but I doubt he will.

I do think the players and the manager either don't get the urgency and need to win today or the fact we're doing the 150 year celebrations. They say they do but I don't actually think they give two hoots on that.

Need to come out fired up and go for a win as it's looking very grim for Gio as manager.
The swing from xmas is so bad I think we need to remove him if we don't win today. I fear he has lost the dressing room

Gio shaking his head at time wasting.
Most of it is our own fucking players. Plod, plod, plod backwards, sideways, backwards. First thought is backwards, aimless possession is not good possession.

0 shots in target is fine cause we had 40 shots against Dundee Utd or something. B-D

The burying of heads amongst some supporters on here the last few days has been deeply concerning.

Which is fine do what you want but don't be calling everyone stupid, miserable and terrible Rangers supporters for discussing their concerns.

Weirdly enough I hadn't seen these posters before and haven't seen them since, take from that what you will.

That was dreadful, we have no shape, no one bursting forward, kamara hiding, Aribo utter shite since January, and a manager who hasn't got a fucking clue.

We have no chance of winning anything this season.

This is dire. Aberdeen look better again thru simple effort. We need Roofe Ramsay Balogun and Lundstram on now. Fresh legs and tactics. If we don't this finishes 0-0, 0 -1. I've had enough of Gio already.

Jack and Lundstram is the best the midfield has looked under Gio. Run the risk of running them into the ground if you play them the rest of the season but i'm struggling to watch Kamara slow everything down and when he tries to play a forward ball hitting it right at a Sheep player. Get Lundstram or Ramsey on from the start of the 2nd half.
Lundstram has been poor for weeks, needs thus rest like Arfield

Back