World Cup Break November Old Firm in Sydney Confirmed - Reports: Now In Doubt

Should Rangers play them in Australia? Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 145 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 2,407 94.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't want it or agree with it either, but some of the replies are cringeworthy
Do you think we should boycott Parkhead? or does that not suit the narrative
Surely by buying tickets for Parkhead is funding Celtic

Yes i am more than happy to never set foot in there again and have been vocal about that and not to have them anywhere near Ibrox, and I would more than likely get a ticket through mygers so whats your point?

as usual you are trying to assume things about the support you just think up, its boring

I'm off, I'll leave you all to it

good

Current Position? I have always had the same position
Do you seriously think boycotting a sports shop made Ashley walk away?
The only thing boycotting ST done was put our Club, Stadium, and training ground
At the risk of Ashley giving us another loan and owning the lot, if it wasn't for Dave King coming up with 5m, Ashley would have owned us lock stock and barrel
Dave King is on record about the benefit of the supports boycott of SD. Ask him.
The board are digging a big hole for themselves and appear to want to ride it out. This, in itself, makes me think they aren't really up to the job of looking after the best interests of the club.

Yes i am more than happy to never set foot in there again and have been vocal about that and not to have them anywhere near Ibrox, and I would more than likely get a ticket through mygers so whats your point?

as usual you are trying to assume things about the support you just think up, its boring

good
I never mentioned you, I asked do you think our support should boycott Parkhead
Your second reply is childish but nonetheless, i'm off

Last edited:
Dave King is on record about the benefit of the supports boycott of SD. Ask him.
The board are digging a big hole for themselves and appear to want to ride it out. This, in itself, makes me think they aren't really up to the job of looking after the best interests of the club.
I dealt with Dave more than most, he is very good at soundbites

Group stage Champions League football for starters mate, which the board seemingly gambled with last summer window and this January.
They gambled or we simply didn’t have enough money given the covid losses and deferred payments? Spending money you don’t have is gambling.

The apathy that’s now visible with our support is sickening. I’m starting to think it is actually a minority that are dead against it and the rest don’t care

Agree, along with some voices in the support you thought might go to bat a bit but don't seem to want to rock the boat.

Losing battle here too many motivated by one thing £ and I dont just mean the club

Ok, I don't like this game either but for me here's the pragmatic bit.

It is purely commercial and gains us £3m+ and markets us in Australia and gives our Australian fans, if they wish, the opportunity to actually attend a Rangers match.

We don't go, Celtic go anyway, gain a match fee and an exclusive marketing opportunity in Australia.

After years of being hamstrung by shysters and corporate rapists with bad intent we require all the revenue we can get. Is there an alternative with similar benefits, if so, I've not heard of it.

If this choice, as unpalatable as it is, goes towards improving starting eleven on the pitch is it all bad? Or do we just allow Celtic to gain the financial advantage and they alone improve their squad?

The match itself, whatever the outcome, will be quickly forgotten by most and I'm not convinced that after all we've been through if trying to withhold financial support from our board/club is in a sensible option.
It won’t be forgotten, tv deals will gradually decrease even more as now the old firm isn’t even a selling point as a fierce rivalry.

The apathy that’s now visible with our support is sickening. I’m starting to think it is actually a minority that are dead against it and the rest don’t care

Not a chance mate.
Just seen this on YouTube, press conference/ launch

Don't shoot the messenger

Watched that until the love in started. I hoped one of our disgraceful board members may have been able to give any other explanation to the support. Seen as they are unwilling to do so now.

I said this previously it’s not the rangers way to be against something , weird mindset but it seem to be a way a lot of guys go. Just accept everything from those in charge and don’t protest or anything because that’s the Celtic way

I know this is a slightly irrelevant thing to say as it's done now but the game should never have been entertained in the first place. You have to assume the Old Firm game is the star attraction of this tournament and what is generating most of the money. Would Celtic really be getting a massive financial advantage over us if they were just going off to Australia for a couple of games against some A League jobbers? I doubt they would.

We could have explored any other avenues of friendlies we could have played in this time, maybe against other big European clubs.

I'm all for being pragmatic where the marketing side of the club is concerned but this is a step too far.
If we had another similar offer I would have hoped the board would have taken that and not entertained this game.

Presumably Bisgrove and the board don't see anything offering the same guarantees.

If we had lots of money sitting in the bank, or a guarantee of ECL qualification I would have hoped they would have declined.

This will run on, no doubt, it will be pursued aggressively next AGM.

I expect the Bisgrove /directors will answer in the fashion that we must be self sustainable going forward and that in addition to supporters revenues, directors loans, converted to shares, first kept the lights on and then made us competitive again to such an extent we won the, league and now appear in top 40 in Europe from nowhere 4 years ago.

Likely after supporters leaving the board in no uncertain terms regarding their feelings a guarantee that it won't be entertained again will be given and most will soon forget, if not forgive this episode.

you were banging on about suiting narratives haha

Its clear the only ones trying to set a narrative are those close to the club in one way or another its really not hard to see

The Club is very close to my heart and has been for 56 years
I would never boycott Rangers and I think our Board are doing a great job, I am sure people think they know me and there is something underhand about my opinion
There is not, it's what I believe whether other people like it or not
For the few posters who are saying change the Directors, who would come in, put their money in and do a better job?

I would never boycott Rangers and I think our Board are doing a great job, I am sure people think they know me and there is something underhand about my opinion
For the few posters who are saying change the Directors, who would come in, put their money in and do a better job?
I don’t agree with your views on a range of things but that post is spot on. Easy for folk to criticise those that have put huge sums of their money and time into resurrecting the club.

There aren’t queues of investors to take their place.

Ah I see now it is split into halves of the stadium with neutral seats around the half way line..
For those asking why we don't do this at Ibrox, the revenue on offer is not remotely comparable.

The state governments in Australia put down big money to attract major events because of the economic impact it would bring their state.

Post-COVID, the Govts need to invest to get tourism numbers up and this is one way to do it.

For example, back in 2013, Liverpool got about 10m quid to play a game in Melbourne. This wasn't TV or sponsor money, this was the State of Victoria paying this.

What the state government gets is thousands of people flying in, staying in Melbourne for 2-3 days, staying in hotels, having dinner, drinking beer and spending a load of cash that stimulates the local economy (as well as 100,000 people at a football match).

This is worth in the 10's of millions to the city.

We couldn't hope to generate anywhere near what we're getting for this by doing our own thing. And as much as it'll turn into an Ange show, in this instance we benefit off the back of his presence.

I'm not saying this justifies it or makes it the right thing to do but hopefully it provides some backgrond.
I wonder how the ratepayers of New South Wales will feel when they find out their money is funding Scotlands answer to Penn State and their tag a longs,they know nothing of the 22-28 person class action for CSA and their sordid 55 year history of covering it up yet.

The same way you thought you knew me with your thoughts which weren't correct and all I know you for is running a pub thats it, wasn't for a second talking about you, I do not think your thoughts will sway many fans opinions

You also cant just keep saying what about this etc to every post just because they are the board doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable to us the backbone of the club.

You are allowed to be critical and ask questions.

Got to say that I completely disagree with the notion that because the current Board have put up plenty of their own money it gives them the right to totally ignore the support and not engage with fans whatsoever.

I’m grateful for the work they have done and I think initially they did an excellent job. Making a lot of mistakes recently though and the support, who put so much of their own hard earned cash in, are entitled to expect more of them and voice that.

Bisgrove’s interview was a joke and the fact we have Rangers men on the Board who have done nothing to follow up that interview is very annoying.

Last edited:
The same way you thought you knew me with your thoughts which weren't correct and all I know you for is running a pub thats it, wasn't for a second talking about you, I do not think your thoughts will sway many fans opinions

You also cant just keep saying what about this etc to every post just because they are the board doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable to us the backbone of the club.

You are allowed to be critical and ask questions.
Of course, you are, it's healthy to have an opinion' Did you say that you would support a boycott of Parkhead?
They are just my opinions, I'm not trying to influence anyone's opinion

Got to say that I completely disagree with the notion that because the current Board have put up plenty of their own money it gives them the right to totally ignore the support and not engage with fans whatsoever.

I’m grateful for the work they have done and I think initially they done an excellent job. Making a lot of mistakes recently and the support, who put so much of their own hard earned cash in, are entitled to expect more of them and voice that.

Bisgrove’s interview was a joke and the fact we have Rangers men on the Board who have done nothing to follow up that interview is very annoying.
Does anyone on here who run their own business ask their staff what to do, or do they make all the decisions

I’ll be going. I don’t let other folk, especially people online tell me what I can and can’t do.

If Rangers were playing Dundee or Inverness I’d go too so I could see my team play in Australia.

I think that’s a disgusting attitude and you’re not the only one to be fair.

Call me an enabler or scab or turncoat - whatever - it won’t change anything.

I totally respect fans being annoyed at the game and refusing to go, especially the locals

I just wish this much energy was put to better use elsewhere such as holding the board, management and players to account for letting a 6 point lead turn into a 3 point deficit in the league.
Wait, haven’t you said previously that you don’t get why people want to go to Parkhead for league games against them?

I’ll be going. I don’t let other folk, especially people online tell me what I can and can’t do.

If Rangers were playing Dundee or Inverness I’d go too so I could see my team play in Australia.

I think that’s a disgusting attitude and you’re not the only one to be fair.

Call me an enabler or scab or turncoat - whatever - it won’t change anything.

I totally respect fans being annoyed at the game and refusing to go, especially the locals

I just wish this much energy was put to better use elsewhere such as holding the board, management and players to account for letting a 6 point lead turn into a 3 point deficit in the league.
Same attitude that destroyed the boycott of Dundee United.

Back