World Cup Break November Old Firm in Sydney Confirmed - Reports: Now In Doubt

Should Rangers play them in Australia? Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 145 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 2,407 94.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Rangers board are between a rock and a hard place here. We were cast into the wilderness for 4 years. During that time Celtic were gifted 12 domestic trophies and free access to Europe. While we were grubbing around the countryside, they were raking in revenue and filling up their biscuit tin.

The game is dominated by money., and results are directly tied to that.

We make demands on the board that are results focused.

I'm guessing the ''under pressure'' board did not expect a bad reaction from joining a lucrative kickabout in OZ.

They know better now, for the future. We have made our point.

There's a long way to catch up moneywise, and building a team from scratch without the benefits of sustained continuity has been painful.

I don't know of any club that could have come back from the dead like we have, with no help, and in the face of deep and malicious meddling by others.

Now we need to get behind the team, this year (almost) more than ever.

It's a pill, I know, but there will be penaties to pay for breaking the contract, better we go and smash them on aggregate.
if Scottish football was capped at all levels....Our exit from top flight should of seen the questioning of Celtic's dominance

The Rangers board are between a rock and a hard place here. We were cast into the wilderness for 4 years. During that time Celtic were gifted 12 domestic trophies and free access to Europe. While we were grubbing around the countryside, they were raking in revenue and filling up their biscuit tin.

I'm guessing the ''under pressure'' board did not expect a bad reaction from joining a lucrative kickabout in OZ.

There's a long way to catch up moneywise, and building a team from scratch without the benefits of sustained continuity has been painful.

I don't know of any club that could have come back from the dead like we have, with no help, and in the face of deep and malicious meddling by others.

It's a pill, I know, but there will be penaties to pay for breaking the contract, better we go and smash them on aggregate.
The penalties will be worse should they follow this through.

And they penalties will come from us, the fans who pump millions in every year.

Said it before
The board are obviously trying to ride this out ,as their silence is deafening on it . there should be an official statement on this ,even if they are doubling down and not listening to the fan base of this fiasco there should be something said .

If things don't go our way in April the pressure on them to pull out of this nonsense will be huge from the fans and going to cause some amount of acrimony .

as for Stewart Robertson ,a nice guy a rangers man etc ,he just doesn't strike me as being tough enough to be Rangers MD in the climate we are in as a club where it's open season on us and has been for years.
he seems the sort of guy you would want showing people round the new museum in Edmiston House and the like

It really is pretty shocking that the club haven't released any further statement on the matter, even if its to say that we are going ahead with it despite the protests- clearly trying to ride it out. Perhaps some negotiations going on in the background to try and pull out but I still do feel this may be unlikely.

Why didn’t they know better? They could have asked any rangers fan of any level of intelligence or sobriety state and we could easily have heard the right answer.

As for the knowing better in future and us having made our point? I don’t agree with that. Why? Because they haven’t uttered a single word. So that’s not knowing better. They are compounding a massive mistake, with another.

This is my perception too (I was at the friendlies in Toronto and Ottawa). The game has moved on to a point where people in North America and Asia will pay stupid ticket prices to go and see the European Superleague clubs play friendlies but little or no interest in anyone else.

I genuinely don't think this game is as big a draw as people seem to be making out. I would be shocked if it came anywhere near selling out the Olympic stadium.

The Daily Express are reporting the game is closing in on an 85,000 sell out. A year in advance for two teams that are realtively small by comparison? I find that hard to believe. Are tickets even on sale?
It’s almost sold out according to my brother in Sydney.

$160 a ticket.

Why didn’t they know better? They could have asked any rangers fan of any level of intelligence or sobriety state and we could easily have heard the right answer.

As for the knowing better in future and us having made our point? I don’t agree with that. Why? Because they haven’t uttered a single word. So that’s not knowing better. They are compounding a massive mistake, with another.
They knew fine well, you think David Graham or the likes would have made it abundantly clear the reaction?

They knew fine well, they just didn't care as they thought it would all just blow over and they could bank the cash.

Said it before
The board are obviously trying to ride this out ,as their silence is deafening on it . there should be an official statement on this ,even if they are doubling down and not listening to the fan base of this fiasco there should be something said .

If things don't go our way in April the pressure on them to pull out of this nonsense will be huge from the fans and going to cause some amount of acrimony .

as for Stewart Robertson ,a nice guy a rangers man etc ,he just doesn't strike me as being tough enough to be Rangers MD in the climate we are in as a club where it's open season on us and has been for years.
he seems the sort of guy you would want showing people round the new museum in Edmiston House and the like
Should have been out the door for his part with the Pedro Caixinha disaster along with Park's son.

I think his appointment at the time was ok but as we have progressed he should have been replaced with a no nonsense chief executive someone who is good with the media you'll get the usual well he does the day job well for me that's not enough when you on a big salary and a high profile position at our club.

He needs to go.

Back