World Cup Break November Old Firm in Sydney Confirmed - Reports: Now In Doubt

Should Rangers play them in Australia? Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 145 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 2,407 94.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The club are bargaining on it all going away and that people will get over it. That's why there's radio silence about it. Plus if we get deeper into the Europa they'll think along those lines even more.
The board have another thing coming if they think we are just going slowly forget about this and just move on.

Absolutely no chance of us letting them get away with this.

We will ensure cancellation.

One thing that nobody has mentioned, forget all the other shit, I dont want the team travelling to australia mid season. Even if we do have a long break. Training camp somewhere warm, but not that far.

Bisgrove is not a Rangers fan but surely when he took this idiotic proposal to the board the Rangers supporters on the board should have knocked it on the head. Now we face trying to extricate ourselves from an entire avoidable situation. Board showing a serious disconnect to the fans if they ever thought this was a good idea.

One thing that nobody has mentioned, forget all the other shit, I dont want the team travelling to australia mid season. Even if we do have a long break. Training camp somewhere warm, but not that far.
This. The board have said it’s a great time to use 8 days to travel to Aus. In those 8 days they’ll have to adjust to an 11 hour time difference and play 2 games in 4 of those 8 days.

Bowing to catholics is not the Rangers way of old. The board see this as easy money and are taking it. Shameful. Robertson going to ground is an act of a coward or someone who wants this to blow over.
If that's the first thing that pops into your head when listing the many reasons this friendly should get canned, then I'm glad you said "of old" because shït like that belongs in the past.

Unless something happens on the Aussie side of things, I can't see this not happening. Us so-called "traditional fans" will be seen by the board as unwilling to accept the change in commercial direction of the club. I mean for godsake, they completely ignore the needs of ample disability seating in the stadium but will happily add new corporate seating at the drop of a hat.

Unless something happens on the Aussie side of things, I can't see this not happening. Us so-called "traditional fans" will be seen by the board as unwilling to accept the change in commercial direction of the club. I mean for godsake, they completely ignore the needs of ample disability seating in the stadium but will happily add new corporate seating at the drop of a hat.
Well they will see the change in where this 'traditional fan' spends his cash.

Whoring it with a club who:

1. Ring mastered all clubs in Shitland to try and kill us
  2. have mocked and laughed at us at their AGM’s and revelled in it
  3. who’ve said they don’t need Rangers
  4. who’ve refused to call us by name
  5. Who’ve said they are not part of an ‘old firm’ never mind anything else
  6. Who’ve allowed our players to go through vicious poisonous sectarian abuse when playing at their midden. One of the worst being the mutant screaming orange bastard repeatedly at Jimmy Bell in the dug out
  7. Allow their players to disrespect our ground wiping snot on corner flags, tying scarves around goalposts and their own players waving flags in amongst their support whilst injured.
  8. Have hidden an abhorrent peadophile ring decade after decade, denying any liability, accountability or knowledge. DESPICABLE.
I’m stunned at the lack of awareness from our board. That club despise us in every way possible and tried to kill us, have they forgotten that.

With that and their paedophile ring, we should have as little to with them as possible.

I don’t want us to be know as the old firm, I don’t want the Glasgow Derby, it should be just another game against the true bigots of Scotland.

This. The board have said it’s a great time to use 8 days to travel to Aus. In those 8 days they’ll have to adjust to an 11 hour time difference and play 2 games in 4 of those 8 days.
They will have another 3 weeks after that to go on a family holiday and readjust to GMT time.

The travelling distance isn't an issue, who we are playing is.

They will have another 3 weeks after that to go on a family holiday and readjust to GMT time.

The travelling distance isn't an issue, who we are playing is.
who we are playing is obviously the biggest issue, but the travelling and time is another reason, for me. as someone who has done that particular journey a lot, its not very easy to just adjust

Bisgrove is not a Rangers fan but surely when he took this idiotic proposal to the board the Rangers supporters on the board should have knocked it on the head. Now we face trying to extricate ourselves from an entire avoidable situation. Board showing a serious disconnect to the fans if they ever thought this was a good idea.
Spot on, and this is what concerns me most of all.

Are they really so far removed from us they couldn't have seen this coming. If so, that is extremely alarming.

Do we really have no one on that board with any inclination of the general feeling amongst the support, or worse in that they just don't care. Here's what we do know.....by now they are acutely aware of the backlash. That demo yesterday for all the world to see and the promise of much much more to come by way of resistance to this. Yet here we are Monday the 21st and still silence!!!

Surely the obvious thing to do was release a statement for the support last night. The whole debacle actually defies belief.

Here we are battling it out for the title in our 150th year and yet so much of the focus is on this shit show of a match that is 8 months away. Wtf were the board thinking of? Even if we win the league we are never going to accept this and if we don't pull out the protests are only going to increase. At a time when we should all be focusing on the league and the 150th we have this hanging over us like a running sore, and still silence from those at the top. Shame on them.

Here we are battling it out for the title in our 150th year and yet so much of the focus is on this shit show of a match that is 8 months away. Wtf were the board thinking of? Even if we win the league we are never going to accept this and if we don't pull out the protests are only going to increase. At a time when we should all be focusing on the league and the 150th we have this hanging over us like a running sore, and still silence from those at the top. Shame on them.
Silence isn’t always a sign of inaction.
The club will have a contractual arrangement and there is no point in anything being made public until concluded.

Why did you buy tickets I'd you're so against it mate?
I was hoping, by now, the club would’ve came out and addressed the supporters concerns. I also hoped the ticketing problems would’ve been sorted, but alas no. the whole thing is a riot and a bit of a downer. The stadium is a 80,000 seater and barely any bear is onboard. Supporters will be rattling about in a nothing of an atmosphere

Be a sore one for guys like you having to miss it, any other opponent and there would’ve been thousands wanting to go
I have a few reasons for my objection ...

its the week before a controversial World cup

how many of our team will be away with the international sides?

the timing of such a venue is wrong ( I would love a trip to Australia but not this, would prefer pre season v local sides or European like last time )

its a money orientated decision - as confirmed , The money side of football isn't my favourite

and to top it off its them we are playing - there is no such thing as a old firm friendly ( play the legends or u21's instead)

Wonder what the protest will be at the Celtic game on 3rd April

Worldwide audience, perfect situation for chants and banners
Id suggest a sit down protest on Edmiston Drive well before the game in protest at the carbon emissions this trip will generate. Police go easy on these type of protests. Also no room for the handwringers on here to greet like weans.

There must surely be some security concerns around potential crowd trouble. 80,000 fans travelling on planes trains and automobiles screams trouble.
The regular Rangers (Aurora) and Celtic pub (Cheers) in Sydney are on opposite sides of Central.

They normally run special event trains and buses for games at Sydney Olympic Park, they could feasibly run 'Rangers trains' from one side of the station's platforms and 'Celtic trains' from the other with segregation in the middle of Central. They could also stagger arrival times for trains at Homebush and clear the station, bringing in the next train, clearing the station etc and have one side coming out left once at Homebush exit and one side coming out right.

Will be a pain in the arse to organise but that is the easy bit, it's what happens before and after the games in non-segregated areas in a massive city that will be the issue as people won't just be in those two bars and you still have to get into the city centre too. Sydney has an extensive transport mix of light rail, trains, ferries and buses and they won't be able to police all of that when mixed supports are converging on the city to get to Olympic park if coming from anywhere but west.

The Rangers board are between a rock and a hard place here. We were cast into the wilderness for 4 years. During that time Celtic were gifted 12 domestic trophies and free access to Europe. While we were grubbing around the countryside, they were raking in revenue and filling up their biscuit tin.

The game is dominated by money., and results are directly tied to that.

We make demands on the board that are results focused.

I'm guessing the ''under pressure'' board did not expect a bad reaction from joining a lucrative kickabout in OZ.

They know better now, for the future. We have made our point.

There's a long way to catch up moneywise, and building a team from scratch without the benefits of sustained continuity has been painful.

I don't know of any club that could have come back from the dead like we have, with no help, and in the face of deep and malicious meddling by others.

Now we need to get behind the team, this year (almost) more than ever.

It's a pill, I know, but there will be penaties to pay for breaking the contract, better we go and smash them on aggregate.

Last edited:
The Rangers board are between a rock and a hard place here. We were cast into the wilderness for 4 years. During that time Celtic were gifted 12 domestic trophies and free access to Europe. While we were grubbing around the countryside, they were raking in revenue and filling up their biscuit tin.

The game is dominated by money., and results are directly tied to that.

We make demands on the board that are results focused.

I'm guessing the ''under pressure'' board did not expect a bad reaction from joining a lucrative kickabout in OZ.

They know better now, for the future. We have made our point.

There's a long way to catch up moneywise, and building a team from scratch without the benefits of sustained continuity has been painful.

I don't know of any club that could have come back from the dead like we have, with no help, and in the face of deep and malicious meddling by others.

Now we need to get behind the team, this year (almost) more than ever.

It's a pill, I know, but there will be penaties to pay for breaking the contract, better we go and smash them on aggregate.
If our future success is reliant on whoring ourselves out for 3 million quid for this pish then Bisgrove, Roberson and Ross Wilson should be out a job as of now.

If our future success is reliant on whoring ourselves out for 3 million quid for this pish then Bisgrove, Roberson and Ross Wilson should be out a job as of now.
Cromwell made a very good list of points [https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...rts-now-in-doubt.196914/page-94#post-11146732 earlier].

The board has made a misjudgement, they didn't get the "hurt"; and they were not alone in their thinking. Presumably soundings were taken. Where were ''Club 1872'' in this.

An apology would be nice. Mistakes are made, we've all done that...

Back