World Cup Break November Old Firm in Sydney Confirmed - Reports: Now In Doubt

Should Rangers play them in Australia? Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 145 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 2,407 94.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately I agree. Unlikely we can get out without costing us money.
Only we could turn this round is to go over there and win the dam thing and put that lot in their place. It would be a major embarrassment for them if big angie’s return was a defeat

Although we should be going after people like this
rent-a-quote mcavennie lol one of the most irrelevant c*nts out there

Sometimes when you make a mistake you really do simply have to live with it. Our Board made a mistake by agreeing to play them in Australia. To get out of that agreement now would cost the club a great deal of money which the club cannot afford. I don't think that it would be in the best interest of our club to become enmeshed in a contractual dispute which it would have zero chance of wnning. I dislike the thought of playing them in in Australia as much as you do but the difference is that I can see the reality of the consequences of pulling out of a contractual deal.
Take the hit, admit you made a mistake.

More important to show respect to the people who pump millions into the club week in week out!

More important to show respect to the people who pump millions into the club week in week out!

Is pulling out the friendly and potientially facing a £3m penalty for doing so going to do claw back any credibility on the board's part ?

I don't see how it does.

Very easy to say, "Take the hit" when you're not the one who would be receiving it. Unfortunately our Board has committed us to playing a game of football against another club that the vast majority of us do not think we should be having anything to do with. I share that opinion. The club however will receive £3.5 million for this during a month when it will have very little income. If we don't fulfill our contractual agreement it could mean the club possibly/probably having to fork out a similar amount to the organisers. This would then equate to a net loss of £7 million to Rangers. Like it or not, I don't think that that would be a price worth paying so that our supporrers can take the moral high ground stance.

Very easy to say, "Take the hit" when you're not the one who would be receiving it. Unfortunately our Board has committed us to playing a game of football against another club that the vast majority of us do not think we should be having anything to do with. I share that opinion. The club however will receive £3.5 million for this during a month when it will have very little income. If we don't fulfill our contractual agreement it could mean the club possibly/probably having to fork out a similar amount to the organisers. This would then equate to a net loss of £7 million to Rangers. Like it or not, I don't think that that would be a price worth paying so that our supporrers can take the moral high ground stance.
We need to find a loophole to get out, like the rumour they are getting more than us and that was not the agreement.

Then arrange a friendly or two and let the fans know.

Also, we should have 40 million champions league in the bank as well

I get your point however if we end this season trophy less and still going to Australia then the bridge between the fans and board will be ablaze. A £7m net loss will be the least of this boards worry as we will fall further behind our rivals financially and on the pitch.

Until someone explains the situation clearly, our support are completely in the dark. There may well be penalties for pulling out but we don't know that, has anyone actually confirmed this. So far all we have is supposition

Is pulling out the friendly and potientially facing a £3m penalty for doing so going to do claw back any credibility on the board's part ?

I don't see how it does.
They have far less credibility if they keep saying nothing and go ahead with this farce.

We need to find a loophole to get out, like the rumour they are getting more than us and that was not the agreement.

Then arrange a friendly or two and let the fans know.

Also, we should have 40 million champions league in the bank as well
Friendlies with HSV and Orange County our real partners and someone like Chelsea in Florida would be cracking.

They have far less credibility if they keep saying nothing and go ahead with this farce.

Thier credibility is in tatters whatever their next move is IMO.

They've handled this whole thing appallingly and rather naively. Their silence speaks volumes and displays a level of contempt for the support. That Robertson hasn't made one public comment is a disgrace.

"Oh we didn't know Celtic would do this to get one over us."

Of course you did. You'd either have to be blind or stupid not to. They still cannot bring themselves to mention us by name in their press release for it and this board are running about wanting to be pals with them.

Friendlies with HSV and Orange County our real partners and someone like Chelsea in Florida would be cracking.

Who’s paying for this and who is really going to watch Orange County?

Friendlies cost money to arrange. I also doubt the appetite for another Ibrox friendly.

That’s why I said in Florida.

Our US friendly attendances are not very good so few people are coming to watch Orange County or Hamburg.

Chelsea will be a big draw but who’s paying to host the game? And if they are, they’ll likely go for bigger name opponent.

They've handled this whole thing appallingly and rather naively. Their silence speaks volumes and displays a level of contempt for the support. That Robertson hasn't made one public comment is a disgrace.

Of course you did. You'd either have to be blind or stupid not to. They still cannot bring themselves to mention us by name in their press release for it and this board are running about wanting to be pals with them.
A huge mistake by the board and one I cannot understand.
How anyone on the Rangers Board expected the fans to accept this is beyond me.

Stewart Robertson should never have been near our club in the first place he's weak predictable and a yes man and is shown up regularly at SPFL board meetings.

Pressure has to be put on for his immediate removal.

The board's credibility has dropped I couldn't care less about the money they've put in or who is a Rangers man they have absolutely dropped the ball this year and it's very reminiscent of the late Murray years imo.

Do people still believe we're getting £3m for a friendly in a country that's football league is worse than ours?

I've got magic beans to sell you.

I also fully believe they're getting more than us as well, the people in charge of our marketing are so poor, brands no one has heard of plastered all over the stadium for pennies.

What do Biowave or Bitchie actually do?

Nobody could deny that the team was not at its best today, but the guys dug in and pulled a win out the bag - in spite of the behaviour of a large element of our support!
From the big roll and tennis ball nonsense at the start, through the Neanderthal song book and the lunacy at the start of the second half, to the flying Buckfast bottle that greeted the second goal, they were a disgrace!
In a day when we needed to start the game on the front foot, the play was stopped and the players had to hang around waiting for the junk to be cleared- opportunity lost! At the start of the second half, with the manager making two changes which most would’ve agreed with, we needed to get off to a flyer in their faces. Not a chance!
I totally get that many in our support are against the ‘friendly’. I am too. But they obviously don’t realise that we have a League title and two cups to win and the team need unstinting support with no distractions. There is a time and a place to make your feelings known (although I’m sure the Board already know!!).
Today’s behaviour looked like that of people who think that the League Title is already lost-because it certainly wasn’t helpful!
Today, the team won in spite of the support. If these guys are happy to be lauded as the twelfth man who have dragged the team over the line on many occasions, they have to be grown up enough to take the criticism when they get it so badly wrong.

Last edited:
Our US friendly attendances are not very good so few people are coming to watch Orange County or Hamburg.

Chelsea will be a big draw but who’s paying to host the game? And if they are, they’ll likely go for bigger name opponent.

This is my perception too (I was at the friendlies in Toronto and Ottawa). The game has moved on to a point where people in North America and Asia will pay stupid ticket prices to go and see the European Superleague clubs play friendlies but little or no interest in anyone else.

I genuinely don't think this game is as big a draw as people seem to be making out. I would be shocked if it came anywhere near selling out the Olympic stadium.

The Daily Express are reporting the game is closing in on an 85,000 sell out. A year in advance for two teams that are realtively small by comparison? I find that hard to believe. Are tickets even on sale?

Everyone across the UK will be aware of the friendly now.
Sky and the BBC. commented on the protest. So the protest worked.
Yes how does that help it get cancelled? Can't imagine someone who lives in Nottingham can get it cancelled

I’m not sure what ignorance has got to do with. The club fucked up, it committed, it won’t be forgotten.

however time to focus on what really matters.
The club are bargaining on it all going away and that people will get over it. That's why there's radio silence about it. Plus if we get deeper into the Europa they'll think along those lines even more.

Unfortunately I agree. Unlikely we can get out without costing us money.
Only we could turn this round is to go over there and win the dam thing and put that lot in their place. It would be a major embarrassment for them if big angie’s return was a defeat

Although we should be going after people like this

Does that thicko McAfanny not realise that Rangers have made several million through European competitions this season and are in a position to make even more money.

I’m not sure what ignorance has got to do with. The club fucked up, it committed, it won’t be forgotten.

however time to focus on what really matters.
Which is why e are where we are in Scotland and the west is with Putin no feckin morals

The club are bargaining on it all going away and that people will get over it. That's why there's radio silence about it. Plus if we get deeper into the Europa they'll think along those lines even more.
Exactly. Bollox to moving on and letting them away with it.

It may or may not go ahead but we should be making our voices clearly heard. Regularly. And continuously.

Back