Red Star Banner at Half Time

ursus_major

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere, apologies if so, but the half time banner appeared to list wars with US involvement, or am I mistaken? If so was it intended to be pro Russia, and will they get fined?

Gies a minute please. I'm gonnae have to Google "hegemon"....
It's the name of a pet owl.

WB_F1_Hedwig_HarryHoldsHedwig_1383R_v2.jpg

I did note the fella with the Russian flag trying to taunt us after the full time whistle from the section to the right of us.

its wars, election fraud, invasions, proxy wars, air strikes and overthrowing of democratic governments.

its all US

it isn't NATO, it is specifically the US.

NATO didnt invade Grenada or enact the Bay of Pigs.

Do you agree with the comparison they're attemptng to make?
The US has undoubtedly made some grave errors historically, in order to progress their global interests, but at no time would I say they've committed an assault on an innocent and peaceful country, on a level anywhere near thiis.
The fact that Gazprom, the main funder of Putin's war machine, remains prominent on their shirt, speaks volumes for where the Serbs stand, but they've a history of supporting genocide themselves. Great that Rangers ended their exposure for this season at least.

Do you agree with the comparison they're attemptng to make?
The US has undoubtedly made some grave errors historically, in order to progress their global interests, but at no time would I say they've committed an assault on an innocent and peaceful country, on a level anywhere near thiis.
The fact that Gazprom, the main funder of Putin's war machine, remains prominent on their shirt, speaks volumes for where the Serbs stand, but they've a history of supporting genocide themselves. Great that Rangers ended their exposure for this season at least.
Yeah bombing of Serbia, which destroyed most of our bridges, lots of important buildings like the tv station and killing multiple civilians is nowhere near what Russia is doing now. And USA have literally zero residents there, while there are a lot of Russians in Ukraine. Let me get this straight, what Russia is doing is absolutely horrible, and Serbia officially condemned Russia for their actions, the reason why there were now sanctions is because most of our import is from Russia, were we to impose sanctions we wouldn't be able to live pretty much.

Serbia never supported genocide. If you are alluding to Srebrenica, what we did there was truly horrific, and shouldn't have happened. What everyone fails to mention is the Oluja action that Croatia did before that, which was a true genocide. There are almost no more serbians in Croatia while there are quite a few croats in the Vojvodina region of Serbia.

Here's one for them for next season:

1939 Poland

1939 Belorussia

1939 Romania

1939 Finland

1941 Finland

1944 China

1945 Estonia

1945 Latvia

1945 Lithuania

1946 IndoChina

1950 Korea

1956 Hungary

1968 Czechoslovakia

1979 Afghanistan

1991 Georgia

1992 Moldova

1994 Chechnya

1999 Chechnya

2008 Georgia

2014 Ukraine

2015 Syria

2018 Central African Republic

2020 Ukraine

Plus all the other goings on behind the scenes.

drones, bombs and weapons support in Yemen, bombing Belgrade and the Kosovo situation.

Obama dropped more bombs than Bush:

you dont hear about it because the children and mothers are brown.
You dont hear about a black President dropping bombs because the victims were brown? So it's Obama thats the racist?

Yeah bombing of Serbia, which destroyed most of our bridges, lots of important buildings like the tv station and killing multiple civilians is nowhere near what Russia is doing now. And USA have literally zero residents there, while there are a lot of Russians in Ukraine. Let me get this straight, what Russia is doing is absolutely horrible, and Serbia officially condemned Russia for their actions, the reason why there were now sanctions is because most of our import is from Russia, were we to impose sanctions we wouldn't be able to live pretty much.

Serbia never supported genocide. If you are alluding to Srebrenica, what we did there was truly horrific, and shouldn't have happened. What everyone fails to mention is the Oluja action that Croatia did before that, which was a true genocide. There are almost no more serbians in Croatia while there are quite a few croats in the Vojvodina region of Serbia.

I'd suggest you find new partners if you want to be respected globally, as there is no way back for Putin.
Trying to compare the Ukraine invasion to any NATO or recent US actions will result in your being lumped in with Putin.
And the Yugoslav wars were another tragic period in history that should've been avoided.

1939 Poland

1939 Belorussia

1939 Romania

1939 Finland

1941 Finland

1944 China

1945 Estonia

1945 Latvia

1945 Lithuania

1946 IndoChina

1950 Korea

1956 Hungary

1968 Czechoslovakia

1979 Afghanistan

1991 Georgia

1992 Moldova

1994 Chechnya

1999 Chechnya

2008 Georgia

2014 Ukraine

2015 Syria

2020 Ukraine

One doesn't contradict the other. Both USA and Russia are horrible. The point Red Star fans were trying to make is that nobody bat an eye when USA did horrible things(including bombing us in 1999) while everyone is always condemning what Russia is doing. Rightly so, but there are double standards.

1939 Poland

1939 Belorussia

1939 Romania

1939 Finland

1941 Finland

1944 China

1945 Estonia

1945 Latvia

1945 Lithuania

1946 IndoChina

1950 Korea

1956 Hungary

1968 Czechoslovakia

1979 Afghanistan

1991 Georgia

1992 Moldova

1994 Chechnya

1999 Chechnya

2008 Georgia

2014 Ukraine

2015 Syria

2020 Ukraine

They were invited to CAR and Syria by those governments. Ukraine was at least partly caused by a CIA-backed coup. Chechnya was part of Russia already.

Russia also keeps its imperialism mainly to its backyard/sphere of influence, rather than sticking its nose in where it's no business, like the US/NATO.

I'd suggest you find new partners if you want to be respected globally, as there is no way back for Putin.
Trying to compare the Ukraine invasion to any NATO or recent US actions will result in your being lumped in with Putin.
And the Yugoslav wars were another tragic period in history that should've been avoided.
Do you think the Ukraine invasion has been worse than Iraq, Afghanistan or even the US occupation of Syria for the past decade?

I agree that we should find other partners and not solely rely on Russia. And NATO bombing in 1999 was truly horrible for all people in Serbia and definitely comparable to Ukraine situation now, yet no one, apart from Russia and Ukraine supported us. Big counties wage wars on each other, while small countries get caught in the cross-fire.

Yes, much, much worse, and I don’t have time to debate someone who disagrees.
Well I say the USA's never ending War of Terror was much worse and Russia will have to go some to do worse to civilian populations than the US and I don't have time to debate someone who disagrees.

Back