MyGers & Rangers TV Subscriptions Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Summerisle

Administrator
Staff member
Reasons for both cancellations were given as:
“My reasons for the cancellation are the disgraceful Australian friendly and the incredibly poor club communications.”

Now, before anyone starts, I’m not trying to influence others on what to do or what not to do with their own money.
Today, for me, was just the final straw.

How can you cancel your Myers ! I thought it’s an annual subscription that you choose to renew at the start of the season ?
2021/2022 MyGers Memberships are valid from the 1st June 2021 to the 31st May 2022.
Regardless of purchase date, all 2021/2022 MyGers Memberships will expire on the 31st May 2022.

For supporters who purchased a 2021/2022 membership, memberships were auto renewed on Monday 29th March and Tuesday 30th March, unless you chose to opt out.

I assume auto-renewals for 2022/23 will happen at end of this month then (although validity will be from June 22 to May 23)?

I never knew MyGers was on auto renew so that’s good to know. Due to gifts from folk for the Museum and not linking my ST due to a faff with Rangers numbers and locked out email address at my end it was only ever an expensive (but brilliant) bronze coaster for me.
I don’t know why the MyGers scheme got dragged through the mud by C1872 as it is in keeping with every other club the world over.
I now won’t be renewing mine now that I know, not because I got misled because I knew it was merely a donation that was funding directly towards the first team but because I’d rather spend £50 on some other tat next season

2021/2022 MyGers Memberships are valid from the 1st June 2021 to the 31st May 2022.
Regardless of purchase date, all 2021/2022 MyGers Memberships will expire on the 31st May 2022.

For supporters who purchased a 2021/2022 membership, memberships were auto renewed on Monday 29th March and Tuesday 30th March, unless you chose to opt out.

I assume auto-renewals for 2022/23 will happen at end of this month then (although validity will be from June 22 to May 23)?

Haha can you imagine?

Can see them announcing next week then taking on consecutive days:

Braga
Semi final
Mygers

It was outrageous how they acted last season just launching that with just a days notice of renewal, they must’ve clearly known well in advance they were doing it and that they obviously needed the money.

Hopefully the Euro pay days will be enough to give us a bit more notice this year.

Is it?

I’ll let you into a secret there’s not a huge line of people desperate to throw money into the club.

The same folk that have went to games the last 10 years will be the same ones going the next 10 years.
That's not quite true. For example, My nephew and his mate were looking for 2. There will be new supporters but I get your point about the majority.

It’s automatically renewed by default.

“Should you wish to cancel your auto renewal for season 22/23, please e-mail mygers@rangers.co.uk. Please include your full name and Rangers Number within the e-mail.”
Thanks for the tip.

I bought the 1st year and was going to cancel but it auto-renewed.

I was using it as a donation to the club as I never apply for away games or Hampden.

I emailed Robertson after the Australia friendly was announced and followed up two weeks later questioning his silence on the matter, and I received an alert to say I’d been blocked.
Not often Graeme Speirs is right, but he’s got Robertson down to a fine point when he describes him as a coward

Thats me cancelled my auto renew.

Unfortunately it doesn't free up any tickets for the rest of you as I never applied for any anyway.

“My reasons for the cancellation are the disgraceful Australian friendly and the incredibly poor club communications.”

Now, before anyone starts, I’m not trying to influence others on what to do or what not to do with their own money.
A man of principle

I emailed Robertson after the Australia friendly was announced and followed up two weeks later questioning his silence on the matter, and I received an alert to say I’d been blocked.
Lucky you.:)I’ve received absolutely nothing from anyone at the club.Not even a generic go fu*k yourself. I mean I’m only a lifelong fan,shareholder,season ticket holder for 37 years attended matches for 45 years spent a small fortune in the club shop European tickets etc. Don’t really need to give me a reply. I mean I’m just one of the rump in the support.

Can I ask what you were doing then by starting this thread? Do you make threads about all your purchases and cancellations regarding Rangers? Or was this just a bit of “look at me, look at what im doing to fight the friendly” attention seeking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back