Spiers interviews McCoist

I see we are raging
53ac141c3bd1e126922066673cd16ed9.jpeg

Ally restricted our development as a team and had a massive part to play in those bastards getting to 9IAR.
If I had the power I'd fukin ban you for that.

Let's forget the fact he almost single handedly held the club together at one point meaning we came out the other side allowing selfish bastards like you to celebrate 55.

For that I'll forgive him his shortcomings as a manager.

Ex players do not care about who they do interviews with.

If they have a personal relationship with a journo and/or are getting paid they'll happily sit down for a chat.

Few players (if any) we've had over the past 20/30 years has the midset of us the fans.

They are brought up to look after their own interests and are used to being selfish in regards to their careers etc.

In short, Mccoist got a few bob to talk about football. He doesn't care who it's with.

I get what your saying but whats done is done.
He was out of his depth as a manager.
But 15 years at the club more than makes up for it.
Not fond of McCoist talking to this wretch but in terms of his being out of his depth as a manager, will we ever really know what his career may have been had the Club been stable and not run by charlatans during his period as manager?

Had he been the manager in normal times, with the guidance of a senior mentor for a year or two, he may just have grown into the role.

Not saying he was Walter material, but it was a dreadful time for a rookie manager to be learning his craft at Ibrox.

Last edited:
You’re seriously claiming that McCoist didn’t set us back years?
Yes, I am claiming that. He also didn't contribute to them winning 9 in a row.

I'm not going to talk him up as a manager but a peak Alex Ferguson wouldnt have been able to set the club up for the future in those years, given the mess we were in. McCoist was not responsible in any way for the mess the club was in, on the field or off. In fact without him there might not even have been one to speak of.

Ex players do not care about who they do interviews with.

If they have a personal relationship with a journo and/or are getting paid they'll happily sit down for a chat.

Few players (if any) we've had over the past 20/30 years has the midset of us the fans.

They are brought up to look after their own interests and are used to being selfish in regards to their careers etc.

In short, Mccoist got a few bob to talk about football. He doesn't care who it's with.
Probably true. I’m sure Lee McCulloch sat down and done a book with that fat slug Guidi.

Probably true. I’m sure Lee McCulloch sat down and done a book with that fat slug Guidi.
Yup, players just don't have the same mindset as supporters.

Off the top of my head John Brown & Ian Ferguson are 2 that would tell a Rangers hating journo to piss off if offered money.. there won't be too many more.

Mccoist has done this sort of thing a countless number of times. He either is stupid or just doesn't really care. The whole mess with his shares vote was awful considering where we were at the time. But he gets away with because he's ally mccoist

If I had the power I'd fukin ban you for that.

Let's forget the fact he almost single handedly held the club together at one point meaning we came out the other side allowing selfish bastards like you to celebrate 55.

For that I'll forgive him his shortcomings as a manager.
He might have been the manager at the time, but I bet managing the team almost felt like an afterthought at times with what was going on behind him as the vultures circled.

Back