Spiers interviews McCoist

Allister will always be a Rangers legend but hees a media man now . Will say things and do things that will upset us as Rangers fans..
Talking to spiers is a low point to be honest.. allister was best mates with cooper and spiers qoute about super coop should have riled him..
I wish ally and Walter hadn't carried burns coffin from we know now but that's for a differant day..

This place is fuuckin abysmal at times.

It’s as if some people are just sitting around waiting to put the boot into anything Rangers related.
Sometimes that’s the case but Speirs is a moronic piece of crap who wrote a diabolical attack on Coop after he’d passed away. Coisty and Coop were best buddies and I wouldn’t have entertained the filthy wee jumped up pseudo intellectual for 1p
Speirs has attacked our club and our supporters for years, he should be ignored by all our ex players

Never mind his status as a legendary contributor to the club, Ally McCoist is a great and vocal ambassador for Rangers in his media work, whoever it is in the media he speaks to. Criticising him for this is unnecessary. We need more McCoist’s doing this - Kris Boyd another example.

More broadly speaking, the idea that we should ignore or cut off specific media people because they have written something we don’t agree with is infantile. All that will do is encourage them to write more nonsense as no one at the club is engaging with them or putting them right. Our entire PR strategy as a club and as a support has to be more mature and more professional. We have to play the media, including the c***s we don’t like and who don’t like us. Basic media strategy stuff.

Mccoist has done this sort of thing a countless number of times. He either is stupid or just doesn't really care. The whole mess with his shares vote was awful considering where we were at the time. But he gets away with because he's ally mccoist
The shares vote is the one thing I can’t forgive him for

In a way this summarises the difference between Rangers and Celtic. Walter Smith gave Spiers an interview too, even although the club had effectively declared him persona non grata.

If a Scottish football writer had dished out 10% of the stuff against Celtic Spiers has against Rangers, you can be absolutely certain Lawwell would have him completely marginalised, if not sacked.

There would be absolutely no question of a club legend getting an interview.

Completely different.

McCoist can carry Speirs’ coffin any day he wants.
He doesn’t even need to be dead - burying him alive will do nicely

Not completely different. The post I was replying to was bullshit of the highest order. It deserved an equally ridiculous response.

Green would have aye.

How's that equate to not having a team to support though?

Said at the time history will eventually be kind to McCoist when it comes to his rotten tenure as a manager - when it shouldn't be.

McCoist fought for our club and our players when everyone was lining up to take their shot.

The guy had to be physically restrained at Hampden to prevent him kicking the shit out of arseholes who wanted to steal our history.

Who else would you want as manager when the likes of green and his wee pxxi friend were running amok and bullshitting us all. I actually can't believe, looking back, we fell for his pish.

We are in a better place now, McCoist played his part in getting us there.

That will be super banned from Ibrox for daring to speak to the media then
Except the media on this occasion is a guy who tries to do as much damage as he can to us.
McCoist needs to watch the video of how sir Walter treated him.

In a way this summarises the difference between Rangers and Celtic. Walter Smith gave Spiers an interview too, even although the club had effectively declared him persona non grata.

If a Scottish football writer had dished out 10% of the stuff against Celtic Spiers has against Rangers, you can be absolutely certain Lawwell would have him completely marginalised, if not sacked.

There would be absolutely no question of a club legend getting an interview.
I was actually going to suggest that Ally might not have given the interview if his mentor was still around but you’ve just blown my theory sky high out of the water.

You are, as always spot on regarding the difference in media strategies.

Really disappointed with McCoist for this.

In saying that, I am also disapponited that he still plays golf with David Murray.

They really are not wired up the same as regular supporters.

He said he'd never forget who kicked us when we're down then turned round and said he wanted the Ramsden's Cup Final to go to hearts as they were in administration and needed the money (Hearts were the first ones to vote us out the league). He also came out and called the Rangers support lunatics off the back of lies that they threatened to burn down Raith Rovers stadium after their chairman or whoever was involved in the decision to give us a transfer embargo - when no such thing was said and there's others examples I can dig out.

Who else would I have wanted as a manager? I dunno, someone decent who despite spending millions would have been able to get us back to the top flight the first time of asking, maybe even a cup final or hell even a Ramsdens cup.

McCoist did not play his part in getting us to that better place. Warburton did more than he did.

Even with all that said, that's nothing to do with what my initial comment was - which was we wouldn't have had a team if it wasn't for him - which is hyperbolic, over-emotional nonsense.

Remember in 2012 fans were not going to buy season tickets?

What do you think green would have done with the club if we persisted with our St boycott?

A scumbag like that would have had no hesitation in selling off our assets to make his money. He said he would lock the gates at Ibrox.

Had the likes of McCoist not urged fans to buy season tickets we would have gone even further into hell than we already were at that time.

Ally stood on the pitch and told us all that the fans saved Rangers. I don't think people truly appreciate the enormous reality of those words.

McCoist played a massive part in keeping Rangers intact. He got us through div 3 and 2 and then Warburton took us on the next step from 1 to the premiership.

He played his part in the journey.

Ex players do not care about who they do interviews with.

If they have a personal relationship with a journo and/or are getting paid they'll happily sit down for a chat.

Few players (if any) we've had over the past 20/30 years has the midset of us the fans.

They are brought up to look after their own interests and are used to being selfish in regards to their careers etc.

In short, Mccoist got a few bob to talk about football. He doesn't care who it's with.
This 100%

Spiers is an utter turd of a journalist

According to the bold Spiersy Ally's career is the great "what if ?"

Yeah thats a brilliant take. What if Alistair McCoist hadn’t been a charismatic record breaking goal scorer that bagged Roy of the Rovers style overhead kick winners, won 2 golden boots, multiple winners medals while pumping the likes of Patsy Kensit on the side. What if he hadn’t followed his record breaking footballing career up with a hugely successful media career where he’s adored boy all who don’t wear green and grey. What if! I bet Ally lies awake at night wondering where it all went wrong.

If I had the power I'd fukin ban you for that.

Let's forget the fact he almost single handedly held the club together at one point meaning we came out the other side allowing selfish bastards like you to celebrate 55.

For that I'll forgive him his shortcomings as a manager.
No players and a very limited budget didn't make things any easier for him.

Ex player in out of touch with fanbase shocker. We seem to have a fair few who just don’t get it. With a few notable exceptions they don’t have the same mindset as us the fans.

Ally McCoist the player - hero and superstar.
Ally McCoist the coach - player's mate.
Ally McCoist the manager - horrendous.
Ally McCoist the pundit - occassional good guy, occasional shitebag.

Take your pick.
If it wasn’t for McCoist they bastards at the SPFL would’ve taken our titles. Oh that you can be sure!

Surely Ally makes enough coin through his media gigs that he doesn't need an interview with that prick

Fair enough if it's charity related but not that smelly basturd.

The charge list against Smelly outweighs any justification of doing an interview with him of all people

Bearing in mind this is a "journalist" that said Ian Ferguson had "all the charm of a child molester"

No defence

Fxxks sake.

Let's just cancel McCoist then

While we are at it, let's cancel Walter too for carrying the coffin of Tommy burns.
zme2px.gif

Back