Rangers now trying to fund our enemies

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
Like many of you, I have received a newsletter today from Rangers.co.uk promoting the Rangers Review website.
They are trying to sell subscriptions of two months for £1.
The Rangers Review Is owned by the same company publishes the national, Glasgow times and The Herald.
That company is called Newsquest and I believe it is one of our biggest enemies.
And yet the official rangers.co.uk newsletter is promoting subscriptions for it.
The same people also publish a Celtic website as well.
Maybe, like Sydney, we will start promoting that too.

I unsubscribed from the rangers.co.uk mailing list as a result.

Last edited:
Like many of you, I have received a newsletter today from Rangers.co.uk promoting the Rangers Review website.
The Rangers Review Is owned by the same company publishes the national, Glasgow times and The Herald.
That company is called Newsquest and I believe it is one of our biggest enemies.
And yet the official rangers.co.uk newsletter is promoting subscriptions for it.

Do you ever have a day not moaning and being negative about something?

staynch as the staunchest Staunchalator

How about just not subscribing and getting on with your day?
So it’s OK to have Rangers fans being tricked into subscribing to something that carries the sort of headlines we saw about our title celebrations in George Square.
It’s OK for Rangers fans to be tricked into supporting an organization that gleefully reported untrue allegations about our players singing sectarian songs.
There are so many countless instances of Newsquest titles writing falsehoods and malicious nonsense about the football club and its fans that it is almost beyond belief that anyone cannot see how dangerous this is.
The traditional newspapers are dying on their ass, so the only way they are going to replace that revenue is by pretending to be friendly organizations that they’re clearly not.

I know, personally, who runs the Herald.

He’s a nice and very decent guy, but diehard Celtic fan.

Make your own decisions under the right criteria.

This is advertising revenue, not a conspiracy.

I know, personally, who runs the Herald.

He’s a nice and very decent guy, but diehard Celtic fan.

Make your own decisions under the right criteria.

This is advertising revenue, not a conspiracy.
People should at least know it’s Newsquest.
The same people who brought you the lovely headlines about our celebrations in George Sq and sectarian songs apparently sang by our players celebrating the title win.

Last edited:
People should at least know it’s Newsquest.
The same people who brought you the lovely headlines about our celebrations in George Sq and sectarian songs apparently sang by our players celebrating the title win.

Of course they should.

I know where my dog is in the race when it comes to Newsquest, I’ve had multiple dealings with them in the past.

This is purely commercial on Rangers part.

The Rangers Review has good content from what I've read.

Heart and Hand do a bit for them and Joshua Barrie has appeared on their platform a few times in return.
And I’ve consistently questioned Heart and Hand for adopting that policy.
The Glasgow times, the Herald and the national were equally capable of running the ‘story’ the daily record did about David and his guys.
If they would have been given the ‘story’ I’m sure they would’ve run it.

Rangers advertised Red32 on their strip - but guess what - I didn’t place a bet!

*groan*

Of course they should.

I know where my dog is in the race when it comes to Newsquest, I’ve had multiple dealings with them in the past.

This is purely commercial on Rangers part.
I fully understand that but there are certain commercial relationships you should never have if you know that elsewhere in that organisation there are people ready to damage your reputation and brand.

The Rangers Review has good content from what I've read.

Heart and Hand do a bit for them and Joshua Barrie has appeared on their platform a few times in return.
I’ve been watching/ listening to the daily update for a few months , I like it , I’ve never paid or subscribed , Joshua Barrie is excellent on it imo

I just wish everybody would give this infighting a f**ken rest.

As a Rangers fan, my main priority is what the team does on the pitch. We might not have been great in the league this season, but the team is in the quarter finals of a european trophy, something I feared we'd seen the last of not that long ago.

I don't log on much these days and just have a quick look at what's happening, but recently it has got worse with a row about something every day and it gets you down.

Let's start to get behind the players in this closing part of the season, after all that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

How many gigs has this McFarlane guy had talking about rangers?

Seems to crop up almost as much as Mark McGhee!

I have heard of him through this site, don't recall reading much of his stuff other than quotes on here.

I just wish everybody would give this infighting a f**ken rest.

As a Rangers fan, my main priority is what the team does on the pitch. We might not have been great in the league this season, but the team is in the quarter finals of a european trophy, something I feared we'd seen the last of not that long ago.

I don't log on much these days and just have a quick look at what's happening, but recently it has got worse with a row about something every day and it gets you down.

Let's start to get behind the players in this closing part of the season, after all that's what it's all about at the end of the day.
So you were quite happy to read the lies about how our fans trashed George Sq or the nonsense about the doctored video of our players apparently singing sectarian songs when celebrating the title.
Those publications will continue to peddle their lies and damage the Rangers brand and yet the commercial team are happy to get into bed with the same organization.
This is nothing to do with supporting the team.
This is to ensure that those supporters know who Rangers are doing business with.
It is similar to Sydney and that is not going to go away anytime soon.

I wouldn't say newsquest are the enemy- may good bears including myself have worked there at some point....they are however a shower of shite to work for and are or were owned bt Ganet a USA organisation

And I’ve consistently questioned Heart and Hand for adopting that policy.
The Glasgow times, the Herald and the national were equally capable of running the ‘story’ the daily record did about David and his guys.
If they would have been given the ‘story’ I’m sure they would’ve run it.
That's a very easy stance to adopt without requiring any evidence.

I think we're all well versed at spotting 'impartial' journalists in this country that have it ripping out them.

The guy Barrie is a genuine bear and speaks a lot of sense, any criticism of him is unfair in my opinion.

I fully understand that but there are certain commercial relationships you should never have if you know that elsewhere in that organisation there are people ready to damage your reputation and brand.

Which media would you actually have us dealing with?

Based on some FF posters, it would actually be no one. And yet they’d still complain.

The moaning and criticism is relentless.

Edit

Not worth the hassle. Sticks in the throat watching these nonentity individuals promoted by Rangers.

All that needs said.

Which media would you actually have us dealing with?

Based on some FF posters, it would actually be no one. And yet they’d still complain.

The moaning and criticism is relentless.
This attitude has hijacked the legitimate criticism of the board and is arguably making it seem larger than it is.

Any fair criticism of the board is being shit stirred by people that just have constant grievances about everything. When the board are just keeping the club ticking over and the team is doing well these individuals don't have much of a platform, right now it's shooty-in.

Very political.

So you were quite happy to read the lies about how our fans trashed George Sq or the nonsense about the doctored video of our players apparently singing sectarian songs when celebrating the title.
Those publications will continue to peddle their lies and damage the Rangers brand and yet the commercial team are happy to get into bed with the same organization.
This is nothing to do with supporting the team.
This is to ensure that those supporters know who Rangers are doing business with.
It is similar to Sydney and that is not going to go away anytime soon.
I know all about the media and the way they've treated us, doesn't make me happy about it. I've made my thoughts clear about the goings on in this country in many posts.

This wasn't necessarily a dig at yourself, it was just one of many threads on here that I could have made the same reply.

All I'm saying is, instead of being excited about the coming weeks, just about every day we're having infighting. Let's try and enjoy it.

The problem in scotland can only be dealt with at the ballot box and how we can turn that round is beyond me.

Derek Clark and Jonny McFarlane as writers? McFarlane the Hibs fan?

Not that I would ever consider purchasing a Herald, far less one of their sister titles, but does Dougie still advertise his cars on a Friday in the separate Motoring Section?

So it’s OK to have Rangers fans being tricked into subscribing to something that carries the sort of headlines we saw about our title celebrations in George Square.
It’s OK for Rangers fans to be tricked into supporting an organization that gleefully reported untrue allegations about our players singing sectarian songs.
There are so many countless instances of Newsquest titles writing falsehoods and malicious nonsense about the football club and its fans that it is almost beyond belief that anyone cannot see how dangerous this is.
The traditional newspapers are dying on their ass, so the only way they are going to replace that revenue is by pretending to be friendly organizations that they’re clearly not.
Tricked you say? More fool the fools I say

Back