Rangers now trying to fund our enemies

Been subscribed for a couple of months now and I enjoy the content. Between rangers review and heart and hand on patreon I can listen and read about rangers all day.

Like many of you, I have received a newsletter today from Rangers.co.uk promoting the Rangers Review website.
They are trying to sell subscriptions of two months for £1.
The Rangers Review Is owned by the same company publishes the national, Glasgow times and The Herald.
That company is called Newsquest and I believe it is one of our biggest enemies.
And yet the official rangers.co.uk newsletter is promoting subscriptions for it.
The same people also publish a Celtic website as well.
Maybe, like Sydney, we will start promoting that too.

I unsubscribed from the rangers.co.uk mailing list as a result.

Sorry to break this to you but Newsquest are not anti Rangers. Neither are the all guys who work for the Herald or the Glasgow Times.

There are vermin there but there are also Bears.

The National is a joke and should be avoided.

We cannot continue to isolate ourselves leaving the tramps to suck up all the positives of a decent relationship with the msm while we are sitting feeling the world is against us.

Politics aside.

Josh Barrie and Derek Clarke seem like good guys, Johnny Mcfarlane is David Brent. You can access the articles for free by hitting the esc key when a page is loading. It's decent content, but once you work that out it's pointless subscribing.

Absolute bollocks re Derek Clark. I know his Father well,and I was in their ST seats earlier this season. You are entitled to your opinion on him but don’t spout pish that he’s not a Rangers man.
There are Rangers fans in our media, as well as ex players who take the coin to stick the boot In to us. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Which media would you actually have us dealing with?

Based on some FF posters, it would actually be no one. And yet they’d still complain.

The moaning and criticism is relentless.
We have trustworthy fan media in the likes of Heart and Hand and Follow Follow.
We have Rangers TV.
I accept that Newsquest has paid the 25K that allows Rangers Review to be a media partner.
But I just wanted everyone to make sure they knew who Rangers Review really are backed by.
Unlike David Edgar and Mark Dingwall, I expect Joshua Barrie did not pay the 25K but his lords and masters did and will have expectation of a suitable return.
Meanwhile, nothing will stop the Glasgow times, the Herald and the National from printing lies about Rangers and it’s support, especially leading up to the old firm on Sunday.

Sorry to break this to you but Newsquest are not anti Rangers. Neither are the all guys who work for the Herald or the Glasgow Times.

We cannot continue to isolate ourselves leaving the tramps to suck up all the positives of a decent relationship with the msm while we are sitting feeling the world is against us.

Do you ever have a day not moaning and being negative about something?
If you don’t think this is worth moaning about, that is entirely up to you.

I actually despair.

Is that your evidence that Newsquest are anti Rangers?

Paper in reporting the news shocker.

That is news. The fact that people are making things up or over reacting is not of the making of the Newsquest people.

No wonder we get shat on if we are taking the huff because news outlets report actual news.

It isn't the media who should have been taken to task over both these stories - it is the liars like Humza and Dornan who played along with this bullshit and never backed down even when it was confirmed as bullshit.

If there was a Rangers supporters body worthy of the name then we could have presented our side of the story to the papers for the George Square stuff. As it was there was nobody stepping forward.

Chris Jack works for the Times
He is as big a bear as Billy Staunch McWilliams, from Williamsburg, Arzona

So it’s OK to have Rangers fans being tricked into subscribing to something that carries the sort of headlines we saw about our title celebrations in George Square.
It’s OK for Rangers fans to be tricked into supporting an organization that gleefully reported untrue allegations about our players singing sectarian songs.
There are so many countless instances of Newsquest titles writing falsehoods and malicious nonsense about the football club and its fans that it is almost beyond belief that anyone cannot see how dangerous this is.
The traditional newspapers are dying on their ass, so the only way they are going to replace that revenue is by pretending to be friendly organizations that they’re clearly not.
It might be more important, and more accurate, to challenge those in our support who buy these newspapers.
Or, those who vote SNP.

It might be more important, and more accurate, to challenge those in our support who buy these newspapers.
Or, those who vote SNP.
It’s an important point and might be more affective if the club set an example.
Groups of supporters did a big leafleting campaign for tactical voting that I contributed to for the last election
It really would not take a lot for the club to perhaps openly identify those we see as our political and media foes….
And then leave people to make the decisions as to whether they continue to support those political and media detractors.

I subscribe. The content is good. I don't feel connected to their work the way I do with H&H and I never will. I also feel like if the RR was part of a conspiracy against Rangers then we wouldn't see the cross pollination that occurs between that site and H&H.

McFarlane is a throbber though, there's no denying that.

I actually despair.

Is that your evidence that Newsquest are anti Rangers?

Paper in reporting the news shocker.

That is news. The fact that people are making things up or over reacting is not of the making of the Newsquest people.

No wonder we get shat on if we are taking the huff because news outlets report actual news.

It isn't the media who should have been taken to task over both these stories - it is the liars like Humza and Dornan who played along with this bullshit and never backed down even when it was confirmed as bullshit.

If there was a Rangers supporters body worthy of the name then we could have presented our side of the story to the papers for the George Square stuff. As it was there was nobody stepping forward.
They didn’t even bother to ask if there was any legitimacy to the video, nor did they conduct the most basic of scrutiny tests.
This was never ‘news’.
I was involved with writing news stories for decades and this would never have passed the test.
In the days of decent journalism, much more work would have gone into establishing whether or not the material was real or doctored.
You certainly wouldn’t have blitheky published a call for an inquiry from a pipsqueak politician.
This was not news but proof of an agenda against Rangers from people at the top of the editorial chain working with the SNP to do damage to the club brand.

Like many of you, I have received a newsletter today from Rangers.co.uk promoting the Rangers Review website.
The Rangers Review Is owned by the same company publishes the national, Glasgow times and The Herald.
That company is called Newsquest and I believe it is one of our biggest enemies.
And yet the official rangers.co.uk newsletter is promoting subscriptions for it.

Too right mate.Our fanbase should know exactly who they are funding and you ve done your bit in highlighting it .Most wouldn't be aware of who is behind that site
Ignore the shipers and keep up the good work

It’s really quite simple. Support and use fan media only. You’ll get all the coverage you need from the likes of H&H, Four Kads, and CJ Novo. If you add RTV to the list there is no need to go to any other mainstream outlet

OP getting slaughtered I see, but I agree with him.

Chris Jack I know is clearly one of us, but other than him, am struggling to think of any of the other main writers who are bears - I must have missed them in the blizzard…

OP getting slaughtered I see, but I agree with him.

Chris Jack I know is clearly one of us, but other than him, am struggling to think of any of the other main writers who are bears - I must have missed them in the blizzard…

Stevie Clifford writes for the RR too.

I don't really see him willingly associating with a cabal of Rangers-haters.

Stevie Clifford writes for the RR too.

I don't really see him willingly associating with a cabal of Rangers-haters.
It’s not the guys who run the RR who are the problem, it’s the fact that the RR is owned by people who would see us dead quite happily.
Other people in the same company who publish lies about our club and our fans.
Ones that published horrific lies about the George Square celebrations and immediately condemned our players for sectarian singing when that doctored video was released after the title winning celebrations.

They didn’t even bother to ask if there was any legitimacy to the video, nor did they conduct the most basic of scrutiny tests.
This was never ‘news’.
I was involved with writing news stories for decades and this would never have passed the test.
In the days of decent journalism, much more work would have gone into establishing whether or not the material was real or doctored.
You certainly wouldn’t have blitheky published a call for an inquiry from a pipsqueak politician.
This was not news but proof of an agenda against Rangers from people at the top of the editorial chain working with the SNP to do damage to the club brand.

It was news mate. It was all over the Internet and being run by every other news outlet in Scotland. Everyone knew it was bullshit but when senior ministers and police are involved, it is newsworthy in 2022.

If it was the herald itself calling for the investigation then I would agree with you but it wasn't. I know it is laughable but humza is one of the snps senior minister, he is not pipsqueak. I know humza in any position of authority is laughable but he is where he is and is newsworthy.

In this day and age when sectarianism is hot news, it is expected for a news outlet to run with the basic facts of the story, albeit bullshit.

I disagree that this is proof of an agenda. I know people who work there who are Rangers fans and they are not part of any agenda.

I wish someone had told me many years ago. Would have saved me from drinking nothing but McEwan's Lager for season after season!
Some people still haven’t learned about that. Saw a guy in the Louden on Saturday with 2 cans of McEwan’s Export.

It was news mate. It was all over the Internet and being run by every other news outlet in Scotland. Everyone knew it was bullshit but when senior ministers and police are involved, it is newsworthy in 2022.

If it was the herald itself calling for the investigation then I would agree with you but it wasn't. I know it is laughable but humza is one of the snps senior minister, he is not pipsqueak. I know humza in any position of authority is laughable but he is where he is and is newsworthy.

In this day and age when sectarianism is hot news, it is expected for a news outlet to run with the basic facts of the story, albeit bullshit.

I disagree that this is proof of an agenda. I know people who work there who are Rangers fans and they are not part of any agenda.
There have been plenty of other instances though where those newspapers have overlooked clear evidence of appalling behavior from the other side and never reported it
Apart from the obvious one, the massive scandal that is going on now, there was video footage of them singing their secretarian bile in a tunnel that was sent to all their newsrooms and not a word was said.
I think you’re naïve to believe there is no agenda at the top of the editorial tree in these organizations.
If that was the case, then we would regularly see many more stories about how they behave (anti-British) and not the sycophantic coverage that is pretty well wall-to-wall with these three publications as well as the daily retard and the scum

If this is part of the £25K press package deal then I don't recall a similar email from the club suggesting I sign up for Heart and Hand? Maybe there was and I missed it but I don't think so.

I've read a few RR articles as they seem to allow you a couple for free every month. They are well detailed and researched. I thought they were pretty good and trying to copy The Athletic style of a deep dive into a topic, player or tactic with lots of video and stat evidence.

If it was different owners I might be tempted to sign up for the trial £1 for 2 months.

We sat back and allowed the filth take over the airwaves,tv and press and we have suffered as a club and support to the extent that we very nearly didn't have a club
Moan at the op for `banging his drum` but it's all to familiar to those who moaned at the many who started `banging their drum`about Murray in the early 90s
I wouldn't know who the owners were if the op hadn't informed the site much like i wouldn't know the owners of the god awful open goal due to here
The filth sneaked in the back door and started controlling the narrative in all forms of media and you can already see them attempt the same online with their Scottish football content

I firmly believe that Newsquest is anti Rangers and have been for many years. I recall complaining to Tim Blott, the Newsquest MD about the continued lies that the Herald printed about us back in 2006, and there's nothing that the organisation has done since then to make me change my mind in the slightest, and their continued support of the loss-making The National just reinforces my view.

I'm not saying that everyone who works for their subsidiary newspapers is anti-Rangers but Newsquest itself inherently is, in my view.

There have been plenty of other instances though where those newspapers have overlooked clear evidence of appalling behavior from the other side and never reported it
Apart from the obvious one, the massive scandal that is going on now, there was video footage of them singing their secretarian bile in a tunnel that was sent to all their newsrooms and not a word was said.
I think you’re naïve to believe there is no agenda at the top of the editorial tree in these organizations.
If that was the case, then we would regularly see many more stories about how they behave (anti-British) and not the sycophantic coverage that is pretty well wall-to-wall with these three publications as well as the daily retard and the scum

I simply don't buy into any media outlet (apart from the BBC) having an agenda against Rangers.

I know there are vermin within all media sources but there are Bears there also.

The problem is the scum handle their relationship with the msm far better than we do - our media relations are appalling.

When it comes to sectarianism, their side is much more vocal and active about highlighting it. They have more scum focus groups highlighting (and also lying about) behaviour against their community. It also helps them when they have prominent MSPs backing their claims and they do have go to journalists who are happy to cover their pish. We have nobody speaking for us - maybe you could do it mate with your writing background :) :)

The pro Union groups on Facebook post articles that show up the SNP and independence for the fxxk up that they are. The Herald easily has the most links on these sites.

I firmly believe that Newsquest is anti Rangers and have been for many years. I recall complaining to Tim Blott, the Newsquest MD about the continued lies that the Herald printed about us back in 2006, and there's nothing that the organisation has done since then to make me change my mind in the slightest, and their continued support of the loss-making The National just reinforces my view.

I'm not saying that everyone who works for their subsidiary newspapers is anti-Rangers but Newsquest itself inherently is, in my view.

If that is your view then that is your view mate. I beg to differ based on what my friends who work there tell me.

We have developed a siege mentality that really does us no favours.

Blott was not anti Rangers and the guy who took over from him Graham Morrison was a Rangers fan.

So you were quite happy to read the lies about how our fans trashed George Sq or the nonsense about the doctored video of our players apparently singing sectarian songs when celebrating the title.
Those publications will continue to peddle their lies and damage the Rangers brand and yet the commercial team are happy to get into bed with the same organization.
This is nothing to do with supporting the team.
This is to ensure that those supporters know who Rangers are doing business with.
It is similar to Sydney and that is not going to go away anytime soon.
Some of our fellow supporters are difficult to work out .......they're the same ones that vote SNP , watch sportscene and listen to Radio Scotland and Radio Clyde , and buy the rhecord., because they can't be bothered complaining . This is why the organisation's mentioned have a field day at every opportunity to demean us and why they get away with it . Well done mate for pointing it out , we can only hope it registers with these folk eventually.

I simply don't buy into any media outlet (apart from the BBC) having an agenda against Rangers.

I know there are vermin within all media sources but there are Bears there also.

The problem is the scum handle their relationship with the msm far better than we do - our media relations are appalling.

When it comes to sectarianism, their side is much more vocal and active about highlighting it. They have more scum focus groups highlighting (and also lying about) behaviour against their community. It also helps them when they have prominent MSPs backing their claims and they do have go to journalists who are happy to cover their pish. We have nobody speaking for us - maybe you could do it mate with your writing background :) :)

The pro Union groups on Facebook post articles that show up the SNP and independence for the fxxk up that they are. The Herald easily has the most links on these sites.
You choose to believe your buddies as you decide.
However, the only Scottish MSM reporting the worst scandal in footballing history are the Express and The Times of London.
Maybe if your pals at the Gerald, The Natsional and the Glesca Tims did their job properly, then that vile institution would not be allowed to manipulate the news agenda.
The reason why the pressure groups you mention exist is because a compliant SMSM are ready and willing to feed off of them.
The lack of investigative reporting of the big scandal tells you all you need to know.
If this was England, the scum would be closed down by now and so toxic they would have no friends in the media.
The ‘go to’ sources for. ‘News’ in Scotland are all Scum sympathizers/SNP/GCC.
I am afraid your argument holds no water.
If your mates had been doing their job even remotely properly, the Scum would already have been sunk without trace instead of ruling the waves.
The agenda is as easy to see in the rest of the SMSM as it is at the BBC.
Both The Times and the Scottish Daily Express are the only ones who have acted with any integrity.
Rangers media handling may not be good but when you are trying to talk to people who don’t want to listen, you can never win.

The thread title reads like something off the tinder swindler.

RANGERS NOW TRYING TO FUND OUR ENEMIES!

SEND MONEY NOW!!

PETER IS DOWN!

FLA-eCrXEAEsE_G.jpg

'I simply don't buy into any media outlet (apart from the BBC) having an agenda against Rangers'.

After the last 10 if not 30 years and with respect, that is an incredible statement to make.

If your assertion that there are bears in all media sources is true, we can only wonder if they are all making the tea and filling the vending machine as they certainly haven't been in senior positions, the type of positions which have deliberately caused a longstanding and damaging impact on the club and supporters to the point of demonisation in our own country.

Back