Eddie Gray - Mr Leeds

Loved watching Eddie as a boy...one of the reasons Leeds are my English team...a fantastic Scottish connection at that time and made lots of good friends through going down to see them over the years.

In the 70's Leeds United had a number of excellent Scots

Eddie Gray, Frank Gray, Billy Bremner, Peter Lorimer, Joe Jordan and Gordon McQueen being the ones that spring readily to mind.

Always thought this about Eddie to be tbh. Used to always be on sky sports talking about Leeds. It happens doesn’t it. Not your local or childhood team but a bond occurs.

We used to see it all the time too. Although, all those non-scots who “love” Rangers were here when we loved them for the success. Not the same for the non-scots who were here 2012-16. Got to be successful or you’ll be forgotten.

After the playoff defeat to Derby he was at Leeds bus station around 11:30 pm saw me sitting with leeds top on and expressed his disappointment at the result , upon hearing my accent enquired where is travelled from and seemed genuinely interested that I'd made the journey from North of aberdeen so chatted a 10 minutes or so ....... cool story bro and all that

Seemed very decent

Eddie and Frankie Gray, Arthur Graham and Jimmy Lumsden all came from Castlemilk and were at Leeds at the same time.

Eddie and Jimmy Lumsden had shares in an ice-cream van that went around the scheme; BEJ ICES, the B stood for Bobby the driver.

Last edited:
Taught him all he knew as I used to play football with him as he lived in Cavin Drive and I lived round the corner in Croftfoot Quad in Castlemilk. Can't remember what Catholic school he went to as at that time there wasn't a Catholic secondary school in Castlemilk only Glenwood where I went.

Taught him all he knew as I used to play football with him as he lived in Cavin Drive and I lived round the corner in Croftfoot Quad in Castlemilk. Can't remember what Catholic school he went to as at that time there wasn't a Catholic secondary school in Castlemilk only Glenwood where I went.
I also went to Glenwood Tommy.

Used to love Leeds when I was a kid, like many others it was the large Scottish contingent that made them my favourite team down south - well, until we played them in the CL qualifier….I’m afraid there was only one team I wanted to win that game and my love for Leeds lessened after that - still look out for their results though

In the 70's Leeds United had a number of excellent Scots

Eddie Gray, Frank Gray, Billy Bremner, Peter Lorimer, Joe Jordan and Gordon McQueen being the ones that spring readily to mind.
Also the goalkeepers David Harvey and David Stewart.

Edit..a few already beat me to it.

Back