MOTM Poll St Mirren v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Negatives - injuries and turgid in first half.

Positives - Davis, King, Wright, Sands and Sakala and Barasic second half. Roofe getting a hat-trick obviously. Resting key players ahead of Thursday/Sunday.

Ultra-negatives - Racial abuse of the Rangers Captain.

Roofe for the hat-trick but honourable mentions to Barisic (welcome back son) and Aribo. Thought Borna looked much more like his old self and Aribo did a lot of breaking up play. His goal was the best of the game also. Good days work Rangers all round.

Too little too late. Where were these performances earlier in the season when we were struggling to beat shite like st mirren?

Only hope is that it gives us confidence for the next 2 games but I won't hold my breath

That wasn't a performance

Agree with that other than Davis "has to play every game" Sadly, I thought he looked well off it today against very poor opposition.
You thought Davis was well off it today, wow I must have been watching another game. Apart from 1 shocking pass he controlled the game very well with lots of positive forward passes and good control.

Probably the strangest game I have seen in a long time.....

Will take a 4-0 away win regardless of the circumstances after the week we have had.

Happy with the win though it should have been more but this constant unnecessary passing at the back is soul destroying. I have not seen any top flight team do it as much as we do.
One instance half way through the second half we get a foul half way into their half right in the centre. Davies passes it all the way back into our own half which gets pushed wide where we immediately lose possession. Soul destroying stuff

Roofe clearly Motm but special mention for Barasic who has definitely played his way into the team for Thursday. Davis has done the same. Great to see King play well under little pressure but looks very comfortable on the ball

Great finishing by Roofe which will be great for his confidence on Thursday. What a difference to have a leader organising things on the pitch when Davis came on. Midfield much more confident playing passes forward. I would definitely start him on Thursday.

What a difference it was playing to suit individual strengths (notably Roofe's) rather rigidly sticking to the same system. Great confidence boost for Roofe

Special shout out to Davis too, he's still got it

Roofe MOTM, although thought Aribo was superb today and ran him close. Barasic good as well. As for Ramsey, he offered very little today against a poor St Mirren team, and it should be clear to all just why our manager has been leaving him out.

First half was dire apart from 1st 5 minutes and last 5 minutes of the half.

Enjoyed the second half with the freshness of the substitutions (a couple of which were enforced).

Apart from Roofe and Barisic I though Aribo looked as if he's getting his mojo back.

I am a bit more confident about Braga after that.

Last edited:
Too little too late. Where were these performances earlier in the season when we were struggling to beat shite like st mirren?

Only hope is that it gives us confidence for the next 2 games but I won't hold my breath
Well, I'm happy!

Wonder what Robinson will have a moan about after the game. There's always something with that wee bawbag.
Its like manager one 0 one...we wis robbed etc.
Same shite from most of them albeit I was slightly surprised when we beat hertz 5-0 their manager didn't go down that route.

No idea why anyone would vote Barisic ahead of Roofe.
It's a way of showing appreciation for a player who's had a solid game when there is an outright indisputable MOTM winner and one more vote for that clear MOTM is not going to make any difference.

Like I said I wasn’t particularly looking forward to today’s game but I was pleasantly surprised at the performance and the amount of chances we created.get good service into roofe and today is what he can do.borna looked more like himself which was pleasing

Enjoyed that. Got the goals at excellent times and the team showed more confidence. Should have been a lot more.

A few questions for Gio, although injuries may dictate any decisions for Thursday.

Get the team in that will stop this nervous, turgid, side-to-side passing in defensive third (witness the state of play for most of first half), and play with forward momentum and verve - and we win. It's that simple.

Negatives - injuries and turgid in first half.

Positives - Davis, King, Wright, Sands and Sakala and Barasic second half. Roofe getting a hat-trick obviously. Resting key players ahead of Thursday/Sunday.

Ultra-negatives - Racial abuse of the Rangers Captain.
What's this?

Davis struggled at times when he was being closed down. He doesnt have the pace over 5 yards anymore to get himeslf out of trouble when these jobbers are baring down on him. He tries these little dinks to get himeslf free of trouble and they generally come off the man running onto him. Three times he did that today and his back passes from inside the oposition half are not ideal when there are men in space. It sort of points to why Gio hasn't been using him.

Roofe is a penalty box striker if we have players up close to him he'll put away 2 out of 3 chances because he's a decent finisher. I thought Aribo tried today but didn't run at their defence enough for me. His goal however was a peach. When he can do that its just something else he doesn't do enough of for me. I thought Borna looked controlled and over the fatigue he seemed to be suffering from before Bassey took his place. I thought Fashion was better on the left in the second half and young King slotted in nicely. He didn't look out of place whereever he found himself on the park. His cross from wide and his passes to either side were pretty decent technically better than any of our other CH's.

Kemar Roofe my MOTM.

I expected a far tighter game than 4-0. Controlled the game from start to finish. Great hat-trick from Roofe. Joe played well 2nd half and a stunning goal. Should have been 6-0 at least. Amad missed a sitter and how Wright missed his almost open goal was disappointing. Overall, a good afternoon.

Who's the oldest of the 3 McGinn brothers? This Stephen one looks like he's at the least deformed end of the scale.

we won 4 nil great, but it should have been ten if we stop this horshoe walking football , i would like to see a count of forward to backward passes. Roofe is the only guy in our team who could have scored with those headers we have to play to his strengths no more high punts into the box . Aribo in the second half actually put in some effort and showed the player he could be . We are up 4 nil against st mirren and still knock the ball about the defence when we should be going at them , all the pace was on the park and we still dont use it . How many times did Ramsey pass it back in the first half ? So many of our midfield pass it back to goldson and point to where he should pass , just do it your feckin self , i wish they would learn to turn with the ball .

Few dodgy moments but think he’s still very valuable if he’s fully up to speed, controls everything in the middle of the park when he’s on form
Ok, maybe I need to take another look. Anyhow, he has been a tremendous player for us and I'd love to see him end his career on another high.

Don't knock it. We won. I think having Davis in the team today helped and I hope that the magager realises that as well.

The problem is too many are happy just winning , we should be hammering these teams and improve our standards

Back