MOTM Poll St Mirren v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wright has always been direct and looked good up to a point. His end product is generally woeful.
He’s garbage. There’s a reason he didn’t get a game for the sheep. Tbh he wouldn’t be a regular starter with most teams in this league. Thankfully he will be off next season.

Last edited:
we won 4 nil great, but it should have been ten if we stop this horshoe walking football , i would like to see a count of forward to backward passes. Roofe is the only guy in our team who could have scored with those headers we have to play to his strengths no more high punts into the box . Aribo in the second half actually put in some effort and showed the player he could be . We are up 4 nil against st mirren and still knock the ball about the defence when we should be going at them , all the pace was on the park and we still dont use it . How many times did Ramsey pass it back in the first half ? So many of our midfield pass it back to goldson and point to where he should pass , just do it your feckin self , i wish they would learn to turn with the ball .
Happy with the result then

The pass left, right, right, back, right, left, left, back was once again looking like it was going to stifle any creativity out of our play and make it a boring watch, however the enforced sub of Helander seemed to change the approach.
Whether consciously or not they seemed to start looking forward for a pass.
Maybe trying to protect King, who in fairness did well, but the game changed.
St M were pretty poor, in fact I don’t remember them getting a corner until the 81st minute which obviously helped with the nerves as our goalie had no real need to come off his line.
This and the other subs led to a freshness and perhaps a desire to get forward and impress.
For once there was actually some service to the front players and Roofe took full advantage.
Joe Aribo looked more like himself than he’s done since AFCON and Borna looked much like the Borna of old.
Hopefully the management team recognised that the greater variety in the play led to a decent result and we start playing more often with that sort of urgency and desire.
Good to see Amad get a run out too and I thought he did well.
On to Thursday and hope the success of a positive approach is recognised and used to good effect then and on Sunday.

The manager is going to have no choice but to acknowledge Davis as judging by the type of injury Lundstram might’ve picked up I suspect he will not be playing in the next two games at least.
The manager has frozen out Roofe, Lundstram & now Davis who have all come good when we've virtually been forced to use them..

This is why I struggle to find positive side of GVB getting his players....if he makes the same kind of decisions domestically, the outcome isn't going to change with different players.

Let's be honest that'll be nothing new for the rapey chunt..
I still think he's trying to get fairness points in the full knowledge that the league will probably go to his chums.He wasn't as critical today as he's been in the past.Can't quite put my finger on to, but he sounds more content than usual to praise Rangers now that he perceives the league a foregone conclusion.We only have ourselves to blame for this position sadly.

No doubt Davis has been an excellent player for us but today I did not see much. Gave a pass to one of their players which could have cost us a goal. Rarely moved at any pace and never look like getting forward or running to close them down.
I think along with McGregor it is time at the end of the season to say thank you and goodbye.
Liked to see Wright come on and have a run forward at them although should have scored when given a fairly easy chance.
One day Diallo will be a good player with proper coaching and would have liked to have seen more of him however did miss an other fairly easy chance.

No doubt Davis has been an excellent player for us but today I did not see much. Gave a pass to one of their players which could have cost us a goal. Rarely moved at any pace and never look like getting forward or running to close them down.
I think along with McGregor it is time at the end of the season to say thank you and goodbye.
Liked to see Wright come on and have a run forward at them although should have scored when given a fairly easy chance.
One day Diallo will be a good player with proper coaching and would have liked to have seen more of him however did miss an other fairly easy chance.
Wow.

we won 4 nil great, but it should have been ten if we stop this horshoe walking football , i would like to see a count of forward to backward passes. Roofe is the only guy in our team who could have scored with those headers we have to play to his strengths no more high punts into the box . Aribo in the second half actually put in some effort and showed the player he could be . We are up 4 nil against st mirren and still knock the ball about the defence when we should be going at them , all the pace was on the park and we still dont use it . How many times did Ramsey pass it back in the first half ? So many of our midfield pass it back to goldson and point to where he should pass , just do it your feckin self , i wish they would learn to turn with the ball .
Scott Wright actually made a difference. Taking it in and turning, driving through the midfield and at the defence. It meant they couldn't just sit in as he was breaking the lines.
It was just something different, and unsettled them a little, as first half they could read us like a book.
King,I thought, also made a difference as he looked to pass forward, but not just to the full backs. He mixed it up a little.

Welcome back to Scottish football Steven Robinson we are sure your attacking home formation of 4-5-1 will be a great asset to the SPFL, we've missed you.

Did I hear the commentator say St Mirren have lost 7 out of 8 games since Robinson returned ? I wouldn't be surprised.

Disappointing that we save this for a game that means absolutely nothing.

Nothing has changed, we need to ensure the manager is replaced for next season, or wait for him to cost us £40m again because let me tell you, Gio will never deliver us a title.
FFS starting all over again is not a financial option.
GVB is here for at least another season.
No offence to you but we are on the brink of a European semi-final and if we get through it could be Atalanta in the semi!
Couldn`t have had a kinder( they took the toys out of the egg for safety reasons as a Mr Brown of Glasgow almost choked to death on a yellow aeroplane) draw.
Rangers v Barcelona!
What a final that would be!

Last edited:
Hopefully that gives us a bit of confidence coz for the first 40 mins we had none
Good to see Roofe get his goals
Barasic was good
As was Aribo
Quite liked Amad as a false 9 as well

Would like to see us try to stretch the game against Braga and Celtic with pace up front

I will save judgement until after Sunday. St Mirren are terrible, lets see how good the manager and team are against Braga and Celtic.

First half was dire apart from 1st 5 minutes and last 5 minutes of the half.

Enjoyed the second half with the freshness of the substitutions (a couple of which were enforced).

Apart from Roofe and Barisic I though Aribo looked as if he's getting his mojo back.

I am a bit more confident about Braga after that.
Same mate. If Aribo and Barisic can replicate that on Thursday we're in with a shout. Also, I think Davis has to start on Thursday too. He's always looking to get us playing forward.

Scott Wright actually made a difference. Taking it in and turning, driving through the midfield and at the defence. It meant they couldn't just sit in as he was breaking the lines.
It was just something different, and unsettled them a little, as first half they could read us like a book.
King,I thought, also made a difference as he looked to pass forward, but not just to the full backs. He mixed it up a little.
Scott Wright had a decent game, driving at them at pace.Only trouble is,he doesn't do it often enough for me which is annoying,because he's got great speed and gives defenders something to think about.

I think playing St Mirren was the biggest help.
Davis most likely won't feature again this season.
Sadly Gio will more likely go back to his tried and trusted now for Europe, and despite this impressive performance.
How you drop Steven Davis as many as he has this season for quite honestly John Lundstrum?
Baffling.

The 2nd half display should be our standard. First half was the usual turgid stuff. Was really nice to watch when we played with some swaz!.

Scott Wright had a decent game, driving at them at pace.Only trouble is,he doesn't do it often enough for me which is annoying,because he's got great speed and gives defenders something to think about.
Remember we are talking about St. Mirren here.
And if you can’t play decently against them, you shouldn’t be at this club.
Been a massive disappointment over all.

Who's the oldest of the 3 McGinn brothers? This Stephen one looks like he's at the least deformed end of the scale.
Did their Dad not play the banjo in a famous film from the '70's.

Ronny Cox accompanied him on guitar in a rendition of 'Duelling Banjos'. :)) :))

Agree with that. Both looked to get forward which is something we lack

The backwards passing bugs the shit out of me, kills all momentum allowing opposition time to re-shape.

I thought Steven Davis played very well. Mobile and tidy and dictated the pace. He could do a job for us on Thursday
We have suffered badly without him this season. None of our other players apart from a fully fit Ryan Jack can do what he does. I think the lack of a replacement signing at the start of this season has been a huge factor in our form.

Back