Calvin Bassey in one short video clip

Why does nobody seem able to count days all of a sudden? Yesterday's game was less than 3 full days since Thursday, which makes our efforts even more incredible. Where are folk getting 4 days from?

I noticed this in English's BBC piece also. Had me so confused I ended up counting the days on my fingers :))

Certainly some rough edges in the technical department to iron out but he’s got the heart of a winner and is like a fooking machine physically. Got the world at his feet and can see him making us some serious cash in the coming years.

Contracted until May 2024 so just over 2 years to go. We should be trying now to get him extended, at the very least to ensure we get a good fee if he leaves in a year or two. He looks like he “gets it” as regards our club and plenty of development to come you would think. A couple of so more years with us and he might be absolutely outstanding. He has been excellent this season. Probably still more a LB than a CB but boy has he come on a tonne as a CB since last season / the start of this season.

I've been saying since the Arsenal pre-season game that I love this guy. Definitely my player of the season.

I keep thinking that he's going to fk the idea of jumping over the advertising board and just run through them without breaking stride and destroying them

And I bet he fkn could

That actually looks like he has been speeded up and the rest are normal pace. Boy will be off to the NFL if someone notices that. I bet he would do well in that combine they do.

Athletically and physically, the size and general fitness of the young boys coming through the English U23 and U18 leagues is astounding in comparison to the Scottish equivalent.

He’s some athlete i think we’ll have a job keeping hold of him. My player of the season
He’s exactly the type of player PL clubs want. Big, strong, powerful, fast, multiple positions. And still only 22. I hope he’s with us for years, but I do see him in the PL at some stage.

Already got a lot of first team experience in big domestic and European games as well.

That actually looks like he has been speeded up and the rest are normal pace. Boy will be off to the NFL if someone notices that. I bet he would do well in that combine they do.

Was reading this article a couple months ago.

Guy from Aberdeen who had never even played American Football as of 2017 now earning 15 million a year or something in the NFL.

"I ran a 10.8 second 100m and that made people turn their heads. They saw I was big and fast and that is a recipe for American football in their eyes, so I gave it a shot," he explained.
''I was athletic, I could jump, I won the pre-state championship for track, so people were like 'wow, this big guy...' So from then on, people were in my ear saying 'you have got to try, you have got to try'."

Nobody tell big Bassey, he'd be a star over there.

The flasher looks like an old man trying to keep up with him there.

Absolutely love Calvin, power, pace, a lovely left foot, serious ability and an incredible attitude. He will be very highly sought after. The kid has everything.

Was reading this article a couple months ago.

Guy from Aberdeen who had never even played American Football as of 2017 now earning 15 million a year or something in the NFL.

"I ran a 10.8 second 100m and that made people turn their heads. They saw I was big and fast and that is a recipe for American football in their eyes, so I gave it a shot," he explained.
''I was athletic, I could jump, I won the pre-state championship for track, so people were like 'wow, this big guy...' So from then on, people were in my ear saying 'you have got to try, you have got to try'."

Nobody tell big Bassey, he'd be a star over there.
That’s exactly it. All the top athletes in American college sport go to the NFL as it’s a sport where endurance isn’t really needed as they play such short plays.

Back