Will Koeman survive at Everton.

That was the best performance of the week tbf - showed 10x more cojones than they did against Spurs.

Who knows, rumours about him banging brasses in Ellesmere Port...Rooney having an influence on the club already!

Getting humped 4-nil I think he will skip "the dreaded board off confidence speech" and straight to be driven out the back door at speed.

They actually did well until they gifted United the second goal and collapsed.

Still all in all they've been really poor and I don't think he'll last

They've had a terrible schedule to start the season. Man Utd, Man City, Spurs and Chelsea in the first five.

Next three EPL games are home to Burnley and Bournemouth, and away to Brighton. Those are the games Kooman should be judged on.

It was never a four goal game but that is the way it goes very often when you need a break. Three big defeats in three games this week puts Koeman under pressure. Although I don't think Everton will do to Koeman what Palace did to De Boer, he will need to stop the rot asap.

The final result flattered Man Utd tbh.
Apart from the first 20 mins, Everton were still in the game and with a chance of getting something from the match until the second goal went in and then they just went into meltdown.
As dcbear says above, his next three games will decide if he's still in a job next month.

A couple of bad results and this is now the norm for talk, brightest "young" manager a matter of months ago. He bought almost a whole squad ffs! More often than not it takes a while in such a case...

I think so. Tough start to the season for them but they will still comfortably finish best of the rest. Possibly above their city rivals.

I really like him as a manager, like what he is trying to do with Everton too but it really doesn't appear to be happening for him this season.

Reminds me of Warburton in a way. When it's good, it's great. When it's bad, it's awful.

Spent a lot of money and in last 3 games have conceded 10 and scored none.
His next couple of games are crucial.

Loved him as a player but have real reservations about him as a manager.
Who does that remind me of?.......:rolleyes:

Made some really bad signings, Keane, Rooney and the goalie being the worst.

I think Keane & Pickford are ok signings & will prove so over the season.

However they had a really poor transfer window badly needed a pacy CB & to spend big on a striker to replace Lukaku. Probably also needed another pacey attacking mid or winger as they are terribly one paced.

However they have had a horrible run of fixtures so better to judge over the next few.

Rooney missed a good few chances today and at times they could have got a draw. That's all the managers fault though in today's football

A couple of games coming up at Goodison could see them straight back up the table.
Combining Europe though with the Premier League will be a big ask.
Interesting to hear Souness query his negative tactics. And makes me wonder how Caixinha will set us up next weekend.

I wish him well but I fear GN hit the nail on the head when he said Everton are to old for the EPL and need young legs.

Struggling badly at the moment, his comment after UEFA cup match that HE hadn't prepared the team correctly was strange.

he will last until they go to anfield in December and get their arses handed to them as per ususual, then hes out the door

How much has he spent this summer to hopefully secure seventh place again?

The English league is nuts, I really don't envy managers down there who go to any club where there's even a hint of expectation and some money to be spent. They're on a hiding to nothing.

There was talk of Barcelona being interested in Koeman not so long ago. Football can be mental at times.

Made some really bad signings, Keane, Rooney and the goalie being the worst.

Some skysports pundit was raging that Man Utd bought that Swedish defender over Michael Keane. Went on about what was the Swedish guy won blah blah as the usual stuff, this coming after Burnley has been in a relegation battle all season.

Near enough all the pundits are rotten.

Coming on the heels of de Boer getting bumped from Palace this speculation about Koeman, seemingly very secure about a month ago, makes you wonder if clubs won't abandon fixed term contracts and the ensuing compensation when it goes wrong.

How long until we see the first football manager on a zero hours contract?

I think the board will be running out of patience although apart from the first and last 10 minutes they were the best team by far today, a really good performance and unlucky not to get something from the game.

Although, as other posters have mentioned, it's all about results and they are on a terrible run at the moment.

On a side note. Was Rooney worth taking? Considering his wages

He's pretty bad now, thought he was mince today too. Bless couple of great chances too.

Was watching it on bein sports and the pundits were concerned before the game that he doesn't appear to know what system to use and what his beat team is.
With no pace upfront like yesterday they will struggle to score goals from open play no matter the opposition

Back