Supporters own chartered flights for Euro aways

Galstonian Oranje

Official Ticketer
How hard would it be to do this? I know nothing about it, so genuine question.

Given the numbers we travel in, could it be an option to explore? The official trips and sport options are always over subscribed or a logistical shamble. The amount of indy travelers who take over commercial flights is incredible.

I was on the late Prague to Manchester flight last night and there was easily 50 Rangers supporters on that one alone.

The demand could be there but I'm sure there will be more to it than meets the eye.

How hard would it be to do this? I know nothing about it, so genuine question.

Given the numbers we travel in, could it be an option to explore? The official trips and sport options are always over subscribed or a logistical shamble. The amount of indy travelers who take over commercial flights is incredible.

I was on the late Prague to Manchester flight last night and there was easily 50 Rangers supporters on that one alone.

The demand could be there but I'm sure there will be more to it than meets the eye.
and how would that be funded to secure a plane in the time between games?

I get people are pissed off when things go a bit off with the trips , but it’s short notice charters to places that (like erfurt) may not be able / aren’t used to dealing with volume of fans in short space of time (also the police / local authorities / airport rules all got to abide by.

and how would that be funded to secure a plane in the time between games?

I get people are pissed off when things go a bit off with the trips , but it’s short notice charters to places that (like erfurt) may not be able / aren’t used to dealing with volume of fans in short space of time (also the police / local authorities / airport rules all got to abide by.
Haven't a clue mate. That's why I put the question out there for discussion.

I'm sure there will be people on here that will know a lot more about it. As I said, there will be more to it than meets the eye

Yes

But your problem is its not just as simple as chartering it and then going down the plane and going "£350 a head please"

You're getting into the realms of it being a business, ATOL certification etc etc

Is it impossible, no probably not

Is it best left to the likes of Sport Options, very much so

Now, if the club were to take it absolutely in house, then I'd certainly be willing to see if I could help out

Yes

But your problem is its not just as simple as chartering it and then going down the plane and going "£350 a head please"

You're getting into the realms of it being a business, ATOL certification etc etc

Is it impossible, no probably not

Is it best left to the likes of Sport Options, very much so

Now, if the club were to take it absolutely in house, then I'd certainly be willing to see if I could help out
I suppose that's one way to get a ticket :))

would think in this day and age it would be hard pressed for simply an RSC to do but im sure a partner could be used for to facilitate the legal side with whoever actually running it

Your next issue that you get into in comparing the prospect with commercial flights is that commercial flights are flinging us off, turning round in anywhere between 25 to 75 minutes and pissing off again - usually full...

They're then doing probably 4-6 more flights before we jump back on them to come home

Straight away, to get Glasgow flights organised - you're looking at a minimum of 2 empty sectors from the aircrafts home base and back, so that's a cost

You're then looking at either having it sat on the ground for 12+ hours. That is a cost and then you add in crew hotels, transport and their wages.

Could you reduce the price if you're cutting out CTM and having Rangers run it directly - of course you can.

But ultimately, when it comes to this sort of thing, there will ALWAYS be someone looking to make a profit somewhere

I've always wondered how much a flight would cost to charter, especially when I had a best pal(dog)

Don’t see why we couldn’t chip in for one of those shitey propeller planes and unbolt the seats.

Fiver a skull would cover it.

Bring your own cargo. Could cram in a few hundred.
And the pilot is wearing an orange boiler suit and carrying a box of spanner’s

Inverness had their own Sport Options plane, started off as a block booking on one of the Glasgow ones but they ended up with so many names that Sport Options put on one from up there, 25 of us from Camelon RSC were on it, brilliant trip!
Brilliant mate :D

Back