Supporters own chartered flights for Euro aways

Hercules would be ideal, tie down spots for cargos and could even fire off red, white and blue chaff as we take off from whatever country we've just been victorious in.
The guy I asked for a number in terms of cost has just replied to me with

"we don't have any seats in them currently, so unless you want to go in a box, I'd recommend easyJet"

You might be closer to the truth than I expected

I've emailed a few companies let's see what the cost comes in at lol. SO could easily do 1 from Belfast and Inverness if we make it through on Thursday.
I'd be amazed if you were looking at less than £40k just for the plane and the associated parking and fuelling costs

Handling charges, and airport related pax charges would be separate and on top of that I'd expect

RSC plane convenor:
"We got a great deal. The plane is missing a piece of the tail, but its got a toilet, and the pilot is sound, he a bit hungover but let's you bring drink on board and plays the tunes on a loop. He also takes no shit from air traffic control, he'll park as close to the stadium as he can so we get a quick take off after the game. We'll be round with a bucket hat for the pilot's tip"

I'd be amazed if you were looking at less than £40k just for the plane and the associated parking and fuelling costs

Handling charges, and airport related pax charges would be separate and on top of that I'd expect

I'll be a lot more than that I'd imagine mate. Your looking like 70k for a A320 size or 757 I'd reckon.

Which would be roughly £350 each if that was the case.

I'll be a lot more than that I'd imagine mate. Your looking like 70k for a A320 size or 757 I'd reckon.
incomparable aircraft though

70k for an A320 is around £350 a head, on a 757 you're looking at £320

Maybe in high season when options are limited you might be pushing towards that, but it'll be less (for now)

I got a quote for Leipzig out of interest after seeing what CTM priced theirs at, 189 seater £250 PP Glasgow to Leipzig, no doubt there would have been some sort of hidden costs etc aswell though, leave it for someone that knows what they're doing I guess :))
Who from out of interest?

That's the ballpark that I was working off

Maybe in high season when options are limited you might be pushing towards that, but it'll be less (for now)
A320 seats 170-180
757 seats 230

A320 seats between 170-180
757 seats 230 esh.

A320 seats 170-180
757 seats 230

A320 seats between 170-180
757 seats 230 esh.
I know

An A320 is also more fuel efficient than a 757, it also requires a crew member less

A 737 and a 320 are comparable

A 757 and a 321 are comparable

A 320 and a 757 are not

You'll be looking at 40-50k for a 320/737
You'll be looking at 50-60k for a 757/321

Sports Options have ran day trips for around £350, and that includes busses and all sorts

I got a quote for Leipzig out of interest after seeing what CTM priced theirs at, 189 seater £250 PP Glasgow to Leipzig, no doubt there would have been some sort of hidden costs etc aswell though, leave it for someone that knows what they're doing I guess :))
There a few other things to take into consideration.if say it's a two night stay depending on if the plane can go and do other flights or if it is parked in the airport and waits there's a lot of costs involved if its just parked up

How hard would it be to do this? I know nothing about it, so genuine question.

Given the numbers we travel in, could it be an option to explore? The official trips and sport options are always over subscribed or a logistical shamble. The amount of indy travelers who take over commercial flights is incredible.

I was on the late Prague to Manchester flight last night and there was easily 50 Rangers supporters on that one alone.

The demand could be there but I'm sure there will be more to it than meets the eye.

There a few other things to take into consideration.if say it's a two night stay depending on if the plane can go and do other flights or if it is parked in the airport and waits there's a lot of costs involved if its just parked up
I think Sport Options managed to play a blinder to an extent this time round

For the 3 flights they ran, they only used 2 aircraft

Am sure an independent did Germany when we played Moscow dynamo in Bochum.
my gaffer organised me to be a steward on one of the buses from the airport into town.

An RSC done this before, think it was for Barca on 2007.
Maybe the Nithsdale loyal?
Edit - found link
It was what a trip they even put a hat round at the end of the flight the Stewardess loved it .

A club 1872 flight would probably end up going to the wrong country……
Somebody may have suggested this is a joke, but if C1872 was actually reasonably competent, organizing charter flights is exactly the sort of activity it should be involved in.
It is probably the only organization with the funds and the corporate structure outside of the club itself that a charter operator would be prepared to do business with.

Inverness True Blues chartered flight in 07 to girona for Barcelona. It was carnage on the plane remember taking own carryout, stewardess tried stopping us then when they back turned half the plane starting cracking open tins.

Coming back bad weather in Inverness. Pilot tried landing on 3 occasion, eventually landed the whole plane starting singing "The Pilot knew".

And sniffer dogs coming back everyone search bar 1, a gentleman called gordy lapsly managed to sneak through customs with a sombrero and a huge box on his shoulders with tobacco written over side.

I did a quick online check and it costs £14k per hour to charter a Booing 737. Holds roughly 180 people. If it were filled to the brim and say a 3 hour flight would work out about £500 per skull, return.

I did a quick online check and it costs £14k per hour to charter a Booing 737. Holds roughly 180 people. If it were filled to the brim and say a 3 hour flight would work out about £500 per skull, return.
Is that the St Mirren version?

Only kidding mate

However, you'll definitely be able to get it cheaper than that, considering this is the first time I've ever seen a day trip close to £500 and it was all 737s we were on

Is that the St Mirren version?

Only kidding mate

However, you'll definitely be able to get it cheaper than that, considering this is the first time I've ever seen a day trip close to £500 and it was all 737s we were on
Bloody spellchecker:))

Surely PD could be pilot at no cost though? :)

How hard would it be to do this? I know nothing about it, so genuine question.

Given the numbers we travel in, could it be an option to explore? The official trips and sport options are always over subscribed or a logistical shamble. The amount of indy travelers who take over commercial flights is incredible.

I was on the late Prague to Manchester flight last night and there was easily 50 Rangers supporters on that one alone.

The demand could be there but I'm sure there will be more to it than meets the eye.
in a previous life I’ve chartered about 10 planes for sports trips, you’ve no idea how difficult and expensive it is with huge financial risk

Sounds like a great idea. A fan chartered plane for fans. No profit making agenda. What could go wrong?
I’m planning to get my pilots license. Might take me a few years. I’ll give you a shout :D

Down side is, I’ll only be able to afford to rent a Cessna. So that’s three of us there :D

Back