UEFA Conference Final Allocations

prenzlauerbear

I hate UEFA. I bet a lot of the delegate tickets get to fans but they have to pay massively over the face value.

This was always going to be a shit show.

That really does have the ingredients of a balls up. Both will take a few fans won’t they and I doubt the Albania Police are too skilled in crowd dispersal.

They need to stop announcing stadiums holding finals months in advance.

the 3 European finals all have traditional clubs with massive followings, they should be waiting to see who qualifies then look at stadium capacities for the clubs that qualify for the final.
I was going to say that would hamper organisation for the host cities, but it sounds like Seville has organised bugger all apart from some inflatables and a couple of giant trophies.

Guessing this stadium was chosen as UEFA didn’t know how well the tournament would be received. Think its generally been positive would imagine it’ll be better stadiums going forward

This game should have been held in Munich. Our final, Amsterdam. They lucked out with the CL final. There’s absolutely no reason why they couldn’t wait to see what clubs made the final.

Was the lowest capacity of the 4 that were put forward also for 2023 final, tomorrow they will decide the venue for that

21px-Flag_of_Albania.svg.png

Albania
Arena KombëtareTirana22,500Bid for 2019 and 2020 UEFA Super Cup
23px-Flag_of_France_%28lighter_variant%29.svg.png

France
Stade Geoffroy-GuichardSaint-Étienne41,965Hosted matches at UEFA Euro 1984 and 2016, 1998 FIFA World Cup, 2003 FIFA Confederations Cup
23px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png

Greece
Pankritio StadiumHeraklion26,240Hosted matches at 2004 Olympic football tournament
23px-Flag_of_North_Macedonia.svg.png

North Macedonia
Toše Proeski ArenaSkopje33,460Hosted 2017 UEFA Super Cup

Was the lowest capacity of the 4 that were put forward also for 2023 final, tomorrow they will decide the venue for that

It has to go to France surely, they need to allocate stadiums with a minimum of 50k going forward. Fans will fill them for a final.

Delegates and Sponsors is their cover for just putting them on secondary ticketing websites I reckon.

Seen one ticketing website that had 900 tickets available for our final. How is that even possible otherwise?

Probably worth just paying the tout prices for our game knowing that somewhere down the line you can bump some other poor sod when you are successful in a ballot

This is what happens when we the supporters vote in our numbers against their super league. They will always have the upper hand to f--k supporters over, regardless of our good intentions in keeping football for the people.

It has to go to France surely, they need to allocate stadiums with a minimum of 50k going forward. Fans will fill them for a final.
Quite possible they might try for that now after 2 bigger teams reached the 1st final of it

That really does have the ingredients of a balls up. Both will take a few fans won’t they and I doubt the Albania Police are too skilled in crowd dispersal.
You will likely know mate but don't both clubs have history from a game in the Europa League? I'm certain a game was held up due to crowd trouble. There are also some nutty Albanian mobs around so could be a powderkeg.

You will likely know mate but don't both clubs have history from a game in the Europa League? I'm certain a game was held up due to crowd trouble. There are also some nutty Albanian mobs around so could be a powderkeg.
There was the thing where loads of Feyenoord went to Rome wasn’t there, not actually sure who they were playing but they made a mess of the place. Feyenoord will deffo go in numbers won’t they, not so sure about Roma but it’s not even that far for them anyway is it.

The stadium capacity is ridiculous but playing devil’s advocate regarding sponsors ticket.

Sponsorship money is part of the reason European football is so lucrative, it’s a necessary evil unfortunately but agree that they should try take fan base/supporters demand for tickets into consideration when picking a host stadium.

There was the thing where loads of Feyenoord went to Rome wasn’t there, not actually sure who they were playing but they made a mess of the place. Feyenoord will deffo go in numbers won’t they, not so sure about Roma but it’s not even that far for them anyway is it.
Nah it's not far I don't think. Vaguely remember it seriously kicking off at the Trevi fountain.

They need to stop announcing stadiums holding finals months in advance.

the 3 European finals all have traditional clubs with massive followings, they should be waiting to see who qualifies then look at stadium capacities for the clubs that qualify for the final.
They would need to re schedule the semis as for our comp the semis are too near the final.

There could be a shortlist put on notice for example to deal with the organisation etc.
It is a good idea and wouldn't be that hard to do.

From Uefa's point of view it would also be a good thing. They could get bungs from several cities to get on the shortlist instead of just one. Win win for them.

The way the tournament's participants filter down from the CL means there is always going to be reasonably big teams contesting these finals.

The conference league has got itself a really good first final, i think it will take off as a tournament. I know the Dutch media are really pushing it, everyone connected to Feyenoord is delighted.

Maybe UEFA should build a super size stadium in the middle of Europe that's just for big events.

To add, if every Rangers fan was guaranteed a ticket how many would go?

The actual fans are an inconvenience to UEFA
Worst thing about the game for them is having to accommodate all these nutters who want to actually go and see their team.

I can not understand the stadium choices for Europa League and Conference finals at all… it looks for all the world like UEFA are actively seeking relatively small crowds of supporters from the participating finalists.

I realise the Champions League is the big deal for UEFA but as the administrators of the professional Europe they shouldn’t be treating the supporters of clubs in their competitions with such distain.

They could announce Wembley for the next available Europa and most would be pissed off by it!

There's something fundamentally wrong with UEFA and it's treatment of fans.
Totally agree. However, UEFA is a members organisation like any other Union. The members should exercise their power to have the organisation run in the best interests of the majority, not just the big 5. All members have a vote and should use it to the advantage of their own clubs.

Back