UEFA Conference Final Allocations

This game should have been held in Munich. Our final, Amsterdam. They lucked out with the CL final. There’s absolutely no reason why they couldn’t wait to see what clubs made the final.
Our final was originally scheduled for the Puskas arena which holds 67k, covid fucked that up though.

Maybe UEFA should build a super size stadium in the middle of Europe that's just for big events.

To add, if every Rangers fan was guaranteed a ticket how many would go?
Build a 100,000 seater in Cologne or Frankfurt, with safe standing, good access, fanzones in the vicinity and use it for the final of UEFA competitions.
Reasonably central location, reachable from most countries and a suitable stadium for the number of fans who want to attend finals.

It would ace a lot of bullshit every year with remote, inaccessible locations and almighty ticket scrambles where demand far exceeds the demand.

Maybe UEFA should build a super size stadium in the middle of Europe that's just for big events.

To add, if every Rangers fan was guaranteed a ticket how many would go?
I reckon between two hundred thousand and a quarter of a million and I base that on the number of tickets some ‘wee’ clubs have demanded, and got, for cup finals at Hampden and Wembley compared to their ’normal’ attendance.

Of course if getting to European finals became more frequent the number would likely reduce.

This year's European Super Cup will be played at a stadium with a 36,200 capacity.

Need to get the mygers points up for that one. :))

I was in Prague when we played Braga and at the same time Feyenoord were away to Slavia and they had some amount of fans with them in Prague.

This year's European Super Cup will be played at a stadium with a 36,200 capacity.

Need to get the mygers points up for that one. :))
Previously it was played annually in a stadium that held just 18k

And remember it was at Windsor Park this season

I reckon European finals should only be played in stadia having a minimum 75,000 capacity. That would mean the Nou Camp, Bernabeu, Wembley, Old Trafford, Stade de France, San Siro, Ataturk Istanbul, Luzhniki Moscow, Athens Olympic stadium.

Even if ‘smaller‘ support teams got to finals I reckon neutrals would take up any slack just to see a European final.

An advantage of using these stadia is that they are all in cities that have transport and accommodation infrastructure capable and used to dealing with the number of visitors that would travel, since it happens frequently.

Previously it was played annually in a stadium that held just 18k

And remember it was at Windsor Park this season
Seems crazy.

Suppose they can only place finals based on who applies to host. In addition covid and associated travel restrictions recently will have influenced decisions but holding major Euro Finals in stadiums of this size seems crazy. Particularly when the competing clubs get such a small allocation of tickets.

It is a good idea and wouldn't be that hard to do.

From Uefa's point of view it would also be a good thing. They could get bungs from several cities to get on the shortlist instead of just one. Win win for them.

The way the tournament's participants filter down from the CL means there is always going to be reasonably big teams contesting these finals.

The conference league has got itself a really good first final, i think it will take off as a tournament. I know the Dutch media are really pushing it, everyone connected to Feyenoord is delighted.

I saw some of the Feyenoord highlights from the Semi's, especially their home leg, stadium was packed and rocking!

Attendances for Europa league finals have all been under 55k, the record is 61k in moscow 99.

im sure a combination of poor stadium choices and also poor travelling support/large distances.

Quite possible they might try for that now after 2 bigger teams reached the 1st final of it
With France getting one this year, will they get one next?
do you recall when the FA of a country would apply on behalf of the country?
is that still the case?

Delegates and Sponsors is their cover for just putting them on secondary ticketing websites I reckon.

Seen one ticketing website that had 900 tickets available for our final. How is that even possible otherwise?
I'm convinced it's UEFA delegates posting all these tickets on these sites. Pocketing fortunes and cutting actual fan allocations to the bone.
Scumbags

With France getting one this year, will they get one next?
do you recall when the FA of a country would apply on behalf of the country?
is that still the case?
Have remember Paris is only hosting due the St Petersburg losing and that was an UEFA decision on that so it might not stop them deciding France again

Yes it is still the National association that applies to host and selects the stadium for UEFA to decide who hosts it

A poster previously mentioned that they didn’t want to book a big stadium in case it was a dud. Still a shite way to be treating the ones who keep the game alive.

Seems crazy.

Suppose they can only place finals based on who applies to host. In addition covid and associated travel restrictions recently will have influenced decisions but holding major Euro Finals in stadiums of this size seems crazy. Particularly when the competing clubs get such a small allocation of tickets.
yeah it down who selects the city and stadium from the national association who decides they wish host the game

While if you have minimum capacity then it can limit the amount of available stadiums

Back