Beware of Kiwi.com?

arnietac1

Official Ticketer
Was checking for flights and Kiwi are the main/solo booking company on Skyscanner for the lower end advertising flights that for the price should come with a warning.
Had a look at reviews of them and they do not make for good reading: feck even Ryanair took them to court.
History of changing bookings to times you cannot make, or cancelling one flight leaving you fecked and as for trying to get a refund? Good luck.
Seen a few posts on Social Media more and more saying they are being let down with e-mails received from them but no way to contact them.

Cancelled our flights this year to Romania for my mates stag. Waited 3 month to get a refund. Nightmare. I genuinely will only look to book directly from now on

Booked our flights out with them – it was all confirmed etc. a few days ago, I hope they don't come and fuck it up now.

I travelled to Braga with Kiwi, I was all over the place, Glasgow Dublin Santiago Edinburgh

No issues with them, sad to hear this as would have used again, maybe not worth the risk

We are booked with them aswell.

Took longer than 24 hours to get confirmation, but that all came through and they are showing as confirmed now.

I booked with them for Edinburgh to Palma on the Tuesday but after reading stuff today I contacted them.

They were planning to check us in (Ryanair flight) on the Monday and then send the boarding pass 2-4 hours before the flight (needed to be printed off). Managed to get them to share with me the email they booked it with (they don’t use the customers so that they control the booking). Used that and the reference to check in early myself on Ryanair app and now got seats booked and boarding passes. Wasn’t taking the chance with them given some of what I read.

I booked with them for Edinburgh to Palma on the Tuesday but after reading stuff today I contacted them.

They were planning to check us in (Ryanair flight) on the Monday and then send the boarding pass 2-4 hours before the flight (needed to be printed off). Managed to get them to share with me the email they booked it with (they don’t use the customers so that they control the booking). Used that and the reference to check in early myself on Ryanair app and now got seats booked and boarding passes. Wasn’t taking the chance with them given some of what I read.
Was it contact via email? Any chance you could share what you sent them if it was?

How did you go about contacting them mate?

Was it contact via email? Any chance you could share what you sent them if it was?
How did you go about contacting them mate?
I phoned them lads and then was abundantly clear with the boy on the phone I wasn’t leaving till he gave me the email address they’d used to book my flights on Ryanair. Number was 02038085910.

Booked 3 flights to Malaga from Aberdeen with them on Thursday, right after the game. They took payment and sent me an itinerary. Was a bit worried when no confirmation email was received so spoke to them on chat facility. Was told not to worry as there was a large number of bookings. This conversation continued into Friday. They assured me that this was quite normal and they would send a confirmation soon. Then at 10pm that night got an email saying they had cancelled the flight.
Having booked separate return flights into Aberdeen, that left me royally fucked. I expresses my disgust and told them exactly where they could shove their customer satisfaction survey. Got a full refund the next day which was a relief. Suffice to say I won't use them again. Managed to sort ssomething after a bit of a panic so all good in the end.

I’m using them from Seville to Tenerife Thursday morning, my app says check in will be minimum 6 hours before the flight. When you say the boarding passes needed to be printed off, why is that? Would the usual boarding pass screenshot not do?

I phoned them lads and then was abundantly clear with the boy on the phone I wasn’t leaving till he gave me the email address they’d used to book my flights on Ryanair. Number was 02038085910.
How much of a challenge was it getting them to give you the email address etc?

I booked with Kiwi. Phoned them on Saturday as my Amex payment was still coming up as a processing.

Lady on the other end confirmed all my bookings had been processed. Payment finally cleared this morning.

Downloaded the app and it looks okay. Mixed reviews on trustpilot.

I’m on the same booking and once you get through to them and explain the issue that are actually ok. When they book the flights they make up there own email address which is usually some format of yours, so tnat if you want to alter the booking you go via them and get an admin charge. Just phone and say you want to book extra leg room but via the airline direct and they’ll give you the email address, then you can just check in direct with airline

I’m using them from Seville to Tenerife Thursday morning, my app says check in will be minimum 6 hours before the flight. When you say the boarding passes needed to be printed off, why is that? Would the usual boarding pass screenshot not do?
Not sure mate, just what they said to me (might have been shite). I just sorted it so I could get the boarding pass on my phone via Ryanair app.

Not too bad mate. Took maybe 5 mins of chatting about why I wanted it. Told the boy I wanted to book seats early for extra leg room. Told me he could do it for a 30 Euro handling fee and told him no thanks and I’d do it myself.

Ryanair sued them as they were issuing boarding passes with kiwi on it and not Ryanair so they’ve reverted to some pdf document , Google will give you more details. If your flying with another airline id imagine it will be different

I’ve used them a few times now with no issues, although the current scramble for flights could be a problem.

App status is;

Processing online check-in.

We’ll check you in with the airline and notify you when it’s finished.

Nothing about having to print off boarding passes.

App status is;

Processing online check-in.

We’ll check you in with the airline and notify you when it’s finished.

Nothing about having to print off boarding passes.

Gives some more details if it’s a Ryanair boarding pass. You won’t get it via the normal app and get a pdf document that they recommend printing. Could be nothing but the customer service team at kiwi.com advised it needs to be printed , and when we spoke to Ryanair they said to avoid kiwi and book direct next time

I’ll give them a phone again tomorrow.

I tried logging in to Easy Jet and Vueling today but the email address part came up error - obviously went through Skyscanner which led me to Kiwi.

I’ll give them a phone again tomorrow.

I tried logging in to Easy Jet and Vueling today but the email address part came up error - obviously went through Skyscanner which led me to Kiwi.
They’ll have created a virtual email address, they added annaspizza to ours (random!) and once they gave us that email address we got logged in to Ryanair and checked in to the flight

There are plenty of decent reviews on Trust pilot aswell, fingers crossed all goes well, my booking is confirmed and it's now at awaiting check in. See what happens, it's done now anyway in my case. If it all goes wrong I'll watch it wherever I am stranded with a plethora of pints.

Kiwi did ok for me in past , but problem with 3rd party is they book it for you.
It's great off season.

When there is demand they go in and manually book what you could have for no extra cost.

They make money from airline affiliate discount.

As soon as price moves while they are booking. They are fucked. You can't make connections. Or you need to pay more.

They shouldn't be offering a price they can't fulfill.

But it's the same with tout sites.
Many send you a ticket at 4x value or more.
Then go find a ticket for less and they are quid in. Of on the day of the event they haven't found you a ticket they refund your dough and you are left at the turnstile like a clown.

Mines according to them is booked and confirmed and waiting on check in opening to check me in and send boarding passes

Got me shitting myself now
Worst thing about kiwi is they hold everything ýou can't even check your own airline booking as they book it with their email address and codes .

They do work but don't half make it hard on the nerves

It's great off season.

When there is demand they go in and manually book what you could have for no extra cost.

They make money from airline affiliate discount.

As soon as price moves while they are booking. They are fucked. You can't make connections. Or you need to pay more.

They shouldn't be offering a price they can't fulfill.

But it's the same with tout sites.
Many send you a ticket at 4x value or more.
Then go find a ticket for less and they are quid in. Of on the day of the event they haven't found you a ticket they refund your dough and you are left at the turnstile like a clown.
I got my flights to braga for free , took no money and sent me 3 confirmations but 2 never appeared low behold the 2 that never appeared came to 170 all in .....while the ones I got confirmed were a total of £50 .

Think that was gotogate and yes I was shitting myself

Booked with kiwi for my flights there and back flying from Edinburgh to dublin to Malaga and same route back and flying with Ryanair. Anyone any advice with what’s the best way to deal with it to make sure I’m checked in on time and that I can use my phone instead of having to print anything

Back