Beware of Kiwi.com?

They’ll have created a virtual email address, they added annaspizza to ours (random!) and once they gave us that email address we got logged in to Ryanair and checked in to the flight
They actually gave you the email address to check your booking?

Worst thing about kiwi is they hold everything ýou can't even check your own airline booking as they book it with their email address and codes .

They do work but don't half make it hard on the nerves

Guess that’s the chance you take. The prices they offered me blew anything else out the water.

App status is;

Processing online check-in.

We’ll check you in with the airline and notify you when it’s finished.

Nothing about having to print off boarding passes.
I’ve got

Waiting for the airline - we’ll wait for the airline to open their online check in

The one before processing online check in

They actually gave you the email address to check your booking?
Yeh, phoned and said we wanted to book extra leg room seats. They initially said they would do it with a 30€ Admin charge, politely told them where to go and they provided the virtual email address for the booking.

They’ll have created a virtual email address, they added annaspizza to ours (random!) and once they gave us that email address we got logged in to Ryanair and checked in to the flight
Same here. They wanted to charge an additional €30 admin fee to an (expected) extra bag addition of £20 on the flight. After two calls, they finally sent me this random email address. Successfully used that to add the flight to my Ryanair app then added extra bag.

After reading the above I’ve added a seat and downloaded the boarding pass so hopefully all will be fine.

So much less hassle just booking directly with the airline. Kiwi cost £26 as opposed to Ryanair £33 but in the end the early check in has more than wiped out the savings.

Is the reservation number that you need for ryanair the same number as the booking number that kiwi gave you

All they do is take your money and book the flights with the airline, just skip that step and check with the airline directly. If you don't see that price available on the site then it won't be available for Kiwi or other similar sites either.

They'll be fine for most, I don't understand why not just book direct though. Difference in price is usually fiver or so.

Also while these services are fairly automated there's been few cases where they haven't booked the flights quickly enough and ended up cancelling folk due to rise in price.

Is the reservation number that you need for ryanair the same number as the booking number that kiwi gave you
No, completely different. Phone Kiwi on 02038085910 and insist you want the email address they used to book with Ryanair and also the Ryanair booking code.

Once you have these, add to your Ryanair app by using that email address they gave you.

No, completely different. Phone Kiwi on 02038085910 and insist you want the email address they used to book with Ryanair and also the Ryanair booking code.

Once you have these, add to your Ryanair app by using that email address they gave you.
I will give them a call first thing in the morning thanks. I’m assuming that when and if they give me it I can use that for the check in to get me back home as well

Sorry but that's nonsense.

Trust me.

As someone who uses them semi-regular and have used other similar sites in the past.

I don't know how they do it (I'm guessing they have arrangements where they buy up x-amount of seats at a certain price from the airline for each flight they run)?

But they 100% have legitimate seats to sell on flights cheaper than what the airline offers at times.

It's all to do with timing I guess, because there's other times where the airline is cheaper than sites like Kiwi etc.
They certainly can save a fair bit on long distance flights but making any changes can wipe out the savings pretty quickly.

If the change comes from the airline itself, you’re in the lap of the gods.
Budgetair left me high and dry in Sumatra when the covid problem hit, notifying me my flight to Frankfurt was cancelled but ignoring me from then on. I’d to sort the whole thing out myself by dealing directly with Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines, both of whom were excellent.

I will give them a call first thing in the morning thanks. I’m assuming that when and if they give me it I can use that for the check in to get me back home as well
I’m guessing the same Ryanair code/random email address combo would apply to both but I’d only booked this one way so can’t verify that.

I agree if there's a change or a cancellation from the airline and it doesn't suit you then you feel caught in the middle and it's better to deal with the airline direct instead of the "if you booked through a travel partner please get in touch with them"

But I think folk have the wrong idea about sites like Kiwi. Changes and cancellations happen, Kiwi and the rest are just brokers who are also at the behest of the airlines too.

The only problem I've ever had with one of these brokers (that wasn't a kick-on effect from the airline cancelling or changing a flight) was when we played that Danish team that pumped Celtic - we got great priced flights to go from Aberdeen to Esbjerg for 11 of us ... they only honoured the prices for 5/6 of us and told me to book the rest with the airline (of which the flights were about £350 each by that point) - now if it was innocent enough and myself and others have bought the flights at the same time and their systems were too slow to update and remove the flights I'd have liked to have thought they'd have had a responsibility to honour the original, advertised price and soak up the price increase themselves.

I've been using Trip or MyTrip a lot recently and the airline cancelled one of my flights (it was a £50/£60 quid flight) but they offered me a new flight at £240 and they'd pay the difference in the fare - I refused it only because it didn't really suit me and involved a long layover in Istanbul but they made an effort and were willing to cover the expense (even though the issue was down to the airline).
That’s decent service from MyTrip right enough.

Last year I’d two flights booked directly, KLM to Central America and AF to SE Asia. Both were free changes or refunds. In both cases I’d to cancel them for my own reasons and had the money refunded within 5 days.

In both cases the airline fare was lower than any of the brokers thankfully, as I’d have been hit with charges if I’d gone with the latter.

Bit of swings and roundabouts I guess. Possibly save a few bob and hope nothing goes wrong or deal direct with added confidence and likely some extra cost.

I got my flights to braga for free , took no money and sent me 3 confirmations but 2 never appeared low behold the 2 that never appeared came to 170 all in .....while the ones I got confirmed were a total of £50 .

Think that was gotogate and yes I was shitting myself
They are more or less the same.
Crazy error on their part.

Kiwi.com are a nightmare to deal with from previous experience using them for work a few years ago. I'd stay clear of them for anyone considering.

For those who have already bought from them, just keep at them to send confirmations etc, or buy a cheap £50 printer in curry's, take to the airport and plug in to print from your phone if needing last minute documents printed sent late by them. Then just leave the printer at the airport, only £50, at least documents will be printed.

In future though stay clear of Kiwi.com.

I called them this morning as well and within 10/15 mins they sent me the credentials for my flights. Was pretty much straight forward

Avoid every single one of these booking agents that appear on Skyscanner.

They'll often cost a wee bit less but when there's cancellations etc they are an absolute nightmare to get money from.

Some of them will put up prices for flights that don't even exist or are already sold out as well and let you pay for them.

For example I seen a flight out of Jerez to Brussels on Skyscanner with Tui. A few travel companies showing pricing for it, go on the Tuifly Belgium website and it doesn't exist.

Just called them there, they’ll email me the Ryanair credentials. Quite quick to sort
Just done the same, waiting on the email now

I was on the phone for about 20 seconds

Said I’d like my details to check myself in, ok no problem I’ll send them the now, anything else you need?

Simple as that!

Email now through with the details to check myself in - happy days

Last edited:
I've checked reviews for Kiwi and they are bad, but so are the ones for Ryanair etc. People leave reviews mostly when something goes wrong.

I'm flying out on the day via Barcelona. It's in the hands of the gods now.

My old man had a disastrous time with them for Brondby. Mainly because he didn’t understand their ‘we’ll check in for you’ policy, which I am very wary of.

I used them to fly to Jordan in March and all was clockwork.

They do have a higher % of complaints but they will be flying millions of passengers every week.

The best is always direct with the airline but obviously that tends to be more expensive.

I fly pretty regularly and have only had issues with gotogate who made a howling arse of my ticket to Georgia.

Most will be fine.

Some of the airlines don't pay much if any commission to travel/booking agents.

They usually add booking fees. So best to book direct with the airline.

When it comes to cancellations they may wait to get the money from the airline before refunding you.

Many tickets sold are point to point. For example (made up) Glasgow - Seville via London

Ticket 1 - Glasgow to London return Ryan Air
Ticket 2 - London to Seville return Easyjet

If the Ryanair flight is late and you miss the Easyjet flight - tough. It is your responsibility to check-in and board the Easyjet flight

Someone in Easyjet may be sympathetic and try and help. If you are lucky.

There are minimum recommended connection times.

If the journey is on 1 ticket then you are covered. You check-in at Glasgow and the flight is late getting to London the airline have to get you to your destination. Even if this is on another airline. They will usually try to bend the rules to avoid anything that costs them though.

These are only an issue if there is a problem. Hopefully your journey goes smoothly.

I use Kiwi as a search site.

Use it to work out the flights and route then go to the airlines and book myself.
Cheaper and you have the peace of mind you are actually booked.

You lose out on the supposed guarantee Kiwi provide on missed connections, but I'm not convinced that would be worth much in practice.

Sorted in ten mins. Just phoned kiwi and said I’m currently travelling Europe and have no way of printing documents could I have the credentials to log in on my Ryan air app and the fella has just emailed an email, flight number and password within ten mins

Edit: anyone know how to add to Ryanair app??

Last edited:
Just off the phone; 02038 085 910

Punch in your booking number then # and same with your DOB (DD/MM/YYYY) then #

Waited 1 minute.

Guy gave me my log in details for East Jet (password is your PNR number) and same for Vueling.

I've checked in and printed off my boarding passes.

Also downloaded the app for both companies. If getting through security is this simple, we'll be laughing.

Just off the phone; 02038 085 910

Punch in your booking number then # and same with your DOB (DD/MM/YYYY) then #

Waited 1 minute.

Guy gave me my log in details for East Jet (password is your PNR number) and same for Vueling.

I've checked in and printed off my boarding passes.

Also downloaded the app for both companies. If getting through security is this simple, we'll be laughing.
That sounds good, Im booked with Kiwi.

Im Glasgow - London which they say Ive to check in myself, so fine Ill check all 3 of us in and print boarding passes
Then London Madrid which they say they will check in for me, with boarding passes added on the app
Coming back though
Madrid to Birmingham with Ryanair they say they will check us in
Same with Birmingham Glasgow with easy jet

Im worried about have all 3 of us on the one APP do you think I can send the others their boarding passes from the app to their phones?
If they check us in early enough I could try and get the passes printed at out hotel

I’ve booked with them out and back, had confirmation emails and showing as confirmed in the app. Should I still be wary?
You'll be fine if you have your confirmation numbers for the flights.

My booking sat as 'processing' for 3 days. Then they emailed to say one of the flights wasn't available. Offered me an alternative or a refund. Took the refund and booked direct elsewhere.

That sounds good, Im booked with Kiwi.

Im Glasgow - London which they say Ive to check in myself, so fine Ill check all 3 of us in and print boarding passes
Then London Madrid which they say they will check in for me, with boarding passes added on the app
Coming back though
Madrid to Birmingham with Ryanair they say they will check us in
Same with Birmingham Glasgow with easy jet

Im worried about have all 3 of us on the one APP do you think I can send the others their boarding passes from the app to their phones?
If they check us in early enough I could try and get the passes printed at out hotel

Get the username/email address they used for each company and do it yourself. Password is the carrier reservation number (PNR) that is all inclued in your ebooking documents.

I've downloaed the app for Easy Jet and Vueling, checked in and saved my boarding passes to Apple Wallet on my phone.

If I were you I would get the rest in your party to do the same - at least you would all have the apps on your phone and boarding passes/QR code.

Sorted in ten mins. Just phoned kiwi and said I’m currently travelling Europe and have no way of printing documents could I have the credentials to log in on my Ryan air app and the fella has just emailed an email, flight number and password within ten mins

Doesn’t work

I’ve been on phone to them a few times now and resigned myself to the fact they’ll check me in and send boarding passes

Phoned this morning and all sorted

Appreciate you posting the phone number

Just got mines logged in on Ryan air mate
They sent me a first one where email or password was wrong it said

Sent me a new one but then when I don’t Ryanair that sent a verification code to the email address they used

Spoke to them again and they assured me they’ll do my check in etc

They sent me a first one where email or password was wrong it said

Sent me a new one but then when I don’t Ryanair that sent a verification code to the email address they used

Spoke to them again and they assured me they’ll do my check in etc
Make a Ryan air account with your own email, then on the app go to my trips then retrieve booking using their email and reference and tick the save to my account option

pretty sure I have booked through them a few years ago, then read the reviews which made me really anxious but it all turned out fine in the end!

Booked Edinburgh to Lisbon with them. All confirmed and have e-tickets fir trip. The app is saying waiting for airline to check in on some of the flights and check in with airline for one of them. All looks good so far , I hope ….

In Ryanair app go to my trips. Select ‘email address’.

Enter that odd email address they gave you along with the Ryanair booking code that came with it.

Select ‘add to your myRyanair account’.

It’ll show up in your trip list after that.

Edit: see already answered, apologies.

Back