Seville Travel Thread * ALL POSTS HERE / NO TRADING *

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hired car leaving Faro approx 09:00 am on matchday and returning from Seville Thursday afternoon.

3 seats available, £30 one-way or £60 return. DM if interested.

EDIT - Seats now taken.

Last edited:
The Isle of Harris True Blues have hijacked a trawler :oops::eek: :)):))

FSId-UBEXIAA1s-YH.jpg

That 2am return flight is dodgy as hell. The game kicks off at 9pm over there, finishes around 11 (earliest), you'd want to stick around for the presentation so that's another 30 odd minutes. Then scrambling to get to the airport for a 2am take off. No chance.
They are happy to push the flight back if needed.

Does anyone know how far is it from the stadium to the “bus park” for those one official CTM day trip?

Same question the distance from official “fan zone” to stadium.

Need to assess how long it would take me to get to and from each area as I’m not as mobile as I used to be and can struggle with walking long distances.

Need figure out if I need to possibly arrive early at the stadium then try and get a taxi back to bus park after the game depending on distances involved

Made an arse of one of my connecting flights and booked the wrong date for Malaga to Gran Canaria, before flying to Manchester, which I have the flight for.

I've looked at various options but struggling to get home at a reasonable price.

Anyone with any ideas, buses etc, best way to get to Glasgow for the Thursday or somewhere close enough for train etc .... Cheers

Last edited:
Made an arse of one of my connecting flights and booked the wrong date for Malaga to Gran Canaria, before flying to Manchester, which I have the flight for.

I've looked at various options but struggling to get home at a reasonable price.

Anyone with any ideas, buses etc, best way to get to Glasgow or somewhere close enough for train etc .... Cheers
What date you needing home for mate?

Hi mate,

CTM have just offered a day trip for fans without tickets, definitely sounds like that would suit you!

Note: Looks like you need an official match ticket, I assume through the club
It looks like I'll be getting an official match ticket today, but not through the club. I will email CTM and ask if eligible as a MyGers member, but does anyone have the answer already as to whether the match ticket must be through the club?

I have 3 spaces available on a 7 seater leaving from Ibis Malaga on day of the game 9.30am to Seville, leaving Seville 1am back to Malaga. £105 a head assuming I fill the remaining 3 spaces. DM me if interested
Bump - this of interest to anyone??

Need to be home for the Thursday at some point! Happy to leave after the game whenever!
My mate is flying from Faro on Thursday morning they have a bus back around 2am. I'm fucking about on SkyScanner just now will see if that flight is still available.

Edit - Faro Basel Manchester on the Thursday is £251

Does anyone know how far is it from the stadium to the “bus park” for those one official CTM day trip?

Same question the distance from official “fan zone” to stadium.

Need to assess how long it would take me to get to and from each area as I’m not as mobile as I used to be and can struggle with walking long distances.

Need figure out if I need to possibly arrive early at the stadium then try and get a taxi back to bus park after the game depending on distances involved
The Uefa fan zone is about 1.5km from the stadium.

The Uefa fan zone is about 1.5km from the stadium.
Just seen on a Twitter post details with a map by @EdingburghAdler that we are 3.5 kilometres from our fan zone to stadium with a shuttle bus service operating to transport fans

The Germans fan zone is 2 kilometres from the stadium with metro transport laid on to the stadium

Last edited:
Anybody flying via Lisbon?

Looking at going London - lisbon

Possibly get bus into albuefira there roughly 2hr 30 mins

Does it not make sense to separate this thread? We have massive influxes of people due into Madrid, Faro, Malaga etc next week and one mega thread doesn’t seem useful for those with specific routes / plans in mind.

Various posts from others looking for assistance to / from certain places, then get lost in the thread. Just an observation.

It looks like I'll be getting an official match ticket today, but not through the club. I will email CTM and ask if eligible as a MyGers member, but does anyone have the answer already as to whether the match ticket must be through the club?
Did you find out? I emailed asking the same.

Just got my match ticket confirmed today.

What's the best route looking like for travel now folks?

I can leave Glasgow on Monday 16th, Tuesday 17th.. ideally being in, or in short driving distance of Seville for the day of the match.

Flexible on return times/ days, but ideally travelling back on the 19th or 20th.

I have free digs in London, and pals in Gibraltar who will be driving to Seville on the morning of the match so could suit to go through either of those locations, but not essential.

Just had a quick look at flights/ hotels etc. I reckon I'm looking about £1500 all in, excluding my ticket- does that sound about right?

Just got my match ticket confirmed today.

What's the best route looking like for travel now folks?

I can leave Glasgow on Monday 16th, Tuesday 17th.. ideally being in, or in short driving distance of Seville for the day of the match.

Flexible on return times/ days, but ideally travelling back on the 19th or 20th.

I have free digs in London, and pals in Gibraltar who will be driving to Seville on the morning of the match so could suit to go through either of those locations, but not essential.

Just had a quick look at flights/ hotels etc. I reckon I'm looking about £1500 all in, excluding my ticket- does that sound about right?
If you have the £1500 to spend then it's probably worth booking as direct as possible. You can get there cheaper than that but some routes will take you all over the place or have long connections. I prefer to just bite the bullet and pay extra for convenience, but can't this time.

How busy will the airport be on Wednesday morning? Got a flight to Heathrow at 10:40, missus says being there 2 hours early is fine but if it's heaving I think 3 might be better.

If you have the £1500 to spend then it's probably worth booking as direct as possible. You can get there cheaper than that but some routes will take you all over the place or have long connections. I prefer to just bite the bullet and pay extra for convenience, but can't this time.
I don't really WANT to spend that, but that was the cheapest available things I could find that weren't going by bus/taxi/ car, etc?

I don't really WANT to spend that, but that was the cheapest available things I could find that weren't going by bus/taxi/ car, etc?

There are affordable routes if you can manage a good few days away and some layovers. Look at flying into Lisbon from English airports, and look at flying somewhere for the night before you head home.

Do we know if they’ll be selling alcohol in the stadium yet? Not that 0% pish they normally sell in stadiums in Spain.

Here is Glasgow - Frankfurt - Madrid then back the way for £600.

Just found some flights for sale on Gumtree, and I can't believe they actually think folk would pay what they're looking for in the first place.

That's before you even take into account that it's not even possible to make it from Seville to the departure airport in time for the flight home unless you are driving, or miss the game you went there for in the first place.

Saw a poster in a thread, can't seem to remember what one it is, saying he has a spare room for a couple nights in Seville. Can someone point me in his direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back