Do we come right out the traps and try blow them away?

How will we go about the final given it’s a one game affair?

Blow them away like Braga and Leipzig going man for man at the back?

Or play it much more cautiously trying not to concede and attack in smaller numbers?
Has to be the way we go about it.
The cup is there to win, setting up any other way is asking to lose.
Forget Manchester 2008, we were rotten against Zenit.
I'm confident on Gio having the whole squad up for this

Rangers haven't been great in one off games in tournament final stages so I hope they treat it as two 45m games and make sure they win overall through the 90m. Definitely favour an attacking, pressing outlook but they are a counter attacking team and don't do well against defensive sides. Heat will play a part.

A win by any method and all efforts left on the pitch, that's all we can ask and hope it comes our way.

I think we will be a lot more cagey in this one due to the heat, nerves , most importantly, tactics. Frankfurt can be rapid on on counter if we over-commit. We know Gio can be pragmatic at times and this may well be one of those times. Saying that, I would love to be proved wrong when we are 5 up at half-time.

Agree we go for them straight off. I’m slightly concerned about the players being too hyped up and someone getting sent off. We need fire in the belly but ice in the veins (nicked from McCann).

I’ve been impressed by our fitness this season and we always look like the better team in the last 20 minutes as well as in extra time when we have played it.
I think we’ll go flat out for the first 15 minutes or so and hopefully get a goal or two up but then I reckon the game will settle down a bit and we might have some difficult defending to do.
Frankfurt are a top team. You don’t beat Barcelona and West Ham away from home without being resilient and wily.
They are going to take some beating but hopefully our high tempo game will prove too much for them as it did for the other two German sides we have seen off.

No.

Slightly more aggressive than we were against Leipzig as they are a far better team than Frankfurt, but patience is key.

They are most effective on the counter attack so I don’t see either team going for it at the start.

Expecting quite an edgy start from both teams and the first goal being vital

Would like us to keep possession early on in the game just to build up confidence and try and draw the opposition out as the game goes on.
That sounds a bit negative. WTF do I know anyway

Or play it much more cautiously trying not to concede and attack in smaller numbers?
Blow them away by coming out of the traps at speed. Go 2-0 up then defend for our very lives whilst looking to catch on the break.

I think we come out the tramps as the psychological impact of coming back from a few goals down in the heat Seville is having right now would be tough.

1 thing I've noticed under GVB is that we score a lot if early goals I think this will be more cautious approach without the Ibrox factor.

I don’t think we came out the blocks flying against Leipzig, not in the way we did vs Braga, it was much more controlled.

I think with it being a one off game we need to just go for it. I think that has to be one big regret of Manchester, we sat too deep and tried to play it like we played every other round and that was never going to work. We needed to try and fight fire with fire.

I am not saying go gung ho, like the OP has stated like Braga and Liepzig at home, attack, be aggressive, play with a reasonably high press and be concentrated in defence as well.

Back