Roofe apparently fit

Would imagine have prepared as if he isn't & bring on from bench at some point (hopefully).

I think he often offers more coming on and changing things, changing the dynamic than when he starts.

We’ve adapted to not having an out & out striker in recent works and it’s not quite the danger that it seemed a couple of weeks ago.
See I think Sakala coming on for the last 30 would have a greater effect

Possibly both if we are struggling!

I think he often offers more coming on and changing things, changing the dynamic than when he starts.

We’ve adapted to not having an out & out striker in recent works and it’s not quite the danger that it seemed a couple of weeks ago.
Before that we adapted to Roofe, and he scored goals. Get him on from the start, and see how long he can last, then bring on Fashion Jr to stretch them on the counter.

Gut tells me I'd rather have him on the bench and go with the same front three that started against Leipzig. It seems to work well.

Roofe on the bench for me.

Aside from fitness issues, he does better when we are getting balls into the box. And given the type of game and the weather, he would be best utilised if we growing more into the game in the second half and looking for a goal. Sakala to come on as well.

Aribo offers a more solid defensive option for starting, whilst being able to hold and shield the ball well when attacking.

Saying that, last night me and the wee fella won 1-0 in a dummy run of the final on FIFA, with Roofe scoring a headed winner in the 78th minute!

I'm too nervous to even start speculating on who starts, though the more options for the manager the better. I'm a firm believer in Gio's wee tactical toolkit, and anything he has available for tinkering during the game seems like a welcome development!

I think he might start. Depending on how the game goes bringing him on later and him not lasting the remainder and ET if there is any could be risky.

Play your best team from the start. Championship manager stuff otherwise.
Bringing him on at 2 down is pointless.

I think he will come on if needed I doubt he will start,actually quite confident in Joe Aribo making life difficult for Frankfurt if he starts up top.

There’s still 24 hours for him to get injured again. Let’s not get too excited. :D

Before that we adapted to Roofe, and he scored goals. Get him on from the start, and see how long he can last, then bring on Fashion Jr to stretch them on the counter.
Could we go back to it within a match though? We’ve got 90 minutes to get this right tomorrow.

Sakala coming on late to run at a tired defence certainly makes sense to me.

Aside from any opinions that we have as supporters, I utterly trust our manager and whatever he sets up & selects for is up to him.

Hes not fit, he’s Kemal Roofe fit.

At this stage with all at stake I don’t think it’s worth a risk starting him. I suspect Aribo will play as the F9.

Fashion Jr is a better option off the bench if the game is slowing down.

Roofe may not appear at all.

Roofe and Ramsey hopefully will be on the bench at the start
Then come on for penalties if it gets that far.
I have Ramsey scores and 1-0 to us

Back