Kostic and their goal

brain

We’ve all played against very left footed players like that before and you show them onto their weak foot. In fact you over compensate so that they have plenty space on their weak foot but none at all on their strong, it really frustrates them. I thought all game we made it easy for Kostic to get a ball in the box by not covering his left foot properly and it cost us a goal.

We’ve all played against very left footed players like that before and you show them onto their weak foot. In fact you over compensate so that they have plenty space on their weak foot but none at all on their strong, it really frustrates them. I thought all game we made it easy for Kostic to get a ball in the box by not covering his left foot properly and it cost us a goal.
Both our full backs defended poorly. Kostic is excellent but knauff was better

Maybe it would’ve been defended better if it wasn’t on Scott fuckin Wright to defend it of all people

Behave mate, he made a mistake that cost a goal. Better players than Goldson have made mistakes.
The guy has run down his contract as if he’s billy big baws and we’re sitting waiting as if all our hopes rest on one player.

We need to move on. He can be replaced as can many others.

The guy has run down his contract as if he’s billy big baws and we’re sitting waiting as if all our hopes rest on one player.

I agree to an extent but he’s looking out for himself as he should.

Goldson though is a major reason we even got to the final and played a monumental part in winning the title last season.

To say “good riddance” is massively out of order IMO

There's also the fact that he's just clearly a very good player. Nothing against him, but in an ideal world we wouldn't have had Scott Wright up against him either. The likes of Arjen Robben made a career at the top level despite being incredibly one footed. Kostic not quite at that level but not far off and has shown in his European performances this season that he's on of the best at this level.

I agree to an extent but he’s looking out for himself as he should.

Goldson though is a major reason we even got to the final and played a monumental part in winning the title last season.

To say “good riddance” is massively out of order IMO
Any decision he makes is not a footballing one. He’s not good enough to play for an EPL team in the champions league or Europa league.

So where is he going? Mid table obscurity.

,goldson is a poor defender that's why we are letting him go

So where is he going?
Home? Somewhere he gets to see his kids grow up?

We have to realise not all players are fans with the clubs interests at and have to look out for themselves.

The reality is he should have been sold last summer but we took a gamble and it paid off with winning the league.

I’d only say that he’s delivered well over a hundred crosses in the competition this season.
I am truly amazed that nobody picked up on your ever so obvious solution.

Goldson and Bassey got caught out but rightly will have assumed Wright would stop the cross coming in. He should have and nullified the chance.

I’d only say that he’s delivered well over a hundred crosses in the competition this season.
I am truly amazed that nobody picked up on your ever so obvious solution.
Missing the point. A lot of crosses aren’t preventable, the player receives it in a lot of space or hits it early. There were a number of times tonight when we were close up to him and allowed him to just knock it to the left and cross, we didn’t over compensate that side and show him his weak foot.

Any other play in our team finishes that sitter that Roofe put on a plate for Kent.

Kent & Aribo have 1 year left, either sign an extension or goodbye. Both can be replaced.
To let either get down to 1year left on contract is criminal from Ross Wilson. Morelos too, this will cost us a lot of money

Catch yourself on.

Fud.

*even allowing for the emotion of tonight that is a nonsense.
Take the day aff with your dead patter.

The amount of fawning over him on this forum & wider has been ridiculous

Guy plays nearly every game which I commend but any decent scouting department should be able to replace pretty much every player in our XI. It’s their job. He’s no exception.

What teams are coming in for him btw? Burnley, Southampton, maybe a West Brom? Folk acting as if he could walk into a top 8 back line in the premier league. Not a chance.

Goldson and Bassey got caught out but rightly will have assumed Wright would stop the cross coming in. He should have and nullified the chance.

But when the cross does make it in and it is within playing distance why not just get rid?

Like so many dreadful goals we have shipped this season there were a good few points of failure involved, something I really want to see the manager tighten up this summer as we badly need it.

Take him out that defence and we would be shite, so who's his replacement then, John fekking soutar???

Take the day aff with your dead patter.

The amount of fawning over him on this forum & wider has been ridiculous

Guy plays nearly every game which I commend but any decent scouting department should be able to replace pretty much every player in our XI. It’s their job. He’s no exception.

What teams are coming in for him btw? Burnley, Southampton, maybe a West Brom? Folk acting as if he could walk into a top 8 back line in the premier league. Not a chance.
And neither can we afford a defender who could walk into a top 8 EPL team.

But when the cross does make it in and it is within playing distance why not just get rid?

Like so many dreadful goals we have shipped this season there were a good few points of failure involved, something I really want to see the manager tighten up this summer as we badly need it.
Goldson was slow to react mate. But the cross should never have reached him in a month of Sundays. He is at fault, as was Bassey but it all comes from Wright.

To let either get down to 1year left on contract is criminal from Ross Wilson. Morelos too, this will cost us a lot of money

You cannot make players sign contracts if they don't want to. It has becoming more and more common in the past two or 3 years for players to run their contracts down

The reality of the situation is that Wright should have stopped the cross. The fact he didn’t caused the two centre backs to switch off momentarily allowing the EF centre to take full advantage.

Back