I have never felt so low.

I’m disappointed but I’m not angry.

I’m proud we got as far as we did.

UEFA competitions are built so that teams like us don’t get to finals.

Yet we did.

Over the course I thought both teams were fairly evenly matched.

Penalties are 99% luck, 1% skill

Whilst they won’t do it, the players can walk with their head held high.

They’ve given us so much in Europe this season, maybe we should do it for them the next few days.

Also, I’m steaming and may have changed my opinion by the morning

08 was backs to the wall. This time we were at least a match for any of the teams we played.

Them winning 10iar wouldve been more bearable.
Totally disagree regarding 10IAR

Tonight after we gather ourselves will be something we look back on with pride

Letting them get 10 we would never have been allowed to forget

It was agonising tonight but that’s football at the top level. Fine margins dictated the cup went to them but it was close.

When we gather our thoughts we will remember this run in a hugely positive light.

We've seen worse undoubtedly. What will live with me forever is the "what if".

Frankfurt were the better team on the night but our performance was disappointing. Had we found 50% of what we found against Braga or Leipzig we'd have won.

I love the players for what they have given us but continue to feel they just lack that mentality to get us over the line ☹️

It only feels worse as there was a real expectation that we could win in Seville, when we're usually the underdog. Be proud of this Rangers side. Only we have the chance of a Scottish side appearing in another European Final. The also-rans gloating tonight have no chance.

Ish,

It’s a proper kick in the lady's front bottom but they show the lows are probably never as low as you think TBH

It’s about time we kind of accepted that and got on the, this club does mad shit train IMO
what the %^*& is the obsession with using the term "ladies front bottom"

Jesus %^*& what age are some of you. We've just went toe to toe with some of Europe's biggest sides amd lost with the very last kick of the ball. Grow a pair of balls ffs.
Well a lot of the fans tonight like my boy won’t have seen that so geez peace mate . Hard to take for most tbh .

I’m disappointed but I’m not angry.

I’m proud we got as far as we did.

UEFA competitions are built so that teams like us don’t get to finals.

Yet we did.

Over the course I thought both teams were fairly evenly matched.

Penalties are 99% luck, 1% skill

Whilst they won’t do it, the players can walk with their head held high.

They’ve given us so much in Europe this season, maybe we should do it for them the next few days.

Also, I’m steaming and may have changed my opinion by the morning
tbh spot on mate , but I have a massive dislike of Frankfurt as a club , fans and team alike fans are coward scum bullies , and team only punch above in Europa as they can afford to win every few weeks in league . Mid table German Scumbags . Not even a relevance in their own country .

Just gutted as I’m not sure if I’ll see us in another euro final, but moreover because that game was very winnable tonight. Will be a long time before we get as good a chance to win a European trophy.
Same here, had we performed as well as we could we would have been bringing that trophy home.
It didn't happen. I'm gutted and completely flat.
I'm 55 and hope I can see another Euro final, too young to remember 72, watched 2008 and was disappointed the way we played but this was bigger tonight due to where we came from.
We won't have a better chance for a long time than we had tonight.
Still proud of the boys though.

Yup. An amazing run, some incredible results, went toe to toe in the final and lost a lottery in the end. You can't fault anybody at Rangers.

But genuinely feel deflated/gutted/empty or whatever word fits best. Said it after Manchester but you more than likely will never get another chance at a European trophy and that chance has went by us again. Just isn't meant to be.

Call me whatever you like. I honestly can't get over this.
As posted on other social media tonight -

If you'd told me in August we'd make it to Seville I'd have laughed, in fact I'd probably have told you to go fart peas at the moon.

Fast forward to today/tonight - I'm incredibly proud of my team. Unfortunately it wasn't to be for us. Penalties is always a lottery and someone has to miss/lose, but that's football.

Delighted to reach the final, gutted to lose it

Onwards and upwards

I feel the worst I've ever felt in my life
%^*& up, man. It’s no time since Pedro was standing in a fucking hedge. If you’d offered me this that evening, I’d have taken your arm off. Truly shite game, not a lot between the sides (and we didn’t play particularly well), Somebody had to lose…

Totally disagree regarding 10IAR

Tonight after we gather ourselves will be something we look back on with pride

Letting them get 10 we would never have been allowed to forget

It was agonising tonight but that’s football at the top level. Fine margins dictated the cup went to them but it was close.

When we gather our thoughts we will remember this run in a hugely positive light.
They would have won half of those with their biggest competition being they 'da ken' cvnts. We'd have won it again.

Dont see us winning a Euro trophy in my lifetime (I'm 30).

Absolutely devastated.

Currently in a taxi on way back to Malaga.

Tomorrow is going to be fu.cking horrific.

I'm numb just now ...I'm the only one awake in the house. I've just asked myself " did that really happen " by the time the whisky subsides and I sober up. I'm gonna be inconsolable this fucking hurts.

This was our greatest opportunity in Europe. So unlikely we replicate the run to play a very beatable team in the final.

Maybe in the conference but not the Europa while the chips are stacked so highly against us.

You will. People are saying this is a once in a lifetime and we won’t do it again. Look at the level of teams we’ve beaten in the past 3 years. Getting here wasn’t a fluke, the right run of results and we’ll be in this position again

Nope, I will never see my team in a European final ever

This year was one of those incredible runs that just don’t happen now

Remarkable we’ve been in 2 since 08 but getting more and more difficult due to financial disparity

This was our chance, imo we blew it

I'm loathe to say it, especially given we have been to 2 finals inside a couple of decades, but at 40, I genuinely don't think I'll see another euro final. That was there for the taking. We had one hand on trophy and couldn't see it out.

We lost because we have a centre half who couldn't deal with a ball into the box 6 inches from his left foot.

This is the correct answer. He shat himself due to possibility of slicing in to own goal. So he passed the buck and depended on his fellow centre back or goalkeeper getting him to out of jail.

He put himself ahead of the team.

Disagree - we came out losers in a well contested final. There’s no shame, there’s some bad luck, and a horrifically defenddd crosses. We also got some good luck during the match.

Give me this over getting turned over 3 or 4-0 in a final.

We came up a bit short tonight - it happens.

Everyone’s disappointed, that’s football, I didn’t expect us to get by dortmund! As someone said in another thread we had absolutely no right to be in that final, we have been punching well above our weight!

Chins up guys!
We really weren't, that's the hardest part.

That Frankfurt side were poor and we had the beating of them. Zenit in 08 were a top drawer side who outplayed us, no complaints. We only have ourselves to blame for this one. We completely bottled it.

People are defending the Ramsey penalty, too. Look at the standard of kicks before it, then look at his. A guy on £400k a week. The chancer wasn't even fit enough to play in our biggest game in years and has cost us more than any other player in our history. He will go down as the worst signing ever.

Completely f*cking scunnered like never before.

14th February 2012.
Getting beat off Stirling Albion, Annan and Peterhead.
Put out of the Challenge Cup twice. Once on penalties at home and the other after leading 2-0 and lose 2-3. Then we make it to a final and lost to Raith Rovers in extra-time.
Motherwell play-off.
Routine pumpings off that mhob.
Progres.

They're fucking lows.

Nights like tonight hurt, no question, but nights like tonight were millions of miles away when we were dealing with the above mentioned shite.

Nope, I will never see my team in a European final ever

This year was one of those incredible runs that just don’t happen now

Remarkable we’ve been in 2 since 08 but getting more and more difficult due to financial disparity

This was our chance, imo we blew it
Very similar to what we said after Manchester. Look at the teams we’ve beaten or drawn with over the last few years: Dortmund, Porto, Leipzig, Benfica, Galatasary, Feyenoord, Braga, Lyon. Champions League standard. It’ll happen again.

I feel the worst I've ever felt in my life
You must have led a sheltered and fortunate life.

Tonight was sore on a lot of levels but nothing compared to real life trials and pain and heartache that people face in their lives every day.

I wiped my wee boys tears away tonight and told him exactly that. I can’t sleep for replaying the game in my head right now, but worst you’ve felt in your life ?

No. Not even close.

You must have led a sheltered and fortunate life.

Tonight was sore on a lot of levels but nothing compared to real life trials and pain and heartache that people face in their lives every day.

I wiped my wee boys tears away tonight and told him exactly that. I can’t sleep for replaying the game in my head right now, but worst you’ve felt in your life ?

No. Not even close.

I buried my wee Ma not so long ago, so last night for me has perspective. We had a good chance to win a European trophy, but we didn't take it. That is all.

I'm loathe to say it, especially given we have been to 2 finals inside a couple of decades, but at 40, I genuinely don't think I'll see another euro final. That was there for the taking. We had one hand on trophy and couldn't see it out.
I'm 55 and have said exact same on another thread. Too young to remember 72 (was 6 year old) but agree on 2008 and tonight.
Hopefully I will see another final but will be hard to see as good a chance as we had tonight had we played the way we can,

Back