Transfer Talk: Rangers return on the cards for Scotland ace Billy

I’ve said before, I don’t want him back till he is late in his career. However, if the price is right, like £3m, maybe £4m I’d take him as long as he takes his medicine for leaving the club. Like a few bench appearances early on.

He is at a cross roads, a promising glittering career has now became a shell of what that promise was. He has improved at Chelsea no end, however he needs to decide if he wants to become a English Championship/Relegation Premiership player or come back and get regular first team football and European football.

He is on a reported £50k a week, I’d say £5m would be my top value for him. If he is willing to take the pay cut to our levels.

If we can get a group of 19-24 year olds with good sell on appeal, with enough 25-32 year olds in there plus the players willing to stay, that’s what I’d go for. He may just be able to do that.

He's not coming back here especially on loan. He's the sort of player Chelsea can get £15-20m for even with 12 months on his contract

Yes if its permanent but if he's on 50k a week like others have said i don't see how it would be possible as we wouldn't pay someone 50k a week.

Anybody thinking that we can buy Giomour for any less than £15m is mad. He will get a new deal at Chelsea no problem. His loan hasn't worked out but they know he is quality

I know he's only a year to go , but Chelsea will either want a permanent deal for him now or want him to sign a new deal before they allow him to go on loan . That's the way a lot of epl teams work.
If we can get a decent deal then i'd sign him

Anybody thinking that we can buy Giomour for any less than £15m is mad. He will get a new deal at Chelsea no problem. His loan hasn't worked out but they know he is quality
He is good, but is he going to get games at Chelsea? Probably not. They have 7 or 8 midfielders ahead of him now, with more to come in no doubt. (Maybe some to go out too).

Is it now in his best interest to play games regularly? That will be up to him. Big decision.

Why would we loan a player for 18 months, when his contract runs out in 12?

If he isn't getting a new contract or doesn't want one at Chelsea, he'll be sold this year.

Chelsea's ownership situation really complicates the situation for the boy.
New owners have committed to spending huge amounts on new players.
His loan at Norwich has been a failure, whereas Cknor Gallagher's has been a success. Slightly different positions, but shows that Chelsea don't need to wait around for Gilmour to fulfil his potential. They have loads of options.

This could be a perfect deal for us, Chelsea and Billy.
Yeah posted this before you mentioned he was out of contract haha.

It would be great if we could get him back but I cannot see it happening and if it does it'll be a loan, which is a bit shite in all honesty.

Fingers crossed we could secure an option to buy him back to Rangers.

Would love to see him in a 10 role the way Barry did at times in his 2nd spell with us. Unlocking, probing and passing all the time

No.

No more loan players that we develop for other teams.

We have two, multi million pound players, who have massively disappointed in regards to their overall addition to the team. Get our own in.
it’s a bit different when you are bringing in someone who actually supports the club

He's out of contract next season (as a poster on the thread mentioned) and we could get him for nothing next season. So I'd loan him then see how he does. If it goes well sign him. And he's more of a defensive mid so won't stop a path way for Lowry or McCann who are more attacking.
I still see Jack and Lundstram as our key players in the CDM role

I’d love to have Gilmour whether it’s on loan or permanently. The loan market is one that we absolutely should use. Ramsey and Diallo haven’t gone to plan but it doesn’t mean it should be written off as an option for us.

Never forget that they also loaned:

1_JS221137113.jpg

AftUvSvVL8oHZpWM3pe6mS.jpg
Haha sorry, only mentioned the ones that were there better loans.

These two will never be forgotten tho.

People saying they don't want a loan player because he gets in the way of others, if that loan player is a far higher quality than what is here and what we can afford then we absolutely should be signing them.

So Lowry didn't get a huge offer from Chelsea means he stood by the club and Gilmour who had a potentially life changing offer with one of Europes top clubs abandoned Rangers?
Well put. He did leave us, he went to a club that does not do well by young players, 30 odd out on loan at other clubs is not a good way to develop talent

A midfield of
Gilmour lundstram
New rw new cam/lowry kent
Morelos

That would be dynamite for next season. New cam to replace aribo who I think we will sell and Lowry to be back up to him. Jack, Kamara, sands and McCann to back up Gilmour and lundstram.

Last year of his Chelsea contract. Offer £7m and see what they say.
Otherwise there's a chance of a loan, the sign him for free next summer.
His career is at a crossroads. Big decision for him this summer.

His club career has stalled because of the poor choice of club to go on loan to. However he has clearly shown enough times when playing in Chelsea's first team that he is a top talent, at ease playing alongside some of the best footballers in EPL.

I don't think £7m will cut it, perhaps £40m might get you amung the queue lining up to buy him if Chelsea ever decide to sell. The best we can hope for is a loan deal, and after last seasons disaster for him, we might be a decent option to get him back on track.

seen a thing about Chelsea players and their annual player salaries and he was on half that.

will see if i can find it.
I've seen different sources between 28-42k. That is well within in our range. Even at £7 million that would be fantastic business.

Back up here for a few years then back down for £25+ million.

Basically a young mobile Davis.

His club career has stalled because of the poor choice of club to go on loan to. However he has clearly shown enough times when playing in Chelsea's first team that he is a top talent, at ease playing alongside some of the best footballers in EPL.

I don't think £7m will cut it, perhaps £40m might get you amung the queue lining up to buy him if Chelsea ever decide to sell. The best we can hope for is a loan deal, and after last seasons disaster for him, we might be a decent option to get him back on track.

Tuchel chose the loan

As their manager at the time has the same philosophy that’s what I was told

He has a year on his contract. Villa paid £29 million for an English goalscorer in his last year. Chelsea are getting absolutely nowhere near the for Gilmour in his last year after a dreadful loan.

it’s a bit different when you are bringing in someone who actually supports the club
Money.
If he was such a “supporter“ of the club, he wouldn’t have left in the first place.

As good a player as he is, he chose money before ‘his club’, and therefore he’s someone else’s player.
If he rips up his contract and signed for us, no problem, I’d have him, but he’s just another high profile talent that hasn’t fulfilled his ego, or arguably his talent.

We have just been in a major European final, which Chelsea would love. We don’t need their cast offs. (Harsh. I would take him back for free).

There may well be a glut of good players available at prices lower than normal this summer.

From 1st July clubs can only loan out a maximum of 8 players (Chelsea have 24 out on loan this year). Couple that with the premier league's 25 man squad rules and the fact it's a world cup year there will be good players desperate to force transfers, and the chance to go to a club that's just been in a European final will be tempting

Back