Transfer Talk: Rangers return on the cards for Scotland ace Billy

GreigK_RFC

Link to a decent article on Billy Gilmour to Rangers transfer link.

has stats and stuff included very in-depth.

Also, I'd be more than happy to see Billy return to us in the summer and hopefully get it done quickly.

Sorry, not for me. Let Lowry, McCann and others get their chance first. They have stood by the club unlike Gilmour, who to me hasn't really shown much after an initial promising start.
He's out of contract next season (as a poster on the thread mentioned) and we could get him for nothing next season. So I'd loan him then see how he does. If it goes well sign him. And he's more of a defensive mid so won't stop a path way for Lowry or McCann who are more attacking.

Link to a decent article on Billy Gilmour to Rangers transfer link.

has stats and stuff included very in-depth.

Also, I'd be more than happy to see Billy return to us in the summer and hopefully get it done quickly.

As long as it’s not a loan then yes!

We need to start using the loan market properly.

Alot of people saying not to loan players, we are developing them for other clubs.

They have recently loaned Elyonoussi x2, Vickers, Jota, Forster, Edouard, Benkovic, Boyata, Denayer who hav all ended up being big players for them.

We have loaned Kent(success) Worrall, Coulibally, Kamberi, Ojo, Ejaria, Zungu, Amad, Ramsey.

Think we need to use this market to bulk up our squad but we need to do it with the right kind of player.

Sorry, not for me. Let Lowry, McCann and others get their chance first. They have stood by the club unlike Gilmour, who to me hasn't really shown much after an initial promising start.
So Lowry didn't get a huge offer from Chelsea means he stood by the club and Gilmour who had a potentially life changing offer with one of Europes top clubs abandoned Rangers?

If we can sign him permanently then yes . Not interested in a loan unless there's an option to buy . I don't think Chelsea will put him out on loan unless he signs another contract 1st .
He's out of contract next season so an initial loan then sign him for free next season.

seen a thing about Chelsea players and their annual player salaries and he was on half that.

will see if i can find it.

I didn't think he'd be on that much either but a quick bit of googling says his new 2021 contract is 43k per week.

If there's a way of making it happen I'm all for it

Loan with option to buy hopefully maybe even an 18 months loan like Sands.
Why would we loan a player for 18 months, when his contract runs out in 12?

If he isn't getting a new contract or doesn't want one at Chelsea, he'll be sold this year.

Chelsea's ownership situation really complicates the situation for the boy.
New owners have committed to spending huge amounts on new players.
His loan at Norwich has been a failure, whereas Cknor Gallagher's has been a success. Slightly different positions, but shows that Chelsea don't need to wait around for Gilmour to fulfil his potential. They have loads of options.

This could be a perfect deal for us, Chelsea and Billy.

We need to start using the loan market properly.

Alot of people saying not to loan players, we are developing them for other clubs.

They have recently loaned Elyonoussi x2, Vickers, Jota, Forster, Edouard, Benkovic, Boyata, Denayer who hav all ended up being big players for them.

We have loaned Kent(success) Worrall, Coulibally, Kamberi, Ojo, Ejaria, Zungu, Amad, Ramsey.

Think we need to use this market to bulk up our squad but we need to do it with the right kind of player.
Never forget that they also loaned:

1_JS221137113.jpg

AftUvSvVL8oHZpWM3pe6mS.jpg

He would be an incredible signing but only has a year left on his deal so Chelsea won't let him leave on loan unless he signs another, a massive part of sending him to Norwich will have been that even if he doesn't make it at Chelsea, just having a decent season in the premier league would make him a 20 million player for them. Not sure what Chelsea value him at but i can't see us paying the transfer fee and wages to make it happen.

I have a funny feeling that John Fleck may be the Davis replacement. Wouldn't have happened if Sheffield Utd got promoted, but his contract there ends next summer and he'll be 31 at the start of next season.

Yes, that has to be realistic Ted, if he has one year left ?

We need to get class, athleticism from whoever we bring, and more goals of course.

Back