Match Thread ** Rangers v Dundee - 15:00 Saturday 7th - RangersTV.tv **

Nothing against Miller he's still a decent player great finish and he's played well

But we can't play him in the middle next week we need a stronger midfield

This is the thing.

Because miller scored does it make it the right choice to play him ahead of Cummings ?

We could argue till the cows come home but I’d be looking to the future .

I don’t see anything to be gained by playing a 39 year old just back from injury who’s out of contract in 6 weeks .

Is all very strange .

Holt deserves a chance in midfield. He couldn't do much worse than our midfield in our last three games. Not a worldbeater but a bit of an unsung hardworking midfielder at times. Our midfield players need to be challenged for their starting position. Some seem to think they are like automatic choices.

It'll be 45 mins of clenched arseholes unless we come out the second half a completely different team

This is the thing.

Because miller scored does it make it the right choice to play him ahead of Cummings ?

I don’t see anything to be gained by playing a 39 year old just back from injury who’s out of contract in 6 weeks .

Is all very strange .

It does make it the right thing. He’s been one of the best players on the park whether he’s 39 or 19. Cummings got a chance against Kilmarnock and did nothing to justify selection. Miller plays today, scores a goal and in general has played well. There is no argument worth listening to to suggest that Cummings has been hard done by.

Need to make sure we get the next goal, it’s not been great but we looked a bit more confident after the goal.

Tav and Murphy have been good, Miller took his goal very well

This is the level of analysis we've come to expect in the FF match threads. Thanks.
Just making the point before the usual people start saying we jump on every defeat to criticise him.

We are winning now but he still deserves it, we have been dreadful thanks to his unwillingness to change his failing tactics.

This is the thing.

Is all very strange .
Yes of course it does.

Miller is and always will be a better player than Cummings even despite his age.

A very similar performance to the Kilmarnock one, only difference is the goal. We just look flat and lacking in ideas. Oh aye, and overrun in midfield, who’d have thought it?

This is the thing.

Is all very strange .

I'm not sure Cummings can play that role. Miller has been fine in the 1st half, created some decent chances and scored so I think that pretty much justifies the decision.

Dundee playing some really good football. Glad miller took that well.

Morelos us fustrating to watch

This is the thing.

Is all very strange .

Millers general play was awful, he offers nothing in there to protect the midfield much like Windass .

We were overrun for large periods of the half, the only reason we are winning is because Dundee are a poor side.

We've seen it over and over when we come up against the better teams in the division this system doesn't work.

I think that overall the standard of the scottish league is absolutely shocking and people go overboard when we're winning a game but in the bigger picture we're playing absolutely awful.

Not a great 1st half but Murty justified playing Miller with a well taken goal. Big improvement needed 2nd half

Did you really watch the first half ?

Rangers have been woeful, Murty was taking pelters and Miller for his performance.

This team next week will get ripped apart and Murty will pick it due to Miller getting a goal after an inept first half

Midfield battle has been lost; their defensive frailties have cost them. Caulker looks really poor.

Our defence has been hugely improved with McCrorie coming back into the team: Martin having a good game too.

Miller doing his positionless, headless chicken act minus his well-taken goal. Morelos has worked hard and made space for others.

I'd be tempted to still go for three in midfield for the second half: Candeias off, Goss on.

All things considered, we still look way off the pace, but the fixes seem obvious.

A lacklustre performance so far. Slack at the back and not creating enough chances. We need to improve in the second half.

This is the thing.

Is all very strange .

This lad absolutely devestated we're winning

For me, the main issue is that we lead at half-time. Scrappy game and Kamara is bossing the midfield. The irony is, Dundee reckon we are weak and hence, they attack and therefore open up more to give us some chances. As I said before the game, I'll take any victory today.

The best we’ve played all year is McCrorie at sweeper breaking up any attacking play from opposition. I’d go with that the rest of the year.

Not a great 1st half but Murty justified playing Miller with a well taken goal. Big improvement needed 2nd half
I am not sure we can be certain of that.
How do we know that a different line up and a different shape wouldn't have seen us dominate the game having scored more goals and not giving Dundee two or three free shots at our own goal.
Murty isn't getting anything right at the moment.

It's funny watching the guys who criticise Windass every week cream themselves over Miller when he's done exactly the same as what Windass has been doing for months.

How do you arrive at this conclusion?

Mille has put in a shift, tracked back and been much more visible than Josh

I named Miller in my starting line up on here yesterday for one simple reason,he's got the mentality to play at Ibrox. Incidentally, I had Cummings in, instead of Morelos.

This is the thing.

Is all very strange .
I would prefer an actual midfield of McCrorie Docherty and dorrans next week rather than a striker playing in the 3 .
Even although we are winning we have been cut wide open again in the middle and if we do that next week we are in for a tanking

Candeias, Dorrans and Docherty have been dissapointing. Morelos needs a goal before the scum game. It’s a real worry how we get bullied in MF. One week before the SF and we haven’t even attempted to address this

This lad absolutely devestated we're winning
I think he is right to be concerned.
This isn't good.
We are easily exposed at the back, we aren't controlling the midfield, and Dundee are clearly a very poor side.
Murty is learning nothing and if he gets a win today with such a poor shaped side, then he will go into next week surrendering the midfield to The Filth.
A win is important, but it may well deceive Murty into believing he is right and the rest of the world is wrong.

Cummings will start against Celtic unless Morelos produces some goals in the second half today.

I would prefer an actual midfield of McCrorie Docherty and dorrans next week rather than a striker playing in the 3 .
Even although we are winning we have been cut wide open again in the middle and if we do that next week we are in for a tanking

I agree with you . In fact I’d go 442 against the jumpjets .

Back