West Ham reportedly in for Bassey Exwhuemployee

Poster on here said a while back £15m was on the table already from West Ham , a good club great fit for boy , he’s actually from East End of London aswell , but c,mon to %^*& another few years with us first at least :(. Oh and add another £10m on above figure .

He’ll more than likely want to leave - and that will force our hand.

Unfortunately it might mean 20m with a series of add-ons to ease the pain.

It’s going to be painful to watch.

Big man’s worth, at the absolute least, £20m. If he ever goes for any less than that, then Ross Wilson isn’t doing his job right and should be hunted.

£20m is utterly lowballing mind you, but that’s the numbers we should be talking. Realistically they lad is worth, in my eyes, £28m minimum, but I’m not a DoF and haven’t a fucking clue.

Someone will need to part with some serious money, in fact, Scottish record transfer fee type of money.

Any fee in the region of £20m would need to have a good sell on fee % and fees for appearances etc.

Hopefully we get another couple of seasons with him and sell for a lot more.

Unfortunately it's a by-product of him being so good for us. I'd love to keep him for years to come. However EL team of the year and many plaudits is always going to attract interest. When Premier League teams etc start to come in for players there's a sense of inevitability about it. £25m+ and then we can start to talk imo.

In terms of versatility and recent performance at a higher level, he’s in a better place than when Tierney left the scum. His hips also aren’t made of rich tea. £25m plus HAS to be the very lowest starting point.
This. Anything less is lowballing, by ourselves.

Sell for the right price, let’s see what kind of players Gio will be looking to get in, let’s face it the teams more or less still all Gerrard’s signings

We should be getting more than they got for Tierney if he's sold.

The fact that he counts as a homegrown player for EPL squads only strengthens his value to EPL teams further. Bassey represents the absolute maximum you could get for a player from Scotland IMO.

West Ham United have opened talks to sign Rangers defender Calvin Bassey this summer, according to @ExWHUemployee.

From West Ham Central twitter page. Ex is usually pretty spot on with West Ham news.
Yes he seems to be on the ball with West Ham news.
From our point of view we need to be keeping players like Bassey, understand money talks but selling him should be further down the line.

There will be more than one club bidding for Calvin. He's a future international defender. If we accept £ 20 million, I'll be more than disappointed. Let the auction start at £ 30 million.

Home grown for English teams, English although he can’t play for them, left footed, can play in more one position and one obviously being left sided center back

We should absolutely be looking at a record fee

Has to be a big big fee, the boy has just proved himself in a European Final and he’s only 22. Would be gutted for him to leave but if it was upwards of 20 million then we could invest all of that and really transform the team.

There will be more than one club bidding for Calvin. He's a future England defender. If we accept £ 20 million, I'll be more than disappointed. Let the auction start at £ 30 million.
Committed to Nigeria already so can’t play for England or Italy anymore

I think there’s always a tendency among some to grasp at outlandish figures when this player or that are attracting attention from top clubs, but where Bassey is concerned there’s a very real and relevant precedent on what we should expect to receive and that’s based on the £25m the Yahoos got for Tierney.

Bassey is the same age as Tierney was when he left and there’s a good argument to say he’s achieved a good deal more.

He was our standout player in the final, as he’d been in just about every round that preceded it. He’s also just made UEFA’s official team of the tournament and his energy and strength directly contributed to our reaching tomorrow’s Scottish Cup final.

He’s inevitably going to attract some serious interest now and we do need to acknowledge that our financial model of self sustainability is going to require us to sell some players at their optimum point of value, but he is only 22 so I’ll be delighted if we manage to hold on to him for another season in the hope he can help drive us firstly into the Champions League and secondly to the Scottish title next season.

He will be within the home grown category for Europe for English clubs, that should increase his worth. £20m should be minimum.

My concern is he might have a release clause that doesn't reflect his true value
He was signed from a development agreement, I'd be very surprised if they had release clauses at that contract level. But now you've said it, it's got me shitting myself that we could lose him for buttons.

Yeah we need to sell at the right time whilst his stock is at his highest .

I would imagine he is not on too much at Rangers given we signed him from Leicester academy (cant remember if he signed a new deal ) . Not sure if this would have an effect on the price we can ask.

I think there will be a few in for him though which will drive up the price .

The dressing room seems so tight that as soon as one goes, I fear others might just decide it’s their time - especially lads such as Bassey, Aribo & Kamara.
Maybe have an effect on him , as I honestly think Kamara only signed another deal to go in summer , Aribo don’t think will sign another so he may see this as his time to go, have a feeling some of the core of team will feel have went as far as can with the club .

Interesting tweet on the FF Twitter account:

“New contracts (or extensions) can often be agreed between player, agent, & club even when all concerned are reasonably confident that said deal will soon be replaced by a new & improved one at a new club. Player, agent, club (bigger fee) all win. #protestantreformer #dameshirley”

He’s going but we’ve given him a new deal in order to drive up the selling price - at least, that’s how I’m reading it.

Yes he seems to be on the ball with West Ham news.
From our point of view we need to be keeping players like Bassey, understand money talks but selling him should be further down the line.
We've no chance of holding onto any player that wants to go, especially when bids start arriving from the EPL - anyone that shines is offski - Patterson was away after half a season, Gilmour when he just started shaving, and ditto Rory Wilson...

If our back up right back goes for £16m then one of our players of the season, who also made the Europa team of the season should be going for at least double that. Anything less then we are under valuing the player and selling the family silver off on the cheap.

Bassey is a monster and has the potential to be a top centre half for any club in the world one day possibly.

I think he is that good.

He has showed it on the big stage and he has two years on his contract. He is better than Patterson. We shouldn't accept less than £25m.

That’s the business model. Identity young talent , showcase their talent at a top level club and sell on. For every one we get right we could probably afford three or four that don’t work out. Will be sad to lose him he has been exceptional.

Back