West Ham reportedly in for Bassey Exwhuemployee

West Ham were supposedly interested in him while he was still at Leicester.

Big man’s worth, at the absolute least, £20m. If he ever goes for any less than that, then Ross Wilson isn’t doing his job right and should be hunted.

£20m is utterly lowballing mind you, but that’s the numbers we should be talking. Realistically they lad is worth, in my eyes, £28m minimum, but I’m not a DoF and haven’t a fucking clue.

Someone will need to part with some serious money, in fact, Scottish record transfer fee type of money.

Poster on here said a while back £15m was on the table already from West Ham , a good club great fit for boy , he’s actually from East End of London aswell , but c,mon to %^*& another few years with us first at least :(. Oh and add another £10m on above figure .

West Ham United have opened talks to sign Rangers defender Calvin Bassey this summer, according to @ExWHUemployee.

From West Ham Central twitter page. Ex is usually pretty spot on with West Ham news.
He is a fairly reliable source for WHU info. The article I read though had him 'in collaboration' with The Fourth official - who is a numbskull.

WHU will have interest. I have no doubt about that given the ExWHUemployee link.

Stupid money or else I'm hunting down Wilson and Co.
I’m hoping that due to the European run and guaranteed group stage football next season that we don’t feel the need to sell on the cheap

But yeah no idea with Wilson and co unfortunately. Probably sell for £10m and reinvest £2m of it

Given his mum still lives in Beckton (as I recall from the YouTube video that did the rounds on his upbringing), that would probably be more attractive to him. The report of Fulham preparing a £4m bid though has me thinking that the Patterson deal has not had the effect it should have had - as in, don't even ask if you are going to offer something silly.

Can see something like this happening.

Add in the fact that Aribo and Kamara are likely to leave I can see Bassey looking at a move back to London as being very appealing.

I think £25 million is probably a fair price for both parties. Premier League is a step up in class, but Bassey has proved that he's absolutely got what it takes to compete at that level with his European performances. £25 million plus a future sell on clause would be excellent business for us.

Of course, I don't want to let him go as he is one of our best (if not the best) players but we are not in the position to offer him the same wages that he could get at West Ham.

Back