West Ham reportedly in for Bassey Exwhuemployee

To be honest I would be disappointed with £25m. He’s performed against teams who have played/do play at the highest level. He’s come up against £50m players and not given them a sniff, on top of that his build, speed and trickery make him even more valuable - as you just don’t see players like this very often.

It would be a real shame to see Bassey go, however, we also need to act when our players stock is at its highest. Player values are pretty volatile, it seems unlikely at the moment given his trajectory, but a drop off in performance or an unlucky injury could see his value drop just as quickly. As an aside he's entering the last two years of a contract and if there isn't going to be an extension then this is the prime time to cash in. Its going to be a long summer with a lot of the core of our squad being linked with moves away.

Considering what we were able to get for Patterson, we should be looking at 20 million plus.

You're not signing a prospect here, you're signing a guy who has proven himself against some top teams who will slot right into your first team squad and can play both left back and centre back.

Its not often I take seriously transfer links suggested on the internet. However, I do believe that Calvin will leave Ibrox after an " obscene amount " is offered for his signature. If 2 or 3 top English clubs are involved, we'll smash the Scottish transfer fee record.

If he were to go in the summer if the club can’t get North of £20mill then there’s something seriously wrong. The boy is improving every game and at 22 will only get better.

He will be attracting interest no doubt. He's a hell of a player and going to keep getting better. Our board etc. need to have their heads screwed right on in dealing with him though if there is a potential sale. He is a fantastic prospect. One of our best players and has just shone in a European final.

It's not even a slight exaggeration to be expecting close to £30m for him. Especially to an English team with the over inflated market down there. For us £30m is a superb player, to them it's getting a bang average bench warmer. They're not getting that with Bassey but we're not going to get into the stupid money for him either.

I genuinely hope we can hold on to Bassey for another season or two. Perhaps get him a new contract that gives us fantastic sell on options as well as I am convinced he is going to be an exceptional player.

Bassey was probably our 'stand-out' defender. Strong, pacey and good going forward. He is also relatively young and will only get better.

Tavernier is more of a goal threat than Bassey but lacks his defensive qualities. Tav is also on the wrong side of 30 which makes him less attractive. In addition, we already have Barisic who can play the left back position, Leon King who can slot into the central defence, Balogun and Helander. So we aren't short of options.

Of all our players, Bassey was the one who I thought might attract the bids so this doesn't surprise me. We can all put our fantasy numbers up on here but it will come down to the club's valuation and it will be a commercial decision in the end.

You just know these wasters will come in with a derogatory £10-15m to test the water when he was the best player in a Europa League final. He's easily worth £25m upwards. It makes absolutely no fkn difference what league he's playing in, if he's the standout player in a Europa League final and he's playing for a Barcelona you know he's not going for anything less than £30m.

Think we are going to lose 2 or 3 this summer due to contract situations and how high some players stock has risen.

Bassey is the one I really don't want to see go but he will likely net us the most money. But 20mil absolutely has to be the base starting point. To clubs like West Ham this is nothing. Aribo is probably a cert to head south too. After that probably one of Alfie or Kent if contracts can't be extended, we can't allow anyone else to run down contracts like Goldson has.

Bassey’s versatility to perform as a centre back or left back should have us talking £20m + alone. Then you add he’s a full Nigerian international, qualifies as home grown and has played in a Europa league final…

New contract should be first on our agenda either way.

Think we are going to lose 2 or 3 this summer due to contract situations and how high some players stock has risen.

Bassey is the one I really don't want to see go but he will likely net us the most money. But 20mil absolutely has to be the base starting point. To clubs like West Ham this is nothing. Aribo is probably a cert to head south too. After that probably one of Alfie or Kent if contracts can't be extended, we can't allow anyone else to run down contracts like Goldson has.

The one player I would want to keep is Morelos because we simply don't have anyone like him. For all the others, we either have cover, youngsters coming up or we can go into the transfer market.

We will somehow manage to negotiate it down to £5 million with "2 million of addons lol.

You just know these wasters will come in with a derogatory £10-15m to test the water when he was the best player in a Europa League final. He's easily worth £25m upwards. It makes absolutely no fkn difference what league he's playing in, if he's the standout player in a Europa League final and he's playing for a Barcelona you know he's not going for anything less than £30m.
thought I read somewhere that there's been a £15m offer on the table for months

If West Ham genuinely think that Declan Rice is worth £150 million plus. Then they better start the negotiations for Bassey with a very high respectable starting bid.

And I hope big Calvin tells them to F right off

Would rather we get a trophy before start thinking about ripping the squad apart
Players will be going this summer. Everybody loves Bassey and rightly so, but if an EPL team come in with serious money then you have to accept it. If you can pull in £20-£30m from a couple of sales and reinvest a lot of it back into the squad by buying 4-5 players, then that is the model we need to follow.

Bassey has literally everything to be a top top players.

We just played in a Europa League final, if clubs want him - it’s going to cost them significantly

Players will be going this summer. Everybody loves Bassey and rightly so, but if an EPL team come in with serious money then you have to accept it. If you can pull in £20-£30m from a couple of sales and reinvest a lot of it back into the squad by buying 4-5 players, then that is the model we need to follow.

Like it or not, we are a 'selling club'. However, we have a tremendous group of youngsters coming up and we have seen that there is value to be had in the transfer market. Look what we paid for Bassey, Morelos, Lundstram, Kamara and Aribo!

In addition, after this Euro run, we will be a very attractive proposition for good players looking to make their big breakthrough.

Patterson went for £16m and only played 13 games for us. Bassey has played pretty much every game this season, been the standout player in the Europa League Final and has a couple of caps for Nigeria. He can also play in two positions and has incredible skill, physicality and pace. We must be looking at the kind of money the Tims got for biscuit hips.

It's all about precedence and we should definitely be setting it given Patterson's transfer.

The dressing room seems so tight that as soon as one goes, I fear others might just decide it’s their time - especially lads such as Bassey, Aribo & Kamara.
Celtic have shown that you can sell players for good money and bring in replacements that'll make you competitive and we have to start that too. The three you've listed are probably the most attractive to English teams alongside Kent.

Just full of creativity and invention when it comes to looking for players are Moyes and West Ham.

"Young lad who played against the team than destroyed us, lets sign him." :rolleyes:

I wanted us to move Borna or Balogun on and get Bassey as the key starter in either position next season. As is, we might really need to strike when the iron is hot and cash in on the big man.

It'd be a real shame to lose him so soon after he's exploded into our team, but we have to sell some of our assets at the right time and if the fee is correct, we have to wish the big fella well.

£25m bare fucking minimum, with a good sell-on too.

Big Bassey has been brilliant season,I would be gutted to see him go.
£25M bid would soften the blow.

Back