Billy Gilmour loan.

We will be next season if Kamara goes and if Aribo goes and with Davis being a year older, even if Stevie stays.
Gilmour fits the bill as a player who can get around the pitch, take a ball under pressure and be relied upon to help keep possession.
Perfect for European football.
That’s what I have been thinking re losing Kamara and aribo - I would also include Ryan jacks fitness - a pre season might see him back to full fitness but at the moment we seem to be manging his. Pitch time
I think gilmour would be a good signing for us

Gilmour was always going to have trouble in that Norwich team this season. Not taking him off the back of that is unfair.

I think we can brace ourselves for the same problems we had with Diallo if we bring him in. However, he may be capable of providing moments of absolute magic that make him worth having in the squad.

Aye ok KDB just won the EPL, Salah is playing in CL final and Gilmour got relegated with Norwich...levels
I think the guys point is that kdb and Lukaku were both punted out of Chelsea aged 23 having barely registered anything, Salah the same aged 24.

Gilmour is only 20 and arguably has greater potential.

And i take it you have watched every minute hes played

He cant carry a whole team himself, norwich have nothing about them, how is anyone meant to stand out in that team

I just do not get the hype surrounding him at all, I just do not see it and obviously Norwich fans who do watch him when he plays feel the same.

I just do not get the hype surrounding him at all, I just do not see it and obviously Norwich fans who do watch him when he plays feel the same.
I dont watch norwich so cant comment, but apparantly been good for scotland and seen him for chelsea under lampard and he looked good, plays better when he has decent players around him maybe, id take gilmour over ramsey for another season

I dont watch norwich so cant comment, but apparantly been good for scotland and seen him for chelsea under lampard and he looked good, plays better when he has decent players around him maybe, id take gilmour over ramsey for another season
Fair enough.

He is not the style of footballer we need.

Hypothetically if he has been at us on loan at us this season I think he would hardly have played, Lundstram, Jack and Kamara would probably have been picked ahead of him.

It is crazy that he wouldn't even count as home grown despite spending 7 years in our youth team.

Wanted Gilmour last summer but genuinely not that bothered about him anymore, especially on loan.

Would like us to sign a slightly more dynamic, forward thinking, goalscoring central midfielder.

Gilmour is a bit of a deep lying possession midfielder from what I've seen of him amd we already have Jack, Kamara and Lundstram for that position.

Kamara will most likely be leaving.

Jack can't play a full season.

Hype like this means players will never live up to expectations.
Maybe so, but we're allowed opinions based upon what we see, and I can't recall a Scottish player as good at that age since Ferguson. Will he get better than that? Who knows, but he has every opportunity.

Drove by him today in his parents garden, wish I had shouted out and put the rumour to bed early lol

Fwiw friends of family and stevie from 4lads (mums cousin I'm sure) is saying nothing in it

Kinda what I said to them, but he couldn’t get a game in their midfield.

He disappeared for long periods of games, according to them.

I don't think there's any chance he'll make it at Chelsea, so it'll be interesting to see where he goes.
He started 21 of the 33 games he was available for and played in all 4 of Norwichs' cup games.
He played over 2000 minutes, completing the full 90 in 15 games.

Now I can't really say how well he played, but the fact I can easily rip apart what you've been told about him not getting a game suggests your mate isn't being entirely honest about how Billy did at Carrow Road.

Know nothing about this but I’m thinking any move would be reliant on who we move out and for how much. Way to early to say it’s a done deal as I read somewhere else. But for age and potential I’d say yes.

Not for me. He made his choice.
As did Allan McGregor, Steven Davis et al.
He made a life changing decision that will have secured his financial life for the remainder of his days, and exposed him to a superior level of training, player and facilities, can hardly blame him can you?

Good wee footballer but too similar in style to what we already have. We need a midfielder who can score us 15+ goals a season rather than another holding player.

Can’t see Chelsea making decisions on players at the moment. Deal is not finalised to buy the club yet, if it goes wrong, they may have to sell players and be restricted in who they buy.

Its not a likely scenario, but its likely enough to make them pause for a few weeks.

I think the guys point is that kdb and Lukaku were both punted out of Chelsea aged 23 having barely registered anything, Salah the same aged 24.

Gilmour is only 20 and arguably has greater potential.
Greater potential than Kevin De Bruybe?

You would think we'll be avoiding loans in general from now on, especially with a couple of outstanding youngsters in King and Lowry who should be pushing for more game time next season.

We don't really need a player like that. We've just reached a European final without one and we sure as hell don't need it for the Scottish game. Our midfielders need to have a bit more to them than just being excellent on the ball.

Were you able to make sound life choices at fifteen years old?

I hadn’t even had ma hole at fifteen ffs
That still isnt giving him shit.
Hundreds of thousands of kids have to make choices that will shape their future at 15. Sorry if I'm not caring about a guy making hundreds of thousands a year.

As did Allan McGregor, Steven Davis et al.
He made a life changing decision that will have secured his financial life for the remainder of his days, and exposed him to a superior level of training, player and facilities, can hardly blame him can you?
No I don't blame him. But doesn't mean I want him back. All about opinions.

He started 21 of the 33 games he was available for and played in all 4 of Norwichs' cup games.
He played over 2000 minutes, completing the full 90 in 15 games.

Now I can't really say how well he played, but the fact I can easily rip apart what you've been told about him not getting a game suggests your mate isn't being entirely honest about how Billy did at Carrow Road.

He was overall pretty poor based on what I've read from a lot of Norwich fans who I'm sure watched an awful lot more of him than anyone here.

Go onto any Norwich forum and they’ll tell you how Gilmour played last season. In a poor team or not.

Back