Seville's mayor says Rangers fans helped generate £68 million for their economy

Many thanks to the Mayor, but I am sick and tiered of all the negativity that has been sprouted over the years associated with our club.

FIFA awarding them the best supporters in the world makes me sick, this is just about as bad as them repeating, the first British club to win the European Cup, funny that, because as I see it they are the only British Club that hates our Union Jack, the Queen and our illustrious Military. Don't figure EH!

A quick bit of fag paper maths here and if there was a 100000 Bears in Seville that is 750 euros per average fan spend or £680. Add in all the other journeys and locations we went or came from on our travels to get to Seville and the sums and dedication of a Rangers fan to follow the team is astounding.

Our flights and tickets didn't all go in to the Seville economy but we certainly did our best when we were there with taxis and food and drinks.

Yet they couldn't provide safe drinking water. They should never hold another final in Spain after treating fans of both teams like dirt.

And yet there was no public transport / shuttle buses between Sevilla stadium and the fanzone meaning we had to walk 8km after the match.

I’m glad the extra €2 they charged for water when they restocked boosted the economy.
Scenic route?

Many thanks to the Mayor, but I am sick and tiered of all the negativity that has been sprouted over the years associated with our club.

FIFA awarding them the best supporters in the world makes me sick, this is just about as bad as them repeating, the first British club to win the European Cup, funny that, because as I see it they are the only British Club that hates our Union Jack, the Queen and our illustrious Military. Don't figure EH!
FIFA done nothing of the sort. You’re opening wide and swallowing their propaganda

They got a "Fair Play award" for their "behaviour" *vomit. (which they canvassed and lobbied for)
Nothing more nothing less.

This best fans in the world shite is how they and their media puppets sold it.

I was in Seville at the start of May, went to a nice wee bar when I was there with the missus that I ended up going back to with my mates.

Sitting having a few beers that two weeks before cost me about 3 euro each. Three beers in a Frankfurt supporter we were speaking to pointed out a sign on the wall saying they were 7.50 each! Wasn't even a pint.

They'd have made even more than 68 million if the whole city wasn't closed after the game, struggled to even find somewhere just to get a bottle of water and some crisps. We walked about looking for somewhere and eventually spotted a big queue of people and thought brilliant finally a shop - it was a queue for a fucking vending machine in a hotel lobby.
I might have been in that queue - the only thing I could get to eat after the game was a packet of Haribos from a hotel vending machine!

Was pretty poor that nothing was open after the game.

FIFA didn’t award them any such thing.

Saw at least three before the final all claiming to be spanish.

Rabid 1....A picture of "her" with a black and broken cheekbone. Claiming to be attacked by Rangers fans.
Quickly shown to be a pic of someone kicked by a horse years ago.

Rabid 2...A picture of a wrecked bar by Rangers fans.
Again quickly shown to be a hurricane damaged bar in America!

Rabid 3...A Spanish paramedic, I think saying was attacked whilst helping a child stab victim!
Quick look and showed she was a Tim as well!!

I am sure there were plenty more.
But they weren't bothered about us being in the final? :))

The Stadium was a joke, I had very high seat very very scary, the water situation was dangerous I had to rehydrate with five 1/2 litres of water on bus on way back to Benelmadena not great with my medical requirements. Thank god our driver provided plenty of water.

The hotels in Seville must have contributed massively to his £60+ million as they quadrupled + + + their accommodation prices (profiteering beyond belief) I must say in praise of UEFA their ticket app worked very well albeit I had serious concerns before the game.
WATP

Watch the difference today and tomorrow in Paris as UEFA roll out the carpet for their cash cow champions league final. Granted think it’s only to be around 22degrees and even cooler by kick off but you can guarantee there will be plenty of water and every kiosk will be open. Wonder how much the estimated 45,000 Liverpool fans will generate for Paris?

The dark side still desperately trying to unearth some negative stories about Seville and here's another positive one. More digging required, there must be something. Wallopers.

"The forecasts before the final were 60 million Euros [£51 million] for the Seville economy. The figures are in now and they are in fact 75 million Euros (£68 million).

"I want to praise the public services, cleaning and transport sections and security in the city last week. Everything worked like clockwork.

"There was absolutely no damage to any of our heritage sites. I saw pictures claiming there was damage in the Plaza de Espana, for example, but they are undoubtedly fake. It's a lie to say it was damaged, there was no vandalism.

"Of course, conditions were not ideal for the Seville population and there is always room for improvements

"But we have received congratulations of hoteliers, commercial leaders and UEFA for the organisation of the final with regard to the city of Seville."

Whit about the benches?

Rabid 1....A picture of "her" with a black and broken cheekbone. Claiming to be attacked by Rangers fans.

Rabid 3...A Spanish paramedic, I think saying was attacked whilst helping a child stab victim!

That silly nationalist cow in the airport trying her hardest to get upset by our fans having a beer.

The dark side still desperately trying to unearth some negative stories about Seville and here's another positive one. More digging required, there must be something. Wallopers.
Other than a few idiots indulging in the moronic "We hate Catholics" chant when the fanzone played the Tiffany song it was an overriding success.

Well done to the Rangers support.

I was in Seville at the start of May, went to a nice wee bar when I was there with the missus that I ended up going back to with my mates.

Sitting having a few beers that two weeks before cost me about 3 euro each. Three beers in a Frankfurt supporter we were speaking to pointed out a sign on the wall saying they were 7.50 each! Wasn't even a pint.
They'd have made even more than 68 million if the whole city wasn't closed after the game, struggled to even find somewhere just to get a bottle of water and some crisps. We walked about looking for somewhere and eventually spotted a big queue of people and thought brilliant finally a shop - it was a queue for a fucking vending machine in a hotel lobby.

Dirty bugger. :))

I spent a grand total of €20 in Seville (including €6 parking). Cheapest day at the football ever.

Gran Alacant did well out of me though.

Take the stadium issues out of the debate, I thought it was a fantastic city that welcomed us and had clearly planned properly for it.
Forgetting the stadium issues (and the result) Seville is now on my bucket list of places to visit.
From the pictures and testimony of people who were at the match it seems to be a beautiful, historic city with friendly inhabitants.
Worth a visit?

Forgetting the stadium issues (and the result) Seville is now on my bucket list of places to visit.
From the pictures and testimony of people who were at the match it seems to be a beautiful, historic city with friendly inhabitants.
Worth a visit?
Yup, I'm hoping to go there with my wife (no pics) later this year.

Its pathetic that a major of a major foreign city had to make such a comment. What a sad existence they must have.

Loved the city, loved the people.. even that big Catholic cathedral was stunning.got my photo with the john Paul II STATUE..
JUST WISHED THE MOVIE HAD A HAPPIER ENDING..

All lies
We wrecked the place , had to be controlled by water cannons and never enjoyed the relationship the peg sellers had.
The sick fucks are ragin.

"The forecasts before the final were 60 million Euros [£51 million] for the Seville economy. The figures are in now and they are in fact 75 million Euros (£68 million).

"I want to praise the public services, cleaning and transport sections and security in the city last week. Everything worked like clockwork.

"There was absolutely no damage to any of our heritage sites. I saw pictures claiming there was damage in the Plaza de Espana, for example, but they are undoubtedly fake. It's a lie to say it was damaged, there was no vandalism.

"Of course, conditions were not ideal for the Seville population and there is always room for improvements

"But we have received congratulations of hoteliers, commercial leaders and UEFA for the organisation of the final with regard to the city of Seville."
How many benches is that though?

Incredible how much of a difference Rangers make in Europe.

Not surprised the hoteliers were congratulating, given the prices they were charging.
What!!!

Where I was it was €2 a pint and around €6.50 for an amazing hamburger or a huge chicken sarnie with all the trimings.

El Portil Surf Bar Loyal.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I found the prices pretty reasonable.

6 of us in a tapas; 24 dishes, 17 beers, 0.5l water, a bottle of Albariño, 2 jugs sangria, bread, breadsticks, olives etc - €134.40
Tell the truth,.you still have hold of the bill dont you lol?

You were able to tell every item,

In all seriousness though,that is pretty reasonable

Back