Aaron Ramsey's Juve Contract Set To Be Terminated

Would you take Ramsey on a permanent contract?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Even if all the rangers fans wanted him back realistically I don’t think we could afford him, he will still be looking for a big money deal I would imagine, more than what we could afford for a player that never seemed fit. If he wasn’t fit enough to play most games then I don’t see what would change next season.

He's done, he will never be fit enough to play the amount of games to make it worth our while
Does anyone actually have a pay as you play only deal or is it only on here and football manager it exists ?

Blows my mind that a third of the people in the poll have voted 'yes'. It's as obvious a 'no' as an offer of anal with Ann Widdecombe.

I'd have him back but it's not going to happen and it's probably for the best.

A section of the support simply won't forgive him for that penalty.
No issue with the penalty personally, it can and has happened to better players in even bigger finals. Think it’s harsh people talking about ego too because I don’t think he ever showed any signs of thinking he’s above us. In fact I think he’s very likeable.

My reason for saying ‘no’ was really simple. He can’t stay fit and even when he did appear to be fit enough to play Gio still opted to keep him on the bench much of the time which speaks volumes. And of course wages, I just don’t see him accepting the sort of wage that he’s truly worth giving his lack of reliability, and there’s no way we should be paying £25-30k plus for the odd game and the odd flash of brilliance.

Can’t believe over 200 people voted yes. I imagine a few imposters have been voting.
Don’t even think it’s that, I think there are (and will always be) fans who just love a big name and allow their perception of a player’s actual performances to be skewed by the name.

We have enough injury prone players.

If Lowry hadn't burst onto the scene and at a cheap wage, I'd have probably taken Ramsey on a free.

Lowry though has shown he is more than capable for the amount of games Ramsey would be fit. Signing Ramsey would just be a pathway blocker for Lowry and potentially stiffle his development.

He can't play a sustained run of games. Genuinely interested to see where he ends up. It will be a team with more money than sens. So a few in the EPL are candidates.

While people saying ‘no’ are explaining why they wouldn’t take him, I’d love to hear the reasoning behind people who think he’s worth a contract (keeping in mind his likely wage demands etc). Personally, from everything we’ve seen and know I can’t fathom why anyone would think it’s a gamble worth taking.

He can't play a sustained run of games. Genuinely interested to see where he ends up. It will be a team with more money than sens. So a few in the EPL are candidates.
Some shitty no mark EPL club who can afford to gamble on a big wage.

I would take him in a heartbeat if we could fit it into the wage structure as I think there is a genuinely top class player in there, and I’m always the optimist that we’d *fix* him and get him fit.
Thankfully, though, I think Gio is probably much smarter about this than me and would look at what he’s had in the last 4 months and believe he can find much better value for the wage, rather than taking a chance on what might be with a player who you could argue hasn’t shown the heart/desire to be fit and available.

32% actually want him back.

Thats mental.

He barely played for us.. what was it? 3/4 starts?

Hes completely done as a professional footballer.

Only if he was on a really low wage tbh. We’ve already seen he can’t stay fit for long, 7 games since January IIRC he played

F#ck's sake, naw. Let some cash laden non entity Club somewhere pish their season's budget on him. Let them regret it...

Decent guy; tremendous player in his day.
However a complete wrong fit for us given his time out with injuries,
and what can only be assumed as not being considered by GvB to be in good enough
form, or possibly fit enough to earn a place in the starting XI most weeks.
It`s a no from me, and as such he will never have the chance to even begin redeem
the miss in Seville.
As stated above, anyone can miss a penalty; but to us it meant the world.
His fame and fortune will mean it is forgotten in a relative blink of an eye;
to our support the name Aaron Ramsey will be forever synonymous with Seville.

I can’t even recall a 10 minute period in a match where he really impressed.

A couple of nice touches and intelligent runs but no sustained period of midfield domination or looking unplayable.

Contrast with Ryan Jack who also struggles to complete 90 minutes but is usually excellent for whatever period he does play.
And people compared him with Gazza,sorry, I don't see it..

A humongous, easy no.

Don’t mind Ramsey but no more injury prone players should be anywhere near consideration.

No Thanks. Don't blame him for missing a penalty can happen to anyone but a big fat no from me. Let some mugs down south with loads of TV cash pay him £75k a week to sit on their rehab table

Voted no but with a pre-season behind him it might help aid the fitness he looked as if he was lacking when he first arrived. He always gave the impression he had not interest on staying on anyway so it won't happen.

Voted yes, but it would only be if he was willing to take a squad players wage due to his game time ie 5k a week, which won’t happen

Voted no but with a pre-season behind him it might help aid the fitness he looked as if he was lacking when he first arrived. He always gave the impression he had not interest on staying on anyway so it won't happen.
Pre-season will make no difference.

It’s quite clearly as much of a mental problem as it is a physical problem with Ramsey.

Not surprised at this. Fair to say if it wasn't for injuries, things would've went much better. Still a good player. Question marks remain over his fitness though. Would you take him on a permanent deal? (Presuming it's within our wage structure etc).
No.

I don’t think that’s the case. Anyone can miss a penalty.

Most people realise though that it would be nuts to pay Ramsay a lot of money to play for a quarter of a season.
I agree, it's not the penalty, just fitness for me.

Unfortunately eintracht looked like they would keep scoring until one of ours missed. Always prefer to take the first penalty.

Baggios penalty on the biggest stage of all, proves it can happen to the best.

The boy is a player. The main issue is his fitness and injuries. I wonder if with the correct training and physio he would be a regular starter.

FWIW, I don't think GVB rates him.

Crazy how many people want him back.

Current injury aside his body has declined so much that he barely stood out more than someone like Arfield for example.

Thought he would look lightyears ahead of anyone in this league but he really didn’t.

He's as fit as he is going to get and it just isn't good enough for us to justify a fat wage.

We move on.

Absolutely would not take him.

Old, high wage and injury prone players are exactly the type of player we should not be signing.

We need more young Bassey type signings who will have a big resale value. Having too many old high wage guys with no resale value is financially crippling, it is good to have a few of them, but not too many.

Back