Jurgen Klopp.Yay Or Nay

That Barca team came third or 4th the season before he took over & he had them playing lightyears above anyone else. People say it was impossible not to win with the players he had, but he coached him into being that good. Nobody went on about Xavi & Iniesta before Pep coached them. Look at Sterling, people laughed at Man City for spending that money on him, but Pep helped him take his game to another level.

You slag him for only being at top clubs, but doesn't the fact all the top clubs want him tell you something? Doubt he's going to go to a rubbish club just to prove a point to the Rt. Hon. Bearman!
Why hasn’t he won the CL with the richest club in the world? Serious question.

Also failed with Bayern.

He’s a top coach, but he’s only ever been at the top club in each country he’s managed in.

Went to Bayern, couldn’t win the CL.

Went to Man City, couldn’t win the CL.

Won the CL with Barcelona, but in truth it would have been harder not to.
TBF hes been at the top clubs because he is a top manager. Hes hardly going to be managing Watford.

Its like saying Messi and Ronaldo are only top players because they played for top clubs.

Great manager but squad is one of the most dislikable in premier league history

I thought Real Madrid were usually a bunch of diving bastards but as soon as anyone went near Salah, Mane and Diaz they just hit the deck constantly.

Also failed with Bayern.
Because CL titles aren’t bought? Which coincidentally is why the richest club in the world don’t win it every year, and why until recently not one club had ever managed to retain it?

Completely overlooking the mere fact that he has reached 4 European finals!

How many has Pep reached with the biggest chequebook in world football?

One. And he lost it.

Put Pep in charge of a side like Spurs and Man Utd right now, then we’ll see how good he is.

Pep to Klopp...show me your Champions League winners medals.

One winner.

Why would one of the greatest managers ever go to a shitty team like Spurs or Man Utd? The best players in the world wouldn't.

Also failed with Bayern.

Because it's not that easy to win it?

Sir Alex, often regarded as the greatest manager of all time, only won it twice in 25+ years with Man Utd.

Because everyone makes out like Klopp is this happy go lucky type whereas he's a bit of a helmet. Nothing wrong with that in itself, but just don't make him out to be something he's not.
He can be a helmet and he can be a charming, funny guy. I personally think he's done a brilliant job at Liverpool. I just don't get why his image is so important to some here. It's a bit weird to me having such a strongly negative opinion about a football manager that has nothing to do with us, our league or Scottish football in General. You'd think he was a cross between Fred West and Harold Shipman the way some folk are going on.

Pep to Klopp...show me your Champions League winners medals.

One winner.

Why would one of the greatest managers ever go to a shitty team like Spurs or Man Utd? The best players in the world wouldn't.

Because it's not that easy to win it?

Sir Alex, often regarded as the greatest manager of all time, only won it twice in 25+ years with Man Utd.
Messi would have won nothing if he was playing for Stoke!

He can be a helmet and he can be a charming, funny guy. I personally think he's done a brilliant job at Liverpool. I just don't get why his image is so important to some here. It's a bit weird to me having such a strongly negative opinion about a football manager that has nothing to do with us, our league or Scottish football in General. You'd think he was a cross between Fred West and Harold Shipman the way some folk are going on.
Fred West and Harold Shipman have done nothing to Rangers either but they are still cvnts.

In 7 seasons at Liverpool he has won a Champions League,Premier League,FA Cup and a League Cup.
Is he classed as a success or a failure?
For me he is somewhere in the middle
A success. Compare where they are now with where they were when he came in. It’s night and day.

For 30 years, Liverpool were nothing special. A couple of second places aside, they were effectively a decent cup team in the noughties and nothing more.

Three Champions League finals in six and a half years and if City weren’t owned by a state then he’d have three Premier League titles. A monkey off the clubs back by winning the league cup and FA Cup this season.

A success. Compare where they are now with where they were when he came in. It’s night and day.

For 30 years, Liverpool were nothing special. A couple of second places aside, they were effectively a decent cup team in the noughties and nothing more.

Three Champions League finals in six and a half years and if City weren’t owned by a state then he’d have three Premier League titles. A monkey off the clubs back by winning the league cup and FA Cup this season.
Stevie G carried them for about ten years when they were average

Tell you what the 90’s and 9 in a row must have been a bit hollow for a lot of bears on here given the financial power we had. Can’t be viewed as much of an achievement on Walter’s part either clearly.
We were instrumental in getting the winners of "unworthy" leagues kicked out of automatic Champions league places iirc. That move has come back and bitten us in the arse big time. We lorded it over most teams through our finances, signing huge name stars. I don't know 1 fan who complained it wasn't fair at the time.

We got left behind but now we have a healthy budget are we any different to the big clubs in the top leagues, just on a smaller scale? I'm sure Hertz and Hivs would love our spending power.

In 7 seasons at Liverpool he has won a Champions League,Premier League,FA Cup and a League Cup.
Definitely not classed as a failure, as you would already know.

Rafa Benitez had them in two CL finals in 3 years yet he’s viewed as some sort of joke figure, safe to say its also harder to beat Milan in a final (second only to Madrid on the all time winners list) than to beat Spurs. Also won the UEFA cup in his last year at Valencia, so 3 European finals in 4 years. Add an FA cup to that too.

Rodgers was a baw hair from winning the title a couple of seasons prior to Klopp coming in. Klopp’s brilliant but if you didn’t actually know anything about Liverpool and read this thread you’d think they were some sort of Leicester City type club before he rolled up, although curiously enough Leicester have won the league as many times as he has since he’s been there.

Last edited:
We were instrumental in getting the winners of "unworthy" leagues kicked out of automatic Champions league places iirc. That move has come back and bitten us in the arse big time. We lorded it over most teams through our finances, signing huge name stars. I don't know 1 fan who complained it wasn't fair at the time.

We got left behind but now we have a healthy budget are we any different to the big clubs in the top leagues, just on a smaller scale? I'm sure Hertz and Hivs would love our spending power.
You’re right though. I don’t remember anyone at the time saying “yeah but we can spend a lot more than every other team in Scotland (and most teams in Britain at one point) so it’s no real achievement”.

Liverpool have finished with over 90 points 3 out of the past 4 years. They’ve literally never done that in their entire history.

It isn’t even in question.

(They won the league with 90 in ‘88).

They were 10th place in the league when he took over after finishing 6th the year before.
And his first 3 finishes were 8th, 4th and 4th

Benítez’s first 3 were 5th, 3rd and 3rd

Rodgers was 7th, 2nd and 6th.

Houllier’s first 3 were 7th, 4th and 3rd.

Houllier, Benítez and Rodger’s all achieved 2nd placed finished at one point too yet folk are giving the impression they couldn’t get near a title or any form of success before Klopp arrived. He’s won them their first league title in a long time, brilliant achievement. But reading the thread you’d be forgiven for thinking they hadn’t been a baw hair from winning it not too long before he arrived, or that they hadn’t been in two CL finals (and won one) under Benítez.

I like him and he’s blatantly been a success ffs.o_O

Extremely unlucky with the points totals the 2 seasons they were pipped by City.

And his first 3 finishes were 8th, 4th and 4th

Benítez’s first 3 were 5th, 3rd and 3rd

Rodgers was 7th, 2nd and 6th.

Houllier’s first 3 were 7th, 4th and 3rd.

Houllier, Benítez and Rodger’s all achieved 2nd placed finished at one point too yet folk are giving the impression they couldn’t get near a title or any form of success before Klopp arrived. He’s won them their first league title in a long time, brilliant achievement. But reading the thread you’d be forgiven for thinking they hadn’t been a baw hair from winning it not too long before he arrived, or that they hadn’t been in two CL finals (and won one) under Benítez.

That's all true.

Klopp never took over the Liverpool team that finished 2nd under Rodgers though like your earlier post suggested.

He took over a team that had lost Suarez, Gerrard and Sterling by that point and was sitting 10th in the league.

That's all true.

Klopp never took over the Liverpool team that finished 2nd under Rodgers though like your earlier post suggested.

He took over a team that had lost Suarez, Gerrard and Sterling by that point and was sitting 10th in the league.
The post I quoted seemed to imply they were some sort of nothing club starved of success prior to his arrival. I didn’t really suggest that to be fair, I merely pointed out that before Klopp they were a baw hair away from being champions. I think you decided that for yourself!

He was like Jose when he first joined Chelsea. A breath of fresh air in a sometime turgid product. Now he's morphed into a moaning, whinging boring tramp of a man. Just like his loyal followers on the Kop.

Ridiculous thread imo Liverpool have amassed 99 and 97 points in EPL seasons under him and he's still only won the title once which is due to City's brilliance and outstanding consistency the guy is a genius as a manager you might think he's a cock but surely nobody can doubt his brilliance as a manager

He was like Jose when he first joined Chelsea. A breath of fresh air in a sometime turgid product. Now he's morphed into a moaning, whinging boring tramp of a man. Just like his loyal followers on the Kop.
I'm not a Liverpool fan and he is a moaning bastard but some are doubting his ability and diminishing his achievements which is mental imo

On entering the stadium he took some time out to speak to some disabled Liverpool fans in the UK via videolink.

Not many would do that. He has my respect.

They can't beat any of the teams around them in the league. A single win against the "top four" in England this season and they win the title.

They can't score in finals. Three finals this year, no goals.

An aging, creaking squad that needs a massive rebuild.

Stocks high, he could get another decent gig if he walked.
Ageing squad?

Van Dijk is 30, Thiago 31, Henderson 31. Milner is bit part and has been for 2 or 3 years his versatility has kept him around the squad.

No other player is 30 or above?

Throw in his league points total - which just shows how great Pep Guardiola has been!

Of course Jurgen Klopp has been a success. Not even up for debate and I cannot stand the guy or Liverpool FC.

I'm not a Liverpool fan and he is a moaning bastard but some are doubting his ability and diminishing his achievements which is mental imo
Can't doubt or belittle his ability or achievements right enough. He's just a sour boring bugger of a man. Maybe that's what happens when you spend too much time working in the..ahem.."Greatest" League in the World. :rolleyes:

He's been an enormous success.

The only reason the Premier League isn't full on Bundesliga is because of him. The limitless budget of City has left everyone else in the dust and they would have easily won 5 in a row, but Klopp has managed to keep it from getting out of hand.

If it weren’t for Klopp, the EPL would be as competitive as the French or German leagues as Man City would be romping it every season without a challenge.

The guy is a top coach, one of the best in the world.

Glad Liverpool lost if im honest but klopp has made them one of the best teams on the planet on a fraction of man citys budget

Be interesting to see if mane salah ect leave and he can replace them

Brilliant manager but an arrogant huffy koont, SSN made a compilation of his excuses when Liverpool drop points, best one was after a draw with West Brom when he said the pitch was too dry, latest one was against Spurs when he said he hates the way they play, aye ok pal

Over two legs the cream always rises to the top, but in finals it comes down to the tiniest of margins, as we well know.
It played out like I thought it would - Liverpool had all the chances but Madrid were more street wise.

Best manager in the world by a distance for me.

Not sure what you're looking for in a manager/ coach if you don't rate him.

Resurrected BVB and Liverpool without spending crazy money every window.

He needs to go back to his beginnings. Fleegle, Drooper and Snorky haven’t been the same since he left.

Brilliant manager and up against a Man City side who spend money like confetti.

Real Madrid goalkeeper only thing that stopped him winning a second CL last night

Liverpool sold Coutinho, a player signed pre-Klopp, for a daft amount of money to a daft club (famed for blowing astronomical amounts of money) who’d just received an astronomical fee for Neymar. That’s not exactly on Klopp is it?
It's not exactly on Klopp that Barca wanted to buy him for a stupid amount? No, that's on Barca. He improved under Klopp, Barca wanted him sl they spent a fortune to get him and Klopp used the money to make 2 big purchases.

Simple for even the thickest.

Back