Bale officially leaves Real Madrid

Ross Wilson should offer him a 2 year deal. Working with him would improve so many in our attacking third.

Retiring at 32, the very fact that is even up for debate just shows what a complete bellend the guy is. Great footballer on his day and incredible trophy haul but he is still surely a case of, what could have been...

Ah f#uck it, go get him Ross!!!
How does having the option to retire at 32 equate to being a complete bellend?

I’d have done it had I the chance.

SSN reporting he might retire completely if Wales do not qualify for the WC.

32 years old, would be some waste.
You're a long time retired.

Plenty of time for him to enjoy his money and play golf when he's in his fifties with a middle aged spread.

Early thirties? Keep earning the money and getting the adulation of the fans whilst you still can.

He'll miss it when it's gone. Ask Gazza. Ask Merson.

What is it with these welsh folk?

Two best players totally done in at a young age

Cost him the best years of his career, but he did very nicely financially out of the whole exercise.

Modern football in a nutshell

A five time champions league winner. If you're being pedantic then 4. That's still incredible when you think most would sell their wives for their club to get one, me included. Listening to offers.
2 bubblies and a twix!

Retiring at 32, the very fact that is even up for debate just shows what a complete bellend the guy is. Great footballer on his day and incredible trophy haul but he is still surely a case of, what could have been...

Why is he a bellend for retiring at 32? Retire and enjoy your kids at a young age. Aye that makes hima bellend.

Got all the money in the World. Multiple trophies.

Why is he a bellend for retiring at 32? Retire and enjoy your kids at a young age. Aye that makes hima bellend.

Got all the money in the World. Multiple trophies.
Pretty sure a footballer who trains until early/mid afternoon can enjoy his kids.
It’s a unique job, a short career - if you are lucky enough to get the opportunity, go make the most of it and play until you are at least past your prime. His recent performance for Wales suggests he has plenty left in the tank! 32 FFS!!

How does having the option to retire at 32 equate to being a complete bellend?

I’d have done it had I the chance.
Suggests to me you are a bit lazy. Go see Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowskie. Our very own McCoist, Gough, Weir etc. Have a bit of self motivation, he has wasted away sitting on a bench for the last few years.

According to Wiki, he's played 176 games and scored 81 goals in 9 seasons at Madrid, so on average ~ 20 games and 9 goals per season,

With a salary of 30M pa, he was paid roughly 1,5M Euros per game, or 3,33M Euros per goal.

Good work if you can get it, although I'm not sure Madrid would consider that great value?

According to Wiki, he's played 176 games and scored 81 goals in 9 seasons at Madrid, so on average ~ 20 games and 9 goals per season,

With a salary of 30M pa, he was paid roughly 1,5M Euros per game, or 3,33M Euros per goal.

Good work if you can get it, although I'm not sure Madrid would consider that great value?
That’s around a goal every other game to be fair, decent return for any player.

Pretty sure a footballer who trains until early/mid afternoon can enjoy his kids.
It’s a unique job, a short career - if you are lucky enough to get the opportunity, go make the most of it and play until you are at least past your prime. His recent performance for Wales suggests he has plenty left in the tank! 32 FFS!!

Doesnt make him a bellend if he doesnt want to play football FFS.

He's clearly had loads of injuries and maybe doesnt want to put his body through it all.

HArdly makes him a bellend.

SSN reporting he might retire completely if Wales do not qualify for the WC.

32 years old, would be some waste.
When you think he has barely played in 18 months, it’s a hell of a lot to have achieved by the age of 30. If he had the dedication of say Ronaldo, what else could he have done/won.

Decent goals to games ratio, but the 20 games a season is a shit return on that level of investment.
I would imagine the stats are slightly skewed as his first few years he was playing constantly and only a handful of games the last couple of seasons. They got there return the first few years… and yes probably not in the last few.

What could have been?

He has won 5 CLs, La Liga and taken Wales further than anyone else in a tournament!

He’s not Charlie Miller.

Plenty of time for him to enjoy his money and play golf when he's in his fifties with a middle aged spread.

Early thirties? Keep earning the money and getting the adulation of the fans whilst you still can.

I don’t think he will.

Seems to see it is a job first and foremost.

His agent, Jonathan Barnett, said that his client’s next move won’t be determined by finance but by where he wants to play his football.

He said: “Finance will not come into this. He’s already extremely wealthy. Gareth is probably the richest footballer Britain has produced. In any case, no club on earth would be able to pay what he’s on at the moment. Gareth realises that. Money is not important to him.

“It will be down to where he wants to play, a personal choice - but only after the Wales games are out of the way.”

His agent, Jonathan Barnett, said that his client’s next move won’t be determined by finance but by where he wants to play his football.

He said: “Finance will not come into this. He’s already extremely wealthy. Gareth is probably the richest footballer Britain has produced. In any case, no club on earth would be able to pay what he’s on at the moment. Gareth realises that. Money is not important to him.

“It will be down to where he wants to play, a personal choice - but only after the Wales games are out of the way.”

I doubt he will be richer than David Beckham.

Dont want him anywhere near us Same as Ramsey i want players to bleed blue and give us 110%

He doesn’t tick that box

Plus hairbands FFS

So you're telling me there's a chance

Not everyone's wired the same way. Maybe the adulation of the fans means little to him

And it's not like you only play games in front of crowds. The modern game is 24 hour all consuming and extremely taxing on the body. Can't blame him if he can find something better to do with his time and his £100m

Back