Champions League Final: Harrowing accounts of post-match violence spark debate

Rangers could have done more!

But on a serious note, Paris has become an absolute shithole of a place now, its a place to be avoided.
It was played in the Stade De France which is in Saint Denis, Henry went on a rant when someone said it was Paris

Got caught up in a smaller scale scenario in 2001 against PSG, crowds of locals roaming about causing trouble

Paris is a shithole and there is lots of no go areas that are totally lawless.
So do you think if the English national stadium was in Brixton, Tower Hamlets or deep south there wouldn't be issues?

There's well worst shite happening in London than Paris. Look at the teenagers getting plugged to death on a weekly basis

Got caught up in a smaller scale scenario in 2001 against PSG, crowds of locals roaming about causing trouble

Paris is a shithole and there is lots of no go areas that are totally lawless.
Me too, was in a pub that got gassed By the police. Hundreds of North African fighting each other and the police

Rangers could have done more!

But on a serious note, Paris has become an absolute shithole of a place now, its a place to be avoided.
Funny you say that. I’ve never been and I live in Australia now. I’m over in September for my wedding and after we were planning to go to Paris for a few days with my 11 year old son. Disney land and the louvre etc. I’m kind of second guessing it cause I never hear stories from Paris that don’t make it seem like a backwards shithole.

Nothing has changed for decades in Paris
Even back to our game under Advocaat, we were warned where to walk through the City and where to avoid. I remember it vividly walking through a Northern section to get to the Stadium as a teen and being told WHAT ARE YOU DOING COMING THIS WAY. I remember it and I remember there being a crush because the stewards and police had the fans at the wrong gates to enter! Batons out and the inevitable stramash and lo and behold the 3 gates to the left suddenly appeared ready for business and every one could suddenly speak English.
Don’t get me wrong as a teen Prenton Park vs Shelbourne was also worrying with an ensuing air being sucked out of you crush upon exit, but even with that incident in Tranmwre and the Euro Final nonsense in London I’d still nominate Wembley for EVERY European final. Transport, infrastructure, hotels, policing

Also apology to Liverpool and Real

Rangers and Frankfurt are on the sole of their shoe, scumbags

Watching this, it looks absolutely horrible. Notice Le Penn jumping all over this, free hit for her.

I don't ever recall any European away fans having a problem from Rangers fans in Glasgow. Can't say the same for the scum.

France should never hold a European final again. Ibrox must be considered for one of the finals - it is one of the best stadiums in Europe and Glasgow has shown it can host big events. Just keep the vermin out of it - they ruin fxxking everything.

Watching this, it looks absolutely horrible. Notice Le Penn jumping all over this, free hit for her.

I don't ever recall any European away fans having a problem from Rangers fans in Glasgow. Can't say the same for the scum.

France should never hold a European final again. Ibrox must be considered for one of the finals - it is one of the best stadiums in Europe and Glasgow has shown it can host big events. Just keep the vermin out of it - they ruin fxxking everything.

agree with your point about Ibrox hosting a final

it's well documented that it is SFA who nominate stadiums for finals and they will always nominate themselves and their fellow blazers at UEFA will back them up and reward it to Hampden

but the club should put it out their that we are interested and at least get the discussion going ,it would be hard for the SFA to ignore especially after the tremendous coverage and plaudits Ibrox has received from all over Europe this year .

it's well documented that it is SFA who nominate stadiums for finals and they will always nominate themselves and their fellow blazers at UEFA will back them up and reward it to Hampden

but the club should put it out their that we are interested and at least get the discussion going ,it would be hard for the SFA to ignore especially after the tremendous coverage and plaudits Ibrox has received from all over Europe this year .

Hampden's an embarrassment as a national stadium, and should be torn down. There's better high school stadiums in the USA.

Internationals should be played at Ibrox, Murrayfield, and we'd have to throw in the shit-tip to let this happen. You'd have the issue with cup finals, but is it worth building a proper stadium for that, when the country appears to be broke?

Disaster area, rampaging, robbing locals, thugish, incompetent and cowardly police, shit stewarding and a cover up to follow no doubt.
The question is should this venue ever be used for a major football final again and who is going to bring the police to account ? (no one I know)
Considering the inept and dangerous crowd management of the fans, police brutality and an army of arsehole robbing locals. It's a miracle that no one died.

So do you think if the English national stadium was in Brixton, Tower Hamlets or deep south there wouldn't be issues?

There's well worst shite happening in London than Paris. Look at the teenagers getting plugged to death on a weekly basis
What's the numbers of murders in Paris so we can compare?

Some of my close mates were there, and their account is pretty damming of the city.

I'm forever grateful our final was not in Paris.
Believe me mate, I experienced the pepper spray and it wasn't pleasant.

Was standing outside the pub when a flare was fired, then a mob attacked. I got involved in trying to get these c**ts away from one of our fans who was getting a hell of a kicking. The plastic chairs are quite handy as long as your not just throwing it.

Anyway, the gendarmes arrived and used their full repoirte,mainly on us as that lot moved on.

Hampden's an embarrassment as a national stadium, and should be torn down. There's better high school stadiums in the USA.

Internationals should be played at Ibrox, Murrayfield, and we'd have to throw in the shit-tip to let this happen. You'd have the issue with cup finals, but is it worth building a proper stadium for that, when the country appears to be broke?
Absolutely no need for 3 big stadiums in glasgow, especially one rarely used.

Ibrox is out the question as long as the BBC refuse to attend Ibrox . The SFA would see it as too embarrassing for their cult members to be seen explaining why they're not there... :cool:

That 4 min video is shocking

Very little media coverage of the attacks and robbery on fans leaving the stadium after the game

The focus has been on the crushing and mess trying to get fans into the stadium and pepper spray and tear gas by police before the game

I was in Paris in 2001 and our pub was attacked by North African scumbags

The French Police have lost control in certain areas and giving the number of police on duty they appeared to do very little to stop these cuunts attacking fans

UEFA have serious questions to answer

Funny you say that. I’ve never been and I live in Australia now. I’m over in September for my wedding and after we were planning to go to Paris for a few days with my 11 year old son. Disney land and the louvre etc. I’m kind of second guessing it cause I never hear stories from Paris that don’t make it seem like a backwards shithole.

Don't second guess it mate, do what you're planning on and you'll have a blast.

All the best with your Wedding.

That 4 min video is shocking

Very little media coverage of the attacks and robbery on fans leaving the stadium after the game

The focus has been on the crushing and mess trying to get fans into the stadium and pepper spray and tear gas by police before the game

I was in Paris in 2001 and our pub was attacked by North African scumbags

The French Police have lost control in certain areas and giving the number of police on duty they appeared to do very little to stop these cuunts attacking fans

UEFA have serious questions to answer

Turks, Kurdish and Moroccans. Same problem you'll see in the Netherlands on occasion.

Don't want to sound like a xenophobe but the community will have seen such a massive event as an open goal.

The scenes are shocking but not that surprising as someone that’s lived in Paris. The suburbs are a no go, but to be honest there’s no reason for you to go there generally, Stade de France aside. I don’t know how they get them back under control but the suburbs are definitely not the Paris you’d visit on holiday. Marseilles is the same, you’ve no business as an outsider in the ghetto so don’t go near it.

It’s absolutely damning the police couldn’t protect football fans at a European Final in the National stadium though.

You will have an amazing time. Enjoy the attractions, eat some of the best food in Europe and the temperature should be nice.

Astonishes me that tearing that pile of shite down and rebuilding it as a proper stadium hasn't been discussed since the refurb.

No one I know has a positive thing to say about that cesspit.

And as for paying for it, the SFA could make that money back within 10 years by being smarter with the design. The amount of money the Principality in Cardiff must make with all the events it hosts because of how suitable it is for so many things will be unreal.

Not sure your point here by bringing London into it.
Wembley isn’t the nicest area of London by a long shot, it’s been able to hold many finals without major incidents.
I’m not sure where you would build a huge national stadium in Brixton.

Talk about taking thing's out of context.

See if your Auntie had baws...

Rangers and Frankfurt should be on Uefa's back on top of this highlighting the shit that occurred in Seville with the attitude of the police and the stuff people had taken off them.

Did the English FA build the national stadium in Brixton or Tower Hamlets?

Did the French FA build the national stadium in St Denis?

Answers on a postcard....

Back