Who remembers when FF was shut down?

The crash barriers will be gutted that they've lost this little bit of poor oppressed "Lenny" propaganda.

Hopefully nobody will re-post it again

I remember the cartoon, but can't really remember the board being shut.

The cartoon must have prompted L*nnon to threaten his pregnant ex, or get a doing in Ashton Lane. Or something.

I was on ye olde FF from 2004-2007-ish. The old footymad board was utter chaos, the second one was much better.

My strongest memory of that era was when everyone kept reporting sightings of Maxine Carr in Glasgow and it turned out that it was some poor random girl who looked absolutely nothing like her. It eventually made Reporting Scotland and she said that people had been abusing her in the streets and in shops, etc.

Great days!

I remember it.
"A cartoon was posted and the site got taken down"
Think how fucking stupid that is.

Not one of the media were giving it "Je Suis Charlie" back then.

I was on ye olde FF from 2004-2007-ish. The old footymad board was utter chaos, the second one was much better.

My strongest memory of that era was when everyone kept reporting sightings of Maxine Carr in Glasgow and it turned out that it was some poor random girl who looked absolutely nothing like her. It eventually made Reporting Scotland and she said that people had been abusing her in the streets and in shops, etc.

Great days!

Was she not from East Kilbride and supported ra Hoops?

Yes

November 2005 - the Monday before we played Porto away in the CL

Remember been at an Under 21 game at Hibs and coming back to find that there had been an 'issue' . At that time you could view the boards without the need to post IRC as you view the Celtc version ComeontheHoops. A heated discussion between both boards resulted in Footymad shutting both around 8pm-9pm that night.

Nextday it front page news on the papers

Yes

Remember been at an Under 21 game at Hibs and coming back to find that there had been an 'issue' . At that time you could view the boards without the need to post IRC as you view the Celtc version ComeontheHoops. A heated discussion between both boards resulted in Footymad shutting both around 8pm-9pm that night.

I remember this, but how long were we off of Footymad?

Yes

I just checked my proboards login and I signed up on the first day which was 23rd Nov 2005 ! so it must have been a day or so before that, well remembered!

I'm sure it was when we played Porto away we stayed an extra few days and I'm sure when I came back I could not get on.

Aye. Was it about 11 or 12 years ago? Jeez. I'm glad they don't clock up the time we spend on here

Great days!

Great days!

I remember partaking in that thread.

Great days.

Did we not have to re-register with proper email addresses? No more hotmail type ones.

That it made the news was a total shambles.

Great days!

East Kilbride if my memory serves me correctly :confused:

I remember on pro boards one poster used a pic of his missus in a rangers top and wee white scants as an avatar. Blissfully unaware that when you saved the avatar she was revealed full size in all her glory.

It was manufactured outrage from the media. I think that was the time the media realized that they were losing their status as the primary source of info for supporters and wanted to attack this site.

Was it not a south park picture of Kenny having Lennons heid photoshopped/imposed on to it? No idea why I remember that but I remember the board getting shut down and going to the temp board.

Remember it happening and making the papers around November 05 and the backup board being in use for the remainder of the season as we longed for McLeish to go.

Remember it on the news but wasn't a poster.

The actual cartoon wasn't even that bad, seen and heard a lot worse. I'm sure people saying they haven't seen it will have without realising.

I remember the outcry, absolute bollox but it was a sign of things to come re TLB's protected species status in the media, a status that still exists to this day. Don't even start on viable devices :mad:

IIRC it was posted by a low poster, beggar? and didnt last that long on the board before admin removed it and banned him, as should happen in these occasions. The fact it was on the news and the board was shut was overkill.

I have the cartoon, wasnt me that posted it, it was fcuking southpark!

I remember it, all of a sudden FF was down and it took a few days to find out what had happened. F*cking ridiculous.

Great days!

Was that the woman from EK?

Was going with a lassie from up there at the time and remember her and her mum up to high doe (sp?) about it.

Remember this,about five or six years ago now.
Try 12 mate. We'd just moved onto the vBulletin boards. I'm sure the incident happened in the run up to the Inter Milan home game in the CL when we were in the middle of that horrendous winless run under Eck.

I remember trying to get on in the morning to a message saying the boards had been temporarily closed.

Great days!

At her front door in Sellick tap screeching "ahm urnae Maxine Carr." :D

Back