Scotland fans warned they need to leave before full time if they want a train home tommorow

Ha! Got tickets for the wee man to see his 1st game. Just checked so trail app and last train back is 20.46 meaning you would need to leave before half time. What a cluster!

What a contrast to Australia

The local stadium here, when built, had a railway station built next to it as well, with around 6 platforms

When events finish there are about 20 trains lined up to start whisking people away from the stadium as quickly as possible

And yes, both the public transport and the stadium are publicly owned and operated.

Difference here is, the state government serve all people and dividing the country is the last thing on their mind.

40% tax in England is set at £50271
41% tax in Scotland is set at £43663

Great being Scottish :rolleyes:

So yeah, anything above that, which would be anything included in this pay rise would be taxed at 41% and having just checked its 3.25% NI over £50270, so it's just the 45% tax that will be taken of the payrise :oops:
The difference is harsh I agree.
The tax brackets are a nonsense.
The issue has definitely irked me a wee bit though mainly due to their current stance.
Unfortunately most public sector workers in Scotland will not have to endure their level of taxation when earning the figures you quote.
Most would bite your hand off for it.
Enough politics for me back to the Gers.

What an absolute shambles. How on earth has our country and infrastructure got so bad. And we wonder why we won’t ever get a major final or tournament.

its across the transport networks as well

if you follow the Glasgow Subway on twitter its a daily stream of either operational faults or closed stations

the roads are a state, in Japan they have an earthquake that tears up the road - within a week its back to normal
here, they lay out cones causing issues for a week before they even break ground

from the top down to the councils its run into theground
and yet most of the doe a deer crew will vote them all in

if you follow the Glasgow Subway on twitter its a daily stream of either operational faults or closed stations

the roads are a state, in Japan they have an earthquake that tears up the road - within a week its back to normal
here, they lay out cones causing issues for a week before they even break ground

It’s actually unbelievable how well other countries manage compared to Scotland.

Look at the work on the M8 just now, will be like that for months on end and majority of the time you drive past there isn’t any workers there. As you say other countries would have it done within a couple of weeks.

To make matters worse we now have the Greens involved who don’t want any road improvements and want to punish anyone who drives cars.

The whole country is an absolute shambles but to some people it’s totally fine because they want independence. Can you imagine how bad it would be then!

Glasgows transport in general is an absolute joke. The subway is a mess. Any rational thinking person can be driven to drink when trying to figure out why it operates the way it does. No trains after half 10 and closed before 6 on a Sunday, absolute joke for scotlands main city. Glasgow simply is not a major city in terms of its transport. Above ground wise Glasgow is falling behind with modern day travel. The price alone is obscene and the schedule is baffling. There seems to be a like it or lump it attitude with Glasgows public transport.

The Liberal left seem to think America is on the slide aswell but having just got home there infastructure and COVID recovery is an absolute lightyear ahead of ours.

Imagine how much 20m could do to help the trains run on time.

A fraction of increased wages i would think.

But never mind. Lets ring fence 20m for our campaign.

Which will be nowhere near that if it goes by the same shit show on the 2 vessels that are being/ not being built.

Oh, and where the %^*& is this 600k Nikkla?

Deny, deflect and plod on as if it has gone away.

Is this not being pursued by PS or anyone in Hollyrood?

Seems not.

Seems to be.

The Liberal left seem to think America is on the slide aswell but having just got home there infastructure and COVID recovery is an absolute lightyear ahead of ours.
It depends where though. In big cities probably, but out in the wilds it's impossible to get anywhere without a car.

But in the capital it is at least of good standard, as opposed to Scotland.

Another SNP shambles. Will be the same for the gig at Ibrox.

Pay rises apart, this is the capacity of the rails if drivers work to contract. This is how undermanned and underfunded the railways are.

Glasgows transport in general is an absolute joke. The subway is a mess. Any rational thinking person can be driven to drink when trying to figure out why it operates the way it does. No trains after half 10 and closed before 6 on a Sunday, absolute joke for scotlands main city. Glasgow simply is not a major city in terms of its transport. Above ground wise Glasgow is falling behind with modern day travel. The price alone is obscene and the schedule is baffling. There seems to be a like it or lump it attitude with Glasgows public transport.
I actually find the subway reasonably priced. The lack of service on matchdays and late night on a Sunday is a joke though.

I love it when I go on holiday and can get the subway at whatever time. Falling out of a nightclub in Barcelona and getting a subway home at 4am. Here you need to wait over an hour for an overpriced taxi, or decide to walk home. Neither option is ideal for a vulnerable female out on her own.

They aren’t striking, it’s Scotrail drivers refusing to work their rest days.

I don’t think people actually realise why the services are getting cut, it’s down to not having enough drivers for the trains. Drivers not wanting to work overtime plus drivers have left and with covid postponing the training for new drivers means there hasn’t been as many new drivers coming through.

People don’t half spout some tripe on threads about what they think it is or what they want to believe.

Following on from some of the comments on the subway on a match day, it is a genuinely abysmal service which could be easily fixed.

Buchanan Street closes two entrances and shuttles everyone through the gate by Queen Street Station. Two subway employees stand at this entrance for a couple of hours and take turns shouting “If you need a ticket go to the left, if you have a ticket go to the right.”

The ticket queue (on the left, in case you missed what the guys are shouting every few seconds) takes forever and usually stretches most or all of the way up to the entrance. It’s slowed down by ticket machines with a convoluted interface and only two people at the counters.

On a bad day it can take half an hour to get from the subway entrance to getting on a train. All of this for what is one of the most simple subway systems in the world.

Instead, they could have gates which accept any contactless payment method. One tap in is a single, two tap ins is a return, and three or more tap ins is an all day ticket. No queues, no folks standing at the entrance shouting stuff for two hours, no shitty ticket machines, no need to close entrances to the station.

People on here bumping their gums about a 4.2% pay rise: while the CPI is 7.8% and the RPI is at 11.1%.

Put another way, a 4.2% 'rise' reduces your wages against inflation by 3.6% or 6.9%, depending on which inflation metric is used.

But, aye, greedy bastards, holding us to ransom, bring back hanging, we should pay employers to work etc etc etc

No sympathy. You reap what you sow.
20 years ago I was the staunchest of Scotland fans.
Now, after the mismanagement of our country by the nats, I really don't care about the Scottish team.
Once those bigoted bastards are out of office, I will maybe get more passionate about the Scottish team.

says it all for me

Which stadium is that?
Optus in Perth WA

As another poster said a page or two back as well, the trains in Perth run all day and are free after midnight, with 2-3 running right up to after 2am

Only costs $5 to go from one extreme to the other, about 1hr 45 mins journey, all day every day

Buses in the city are free all day as well.

All publicly owned and run like a Swiss watch

Won’t be rushing back to city centre anyway, because the last train to Edinburgh is 10.15pm. Gonna go to the pub for a bit and I’ve booked myself on a bus back a little bit later. What a shitshow though and I doubt the match will be much better :)).

Last train to Stirling is at about 8pm these days. :)

40% tax in England is set at £50271
41% tax in Scotland is set at £43663

Great being Scottish :rolleyes:

So yeah, anything above that, which would be anything included in this pay rise would be taxed at 41% and having just checked its 3.25% NI over £50270, so it's just the 45% tax that will be taken of the payrise :oops:

I’ve got a client who is moving his main residence from central Scotland to his home in NI (he is N Irish). It’s saving him over £3000 every year in tax.

Sturgeon is an absolute clown. She’ll ruin our country.

I was wrong Sturgeon never came to the rescue she couldn't be assed maybe worrying what The Serious fraud squad find

Bizarre state of affairs that people directly affected by the poor transport management continue to vote snp , from ferryless islanders to football fans forced to leave early .

The SNP are an absolute bloody shambles.

Yet their devoted hardcore rockets still vote for them and don't care that they couldn't run a fucking bath.

All about getting it up the Tories and shitting on Westminster, right?

Mutants.
National embarrassment.

What an absolute shambles. How on earth has our country and infrastructure got so bad. And we wonder why we won’t ever get a major final or tournament.
To be honest that’s not the reason the U.K. won’t get a major tournament as shite as our suitability is far better than most of the shot holes the major tournaments have been in the last 15 years. The UK is much better for a major tournament than Greece, Portugal, Ukraine, Poland, South Africa, Russia or even France.

It’s our inability to be French or German and our lack of bribery which stops us hosting one.

Back