Scotland fans warned they need to leave before full time if they want a train home tommorow

Sometimes unions are necessary but it’s getting to the point where we just rotate round which union will hold the country to ransom until they get the pay rise they want

Lecturers
Teachers
train drivers
Conductors

Round and round we go . Wonder who will be next.

Down here in Perth WA, your ticket for sporting events/concerts etc includes public transport. They also put on extra trains, buses and staff to assist.
There's no messing around. One train fills up, it leaves, the next is right behind it and that continues till everyone has gone.

Trains at the weekend are free after midnight - think they just want people out the city by then.

From one side of Perth to the other is about 1hr 45mins by train- the most you can pay is $5 - about 3.50 in real money.

It really shows the SNP/train shit show for what it is.

Sometimes unions are necessary but it’s getting to the point where we just rotate round which union will hold the country to ransom until they get the pay rise they want

Lecturers
Teachers
train drivers
Conductors

Lecturers
Teachers
train drivers
Conductors

What is your profession

The SNP are an absolute bloody shambles.

Yet their devoted hardcore rockets still vote for them and don't care that they couldn't run a fucking bath.

All about getting it up the Tories and shitting on Westminster, right?

Mutants.

ScotRail are a fucking disgrace, and an SNP-designed shambles. The service they’ve offered in the last year has been utterly howling.

Aren't these strikes all over the UK ? About time the fat cat bosses paid a decent cost of living pay rise.

No sympathy. You reap what you sow.
20 years ago I was the staunchest of Scotland fans.
Now, after the mismanagement of our country by the nats, I really don't care about the Scottish team.
Once those bigoted bastards are out of office, I will maybe get more passionate about the Scottish team.
Agree with the sentiment in everything you say there. The pipe dream of a 19th Century Terrorist republic still looms large in the minds of the delusional.

I still want the players to do well when they pull on the shirt though, I just can’t identify with 95% of the support so rarely attend games despite being offered a ticket for most of them.

Train drivers starting salary is more than a registered nurse with degree and a potential to earn up to £48000.
Hardly poor.
It doesn't matter what they can earn, and it's not about the nurses either , as their treatment is scandalous . It is however about a cost of living pay rise , so they can continue living as they are in already tough times. So many industries are taking industrial action and getting what they deserve . Time for the gread at the top to stop .

Agree with the sentiment in everything you say there. The pipe dream of a 19th Century Terrorist republic still looms large in the minds of the delusional.

I still want the players to do well when they pull on the shirt though, I just can’t identify with 95% of the support so rarely attend games despite being offered a ticket for most of them.

I was in glasgow city centre in june 2017 for a stag do and it was the same day of scotland vs england at hampden.

In the pub a few hours before kickoff they were singing "if ye hate the fu.cking english clap yer hands" while there was english fans up the stairs.

The tartan army are legitimised bigots.

It doesn't matter what they can earn, and it's not about the nurses either , as their treatment is scandalous . It is however about a cost of living pay rise , so they can continue living as they are in already tough times. So many industries are taking industrial action and getting what they deserve . Time for the gread at the top to stop .
I can't disagree about the the fat cats all countries are poluted and dominated by them.Thats not going to change.
However.
It does matter what they earn very much so.
Id rather give those working on the breadline a large payrise
A 4.2% pay rise on top of a salary of up to nearly £50000 is not too bad at all £2100 p.a
You are not going to see 9% + payrise to match the cost of living.Its not going to happen.
Give it to the working class who are going to food banks.
To say that we can afford it for all is correct but naive.The issue of " greed" at the top has never been tackled regardless of what political party has been in power.
So %^*& them give pay rises for the poor.
The average salary for a train driver has been quoted as £54000.

I can't disagree about the the fat cats all countries are poluted and dominated by them.Thats not going to change.
However.
It does matter what they earn very much so.
Id rather give those working on the breadline a large payrise
A 4.2% pay rise on top of a salary of up to nearly £50000 is not too bad at all £2100 p.a
You are not going to see 9% + payrise to match the cost of living.Its not going to happen.
Give it to the working class who are going to food banks.
To say that we can afford it for all is correct but naive.The issue of " greed" at the top has never been tackled regardless of what political party has been in power.
So %^*& them give pay rises for the poor.
The average salary for a train driver has been quoted as £54000.
I'd like to see those quoted figures . The same figures are being put out at the Coventry bin men's strike . Lies .
Also many industries have fought recently and received a cost of living pay rise up to 15%+ .

This is what happens when SNPIRA are in control of anything. Incompetence on a grand scale. Anyone voting for them is not of sane mind. I have zero time for Scotland fans but that is a disgrace. Fans shafted yet again. But when majority of those in that ground will be backers of SNPIRA then you get what you vote for.

Doesn't look like it'll be sorted anytime soon, does it? It'll be a disaster for our fans when the new season starts. You get what you vote for I suppose.

I wonder what tourists must think? I don't know if they're putting extra services on this Saturday, but there's a good chance you're going to have loads of young lassies from across the UK that either have to leave the concert at Ibrox early, or face being stranded.

I
I'd like to see those quoted figures . The same figures are being put out at the Coventry bin men's strike . Lies .
Also many industries have fought recently and received a cost of living pay rise up to 15%+ .
I'm not going to turn this into a political tennis match as its boring for the rest of the guys.
So my final word on this.
If you think that the fat cats are going to pay their way then that's up to you. Live in cloud cuckoo land if you want.
You will not see it.Your children will not see nor will your grandchildren.
Back in the real world the UK is financially fucked.Well and truly.
Working class people in the UK are attending food banks in ever increasing numbers.So someone's not getting the 15 % you quote are they?
That's the reality.
There will not be ANY train drivers in the queue.
As for their salary its freely available on the Internet.I also know a few of them.Their Union leader has also not denied that train drivers have the potential to earn this amount. I take it he's lying ?
Now if the train drivers get this then so will every employee who gets paid from the public purse.I would like it too having worked in the NHS for nearly 40 years.
If you want to see a true cost of living crisis and rampant inflation that's the way to go.
Give large pay rises to the poorest workers.Cut fuel tax, have a windfall tax whatever.
But I have no sympathy for the train drivers they got offered a deal that would have increases an already good salary.
There is true poverty in the UK and they're not in that group.

Regardless of you are a nationalist or not
Surely people in this country can see it's time for a change ,these clowns have been in power for 14 years
Any problems Scotland has can no longer be kept getting blamed on Westminster
They have eclipsed the long in power Scottish Labour with their contempt of the electorate and taking their vote for granted.

Also it isn't good for our democracy.Change of government from time to time is always a healthy thing.

No sympathy. You reap what you sow.
20 years ago I was the staunchest of Scotland fans.
Now, after the mismanagement of our country by the nats, I really don't care about the Scottish team.
Once those bigoted bastards are out of office, I will maybe get more passionate about the Scottish team.
Was the exact same mate , 25 years home/away games, now I’m not really fussed , gave my ticket away last week , gave away my ticket for tonight, canny be arsed. And the SNP are scum bastards

would actually be wonderful to see a mass exodus really early purely for the train reason
highlight the shambles the Scottish transport network has become

I

I'm not going to turn this into a political tennis match as its boring for the rest of the guys.
So my final word on this.
If you think that the fat cats are going to pay their way then that's up to you. Live in cloud cuckoo land if you want.
You will not see it.Your children will not see nor will your grandchildren.
Back in the real world the UK is financially fucked.Well and truly.
Working class people in the UK are attending food banks in ever increasing numbers.So someone's not getting the 15 % you quote are they?
That's the reality.
There will not be ANY train drivers in the queue.
As for their salary its freely available on the Internet.I also know a few of them.Their Union leader has also not denied that train drivers have the potential to earn this amount. I take it he's lying ?
Now if the train drivers get this then so will every employee who gets paid from the public purse.I would like it too having worked in the NHS for nearly 40 years.
If you want to see a true cost of living crisis and rampant inflation that's the way to go.
Give large pay rises to the poorest workers.Cut fuel tax, have a windfall tax whatever.
But I have no sympathy for the train drivers they got offered a deal that would have increases an already good salary.
There is true poverty in the UK and they're not in that group.

Just so you are aware, any rise drivers get will be taxed at around 53% between Income Tax and NI because they are based in Scotland, so its given with one hand and removed by the other straight back into Scottish govt coffers.

Wee fact someone pointed out to me, Scotrail are telling people to buy ticket before travel to game, even though there will be no trains to return. Single ticket is £2.60, a return ticket is £2.40... Its only 20p, but pretty poor they are not advising people of cheaper option.

You mean they’ve been offered a pay rise below inflation? Unsure about you, but most people I know tend to live within their means - they budget according to their salary.
Are you agreeing with him, it's hard to tell? Everyone will be affected by the cost of living and inflation rises. We can't just wipe it out for those in public services otherwise there would be anarchy.

I'm taking home less than I did last year in spite of a small salary increase. That's before we've even got to increasing bills and prices.

More of the SNPs malevolent incompetence at play. Literally everything they touch turns to shit

I feel zero sympathy for the tartan srmy's uber nats

Sorry to turn this into politics , but I'm strong on the belief that a cost of living increase should actually be that . The bosses at the top sure as %^*& are taking way more , whilst trying to cut everyone else.
There are many strikes recently in the south that are getting proper cost of living increases . 15% wasn't a lie , actual facts. Time to fight in my opinion.

Just so you are aware, any rise drivers get will be taxed at around 53% between Income Tax and NI because they are based in Scotland, so its given with one hand and removed by the other straight back into Scottish govt coffers.

Wee fact someone pointed out to me, Scotrail are telling people to buy ticket before travel to game, even though there will be no trains to return. Single ticket is £2.60, a return ticket is £2.40... Its only 20p, but pretty poor they are not advising people of cheaper option.
Nat

Your wrong.
The rates of National insurance contribution are the same for EVERYONE in the UK and are paid at full rate up to a threshold and then lessens.I do not think that they pay the full NI rate for the whole of the salary and the percentage lessens.So it will not be 53%.
And no it doesn't go straight into Scottish government coffers it goes to Westminster.

Train drivers in Scotland will pay 1% more than those in England in two brackets only for that portion of their earnings.
The final bracket that you mention for a train driver is more than likely to be over £41000 and in England it's £40000.Yes that goes to Sturgeon and Co.

How nice it would be to be in that position.
Most are not.

So they will pay tax at a higher rate on a portion of their earnings that already greatly exceeds the average UK salary of £31000, depending on source , some sources give an even lower figure.

So I'll take it back to my main point.

My heart bleeds for them whatever part of the UK they are in.

Return ticket prices for trains have been a rip off for many years, I'd say decades, it's not a new thing by any means.

Sorry to turn this into politics , but I'm strong on the belief that a cost of living increase should actually be that . The bosses at the top sure as %^*& are taking way more , whilst trying to cut everyone else.
There are many strikes recently in the south that are getting proper cost of living increases . 15% wasn't a lie , actual facts. Time to fight in my opinion.
Ok this is my last.
I'm not against train drivers or what they earn but I have as you have no doubt picked up lost sympathy for their aims.
I do tend to agree but in this current economic climate with finite money I say get the poorest workers sorted first.
A 4.2 % rise for an experienced train driver ,which they rejected , is probably the equivalent of about 15% + for our poorest workers.
Rising wages for higher earners will only lead to higher inflation which will in turn push prices up and be an even greater burden for the poorest.Its a viscious circle.Its already happening.
Taking off the exorbitant tax on fuel etc will help though it must fund other things.
Unfortunately this is just the start and I think that its going to get worse.
There's lots who are going to sink way before those on their wages.Throw them the life line first.
Back to the Rangers for me mate.

Nat

Your wrong.
The rates of National insurance contribution are the same for EVERYONE in the UK and are paid at full rate up to a threshold and then lessens.I do not think that they pay the full NI rate for the whole of the salary and the percentage lessens.So it will not be 53%.
And no it doesn't go straight into Scottish government coffers it goes to Westminster.

Train drivers in Scotland will pay 1% more than those in England in two brackets only for that portion of their earnings.
The final bracket that you mention for a train driver is more than likely to be over £41000 and in England it's £40000.Yes that goes to Sturgeon and Co.

How nice it would be to be in that position.
Most are not.

So they will pay tax at a higher rate on a portion of their earnings that already greatly exceeds the average UK salary of £31000, depending on source , some sources give an even lower figure.

So I'll take it back to my main point.

My heart bleeds for them whatever part of the UK they are in.

Return ticket prices for trains have been a rip off for many years, I'd say decades, it's not a new thing by any means.

40% tax in England is set at £50271
41% tax in Scotland is set at £43663

Great being Scottish :rolleyes:

So yeah, anything above that, which would be anything included in this pay rise would be taxed at 41% and having just checked its 3.25% NI over £50270, so it's just the 45% tax that will be taken of the payrise :oops:

Back