Scotland fans warned they need to leave before full time if they want a train home tommorow

uneasydaz

ScotRail has warned that football fans travelling to Scotland’s first Nations League fixture will have to leave before the game ends to make the last train back to Glasgow Central.

The nationalised rail operator has urged those planning to make the trip to Hampden Park for Wednesday’s match between Scotland and Armenia to plan their journeys in advance and consider their travel options, as they have been forced to cut a number of services.

The match on Wednesday will kick off at 7.45pm, but the last train from the stadium’s closest station, Mount Florida, back to Glasgow Central will leave before the final whistle due to the temporary timetable currently in place.

ScotRail added that there will also be very limited journey opportunities departing from Glasgow Central and Glasgow Queen Street after the match, with no trains on most routes out of the city centre.

Phil Campbell, ScotRail’s head of customer operations, said the operator was “doing all we can to help football fans head to Hampden and cheer on the national team”.

He said: “We’re adding extra carriages to services to help customers get to the game; however, trains are expected to be very busy, so we’d encourage people to travel to the stadium early if they can.

“Customers should be aware that the last trains of the night will depart Mount Florida before the final whistle, so we urge fans to plan ahead and consider their travel options.”

Rail passengers have faced chaos in recent weeks as 700 services have been cut from the ScotRail timetable as a pay row with union members continues.

Aslef train drivers are currently refusing to work on rest days as a result of the dispute.

The union has said that talks between ScotRail and train drivers will resume on Thursday.

Aslef union members received a revised pay offer of 4.2%, but have turned it down.

ScotRail has encouraged fans attending the match on Wednesday to get to the ground as early as possible as trains would be busy, with the turnstiles at Hampden Park opening at 6pm.

The operator also urged people to buy tickets ahead of time on the ScotRail app of via the mTicket system.

No sympathy. You reap what you sow.
20 years ago I was the staunchest of Scotland fans.
Now, after the mismanagement of our country by the nats, I really don't care about the Scottish team.
Once those bigoted bastards are out of office, I will maybe get more passionate about the Scottish team.

Mount Florida station at 21:15....

scottish-scotland.gif

but but they voted to be shafted like this almost like they want to be shafted at all opportunities all in the name of FREEEDOM. Scotland is such a peculiar country.

No sympathy. You reap what you sow.
20 years ago I was the staunchest of Scotland fans.
Now, after the mismanagement of our country by the nats, I really don't care about the Scottish team.
Once those bigoted bastards are out of office, I will maybe get more passionate about the Scottish team.
Well said m8, my sentiments exactly. No interest in national team until those rheptiles are nowhere near governing this country! Until then, they can ram it!

I’m sure Hamish McTavish and all his pals who have to tab it back into the town after the game tomorrow only to find out they can’t get home will still roll up at the polling stations and vote for them
Stronger fur Scoatland

Would be willing to bet extra trains could have been ran, without the need to change shifts or ask guys to do overtime. Temp timetable goes way to far.

Watch out tomorrow will sturgeon come to the rescue and be the good guy and be the saviour. If not what a shit sow Scotland has become. People laughed at me when I was complaining about Scotrail earlier on in the year it is now hitting the fan.

The "doh a deer" song they sing. WTAF? I made the mistake of meeting up with a few mates on Alicante about 10 years ago for a game against Spain. That's all they sang. Over and over. Retards.
Place was a fucking mess as well. They (Scottish fans) did the washing up liquid in a fountain which was met with great hilarity by my companions.

Never been so embarrassed to be Scottish.

Back