Open Goal Broomhill FC make Broadwood home

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangeral

Open Goal Broomhill FC is delighted to announce Broadwood stadium as its new home.

Kicking off from the 2022/23 Lowland League campaign, Open Goal Broomhill will host its home matches at the 8,000 all seater stadium.

Club representatives have been working to secure a new home ground and are thrilled to sign the lease agreement with North Lanarkshire council.

This move signifies another milestone in Open Goal Broomhill’s exciting journey, and is a further step towards the long term aims of the club.

Open Goal Broomhill FC’s Head Coach, Simon Ferry, said: “As soon as we started discussing home grounds, I made it known that Broadwood stadium would be my first choice from a footballing point of view. It’s a big 3G pitch in great condition which will be conducive to the way we want to play.

“We are looking forward to our first home game of the season and hopefully there is a big support for the team from our incredible Open Goal fans. They have been a massive part of this journey from the beginning and we want to continue to break new ground and make history with them.”

Councillor Danish Ashraf, Convener of People and Communities with North Lanarkshire Council, said: “Broadwood is very much at the heart of the community in Cumbernauld and this agreement between Open Goal Broomhill further enhances the wide range of activities the stadium has to offer.

“This partnership and Simon Ferry as the new manager represents a fresh chapter in the clubs history and we look forward to sharing that journey with Open Goal Broomhill FC for years to come.

“I wish the club every success at Broadwood and look forward to seeing the team play come July. We’ll be cheering on with the club and listeners to the podcast alike.”

“This innovative approach to football is what the future of the game looks like, and we are delighted to be part of this exciting new project.”

Open Goal Broomhill FC’s General Manager, George Fraser, said: “This is a fantastic move for the club and we are delighted to have secured a facility of this calibre.

“Broadwood is the perfect place to call home as we embark on a new era for the club.

“We would also like to thank everyone at Alloa Athletic for the accommodation they have given us and wish them all the best for the future.”

Be interesting to see how this works. I'm sure some Open Goal fans will pop along from time to time as well

Be interesting to see how this works out and the level of investment.
I am not a fan Si Ferry just the way he comes across really irritates me but fair play to him he’s taken an opportunity that started out with interviews and made a career.

Still don't fully understand it.

Broomhill FC already existed, so have Open Goal bought them over and just completely went for it?

New kits, new badges, new manager etc all based on a popular podcast.

Surely anyone that actually supported Broomhill just feels like they've been hijacked for a wee experimental jolly?

Because not a fucking chance is this thing lasting more than a couple of years.

My interest in the open goal podcasts has already gone to be honest. More and more tim aligned as it goes on.

Used to be more balanced.

How the %^*& can you call yourself a serious football club with a name like that. Caledonian Braves is another one I hate.

The Lowland League is full of these wank projects and it's clogging up and limiting opportunities for proper clubs that have real history from the likes of the Juniors from making the league better.

How the %^*& can you call yourself a serious football club with a name like that. Caledonian Braves is another one I hate.

The Lowland League is full of these wank projects and it's clogging up and limiting opportunities for proper clubs that have real history from the likes of the Juniors from making the league better.
This is it. Clydebank, Pollok, few in the east should definitely have ambition and want a crack at the Lowland and beyond. Far too many of these attention seeking shiny clubs about.

This is it. Clydebank, Pollok, few in the east should definitely have ambition and want a crack at the Lowland and beyond. Far too many of these attention seeking shiny clubs about.
Like the SPFL the clubs are looking after themselves with the promotion/relegation issue.

Only allowing one club up every year means it will take a while to breath some life into the league with progressive clubs.

Can't disagree about the league is stopping some clubs coming up with only one promotion spot but on the flip side at least here there is some investment in Broomhill and they are trying to be progressive.

I agree with what you are saying but a share of the blame has to lie with the former Junior clubs who didn’t get in tow with the Pyramid at first allowing these joke clubs to get in ahead of them so to speak.

For those asking what the Broomhill fans make of it the answer is simple, they don’t have any.

That’ll be the Juniors, many of whom refused, for decades to move forward with progress because they were content to be big fish ion their small, local ponds.

Like the SPFL the clubs are looking after themselves with the promotion/relegation issue.

Only allowing one club up every year means it will take a while to breath some life into the league with progressive clubs.
Governance is the challenge and more are looking at getting licenses. SJFA might need to take a step back and link up with some of the better regional set ups.

Only problem as ever is geography.

Still don't fully understand it.

Broomhill FC already existed, so have Open Goal bought them over and just completely went for it?

New kits, new badges, new manager etc all based on a popular podcast.

Surely anyone that actually supported Broomhill just feels like they've been hijacked for a wee experimental jolly?

Because not a fucking chance is this thing lasting more than a couple of years.

My interest in the open goal podcasts has already gone to be honest. More and more tim aligned as it goes on.

Used to be more balanced.
That’s what tims do, isn’t it.
Creep in, infiltrate and poison everything they can.

That’ll be the Juniors, many of whom refused, for decades to move forward with progress because they were content to be big fish ion their small, local ponds.
Even thirty years ago, Pollok were miles ahead of most lower league clubs.
They had a massive catchment area and this could easily have been exploited.
They weren’t alone.
I’m sure Baillieston would have been similar.
Like you say though, too much short term-ism.
I’d say “lack of ambition” but that is subjective.

They’ll be playing Friday nights, I believe.

Lot of Goodwillie apologists on this thread. Weird.
I don’t in any way condone what he done, I do however think the reaction was years late - and not consistent with what the council would impose elsewhere.

Does this ruling apply to all council owned venues? It’s hypocrisy.

Governance is the challenge and more are looking at getting licenses. SJFA might need to take a step back and link up with some of the better regional set ups.

Only problem as ever is geography.
I'd say more have licences now than don't. Especially the bigger clubs

Its going to be a shambles but I doubt they will give much a f*ck it will drive a load of content either way.

Expect some Rockyesque p*ss take for months about Slaney making his way back into the game etc and so on

At the core of the open goal podcast is football people , slaney has added in a bit of edge of a cliff style comedy.

Good luck to them says I

Ps , someone asked how long before slaney & Kevin Kyle are involved ?

Kevin Kyle who played for Sunderland , killie , hearts , Scotland & Rangers , that Kevin Kyle ? It’s not like ford keirnan is assistant manager

At the core of the open goal podcast is football people , slaney has added in a bit of edge of a cliff style comedy.

Good luck to them says I

Ps , someone asked how long before slaney & Kevin Kyle are involved ?

Kevin Kyle who played for Sunderland , killie , hearts , Scotland & Rangers , that Kevin Kyle ? It’s not like ford keirnan is assistant manager
At its core Open Goal was supposed to be Si Ferry sitting down with footballers and managers and getting their stories.

His podcast with Ally McCoist was brilliant!

It turned into a vanity project when they started adding Slaney etc and just sitting talking shite to each other about shite.

It's shit now. Needs to go back to its original format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back